FIFTH – Nightmare
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10/09/2007 - 10 days left

She woke up panting, in a cold sweat, swallowing dryly as she took a few deep breaths. She tried to calm down: "That was too real." She could no longer tell which part of it had been real or not, but it seemed so... vivid. Shiroh looked down at her trembling hands. 

.

.

.

 

Dawn passed more quickly than she had imagined. A voice echoed, but it was impossible to make it out. Thoughts flooded her mind, making it difficult to identify the voice: "Shiroh? Shiroh? Hey, hey? Can you hear me?" Blinking a few times, she was finally able to focus her vision on the person in front of her, it was Chizuro. 

- Finally. So, what do you think of this plan?

She was in Nakano's office, everyone was looking at her:

- Oh, yeah... sorry, can you repeat that? 

- Gods, she's acting strange today... - You could hear Ouhi commenting to Lullaby.

Nakano sighed:

- Since the people carrying out the attacks can be unpredictable, I don't want to waste time predicting future attacks, so you'll be on duty watching the city. Now that there are three of you, it's easier. What do you think?

- Oh, yes, okay...

Wait, didn't she already say that?

- Shiroh, hey! SHIROH! SHIROH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! - A voice echoed in her head

It was already night, she was jumping between buildings, when suddenly Chizuro's voice echoed in her mind

- What is it, what is it? - She stopped jumping, standing on the roof of a building

- AN ATTACK. DIDN'T YOU HEAR?????? - Chizuro looked desperate - COME SOON PLEASE!

- Okay, okay! 

That shape was very familiar, but what... why am I the only one seeing it?

- SHIROH'S STILL AGAIN! 

A voice could be heard from behind. But why do I see it?

- I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT! 

Why do I see it?

- Shiroh, Shiroh, are you all right? - Chizuro had both hands on Shiroh's shoulders, squeezing lightly

- I am, I am... - She sighed - I'm sorry... 

- It's okay, sister - Urash hugged her

Her room was now empty, she looked around. Urash's bed had been moved to Chizuro's room, as there was more space there. There were only a few marks on the wall from the stickers that had once been there. Shiroh's eyes, which were a deep crimson, looked tired, but there were no dark circles under her eyes. 

- Shiroh, if you turn right now, in five hundred meters you'll come across the focus of the attack. Get there before the explosion happens - Nakano's voice echoed in her mind

- Understood.

Arriving at the site, it seemed calm. She managed to evacuate the people in time, but as she checked to see if everyone had left, a shadow covered her. Slowly she turned around, that silhouette, that... shape...

- Nakano, job finished here - Chizuro said as she looked around - What's up, Shiroh? Come on, we've finished with the things.

- How long has it been since I've seen him? How long have I been on duty? I just wanted to see him again... - She was sitting on the edge of her bed, staring at the floor. It was hard to keep her composure. "I miss him" was the best way to sum up her feelings. 

- We've been at it for a month, when are we going to fall out with the son of a bitch who's in charge of all this? - Lullaby asked Nakano

- I don't know, Lullaby, it depends on when he wants to make his appearance. 

She passed them in the hallway of the mansion, unable to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Something tells me I don't want to meet the mastermind behind these attacks," She thought to herself as she looked in the mirror. "No, remember what Nakano said, I need to work hard." Her expression, at first glance, seemed normal, but it was obvious that a goddess wouldn't show signs of fatigue so obviously. "I'm tired" was the best way to sum up her feelings.

- Okay, let's continue the way we're going - Nakano made some notes on a map - The attacks have been decreasing

- We've been doing a great job this last month, how about when it's all over... we have a FUCKING PARTY HUH? - Lullaby looked excited

- I'm in! - Urash replied excitedly

- LET'S FUCKING GO! - July joined in the excitement

- I think it's worth playing a few games of poker... - Ouhi commented with a mischievous grin.

- Well, that's if you can finish everything - Nakano sighed.

- I trust them - Fuan smiled slightly, a rare sight.

- MY GOD! FUAN SMILED! - Lullaby was being as scandalous as ever

Everything seemed so normal, but... why am I so distant from them? I feel... out of place, like a piece of a puzzle that's been lost. This isn't my place... 

- What's up, sister? Do you think your mission is coming to an end? Isn't it nice to think that your dream is coming to an end? - Pause - I mean, to be realized - Urash started a conversation at the lunch table

- Just don't forget us when you become famous, eh? - Ouhi laughed

- If she forgets me, I'll invade Olympus - Lullaby pointed the knife at Shiroh.

- Ah well, if it's not too much to ask, there's someone I... - July commented, looking nervous about something

- AH NO! YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SEE THAT VAMPIRE - Ouhi put her arm around July's shoulders, bringing her closer

- LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!! - July tried to get loose

- Shiroh...? - Chizuro asked, totally disconnected from all the fighting going on across the table

- I am. I'm glad it's coming to an end - Shiroh replied

Lies, lies and more lies. Fear was overwhelming Shiroh. Fear of what? Of failing, of going wrong, of everything being useless, of not being what she wanted, of not succeeding. Fear of everything, simple. 

I'm so tired.

0