EIGHTH – Dream
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

19/09/2007 - 1 day left

She stood up at once, panting. She was on top of a building, the place where she had had her last memories. After a while, she managed to catch her breath and observe her surroundings. 

- Right, there's no one here... what the hell could have happened? 

She stood still for a while, thinking.

- I got into a fight with Nakano and I think she blacked me out, then the others got into a fight with her and... I don't remember... - she sighed.

She decided to jump between the buildings, looking for any clues. Until she heard a commotion not far from where she was, she immediately headed there. When she arrived at the scene, she was faced with a frightening situation: her two sisters, Lullaby, Ouhi and July were surrounded by several slime creatures, and they seemed to have lost total control of the situation. 

- Shit! 

She tried to go over there, but her feet stopped. She was static. She couldn't even scream.

No no no, this can't be happening, not again! Please... for God's sake... I don't want to... not again...

Hey...~ 

It was almost as if something was holding her down, not just her feet, her whole body, even her mouth. She was completely immobile, she could only watch the scene.

No please, God... please don't...

Hey, girl...

Someone, someone please... I don't want to... please... please... 

WAKE UP GIRL!

.

.

.

 

Shiroh was in her bed, she had another nightmare, but she quickly calmed down. It was September 19th, the night before they had fought an arduous but very worthwhile battle. Luckily, they had gotten a lot of clues and had taken the day off to rest, because tomorrow, the 20th, would be the big day. They would finally put an end to the mastermind behind it all. Being reminded of this great news, Shiroh was easily able to calm down from the nightmare and got out of bed. It was already nine o'clock and they were due to meet at Nakano's mansion to discuss the plan. Leaving her room, she found Chizuro waiting on the table, Urash, Lullaby and July calmly drinking their coffee and chatting. On the sofa, it was possible to see Ouhi sleeping soundly; Chizuro went to wake her up after she had finished setting the table. Shiroh slowly made her way to the table, but before she did, she was interrupted by Lullaby and Urash hugging her.

- HEY! SHI'S MINE! - Said Lullaby, already doing her typical morning fuss

- HAHAHAHA! SHE'S MY SISTER, LU! - Urash said proudly

- Hey hey, no fighting! - Shiroh smiled - And Lu, I obviously love my sister more - She said as she hugged Urash

- BLEEEEEH! - Urash showed her tongue to Lullaby

- OH NO! I WAS REJECTED! MY HEART! BROKEN! - She threw herself on the floor, dramatizing as usual

- For heaven's sake... - July rolled her eyes

- Awn July is jealous of me!!! - Urash immediately went to hug July, who didn't deny it, but didn't return the hug either - WHO'S MY JEALOUS GIRL, HUH???

- Oh, will you shut up? My head's burning from all your shouting - Ouhi said as she stood up. 

- LALALALALALALALALALALALALA! BOTHERED BY MY VOICE??????? - Lullaby shouted 

While everyone was arguing amicably, Shiroh sat down to drink her coffee. 

- Good morning Chizu - She smiled

- Good morning. - Chizuro replied, cold as ever

They were all exceptionally excited today, after all it was the end of their journey, and that meant they would be celebrating after the battle was over. It was obvious that everyone's spirits were high, and the excitement of one was contagious to all.

.

.

.

 

Back in Nakano's office, they were all gathered around the table, discussing the plan for the next day:

- So, Fuan and I won't be able to support you during the battle with the motherfucker - She made her voice high-pitched - Oh, but Nakano, are you and Fuan going to sit on your asses and watch us fuck ourselves? - She went back to her normal voice - No. She and I will take care to evacuate everyone from the area and prevent too much damage being done. Besides, if the asshole summons those ugly creatures, she and I will take care of them - Pause - Just focus on the little bitches, understand?

- YES! - They all said

- But you see, I was arguing a bit with my sisters - Ouhi said - And if you need it, we can help you, and then if it goes to shit, we'll help the three of you. In short, they focus on the motherfucker, you on evacuation and protection, and we're in the middle to help with whatever is needed. 

- Yeah, I think it's a well-balanced team, right? - Lullaby added

- Right, that's fine then - Nakano replied - Just be careful. It's very important, every ste.. - Her speech was cut off

- Yes, yes, every step we take can lead to death, we've heard that a thousand times - Shiroh said ironically 

- Still - Nakano's speech was cut off again.

- Relax - She smiled - Don't you trust me, Naka? 

- Uhrm... 

 Nakano frowned, but after a while of staring at Shiroh, her expression relaxed.

- Right - she smiled slightly - I trust you, Shiroh.

- Hehe - Shiroh looked slightly embarrassed

- AND THEN, AFTER I'VE BEATEN THE SHIT OUT OF THE LITTLE DUMBASS, WE'RE GOING TO PARTY, DAMMIT!!! - Lullaby was bouncing around the room

- Oh yeah, speaking of which, how about we go and buy a few things for the party? Tomorrow everyone's going to be busy getting ready and who knows how long it'll take for the fighting to end - Ouhi commented 

- I'm in! - Urash raised her hand in excitement

Chizuro raised her hand in sequence, in complete silence

- Since you insist... - July also raised her hand 

- HEHEHE Nobody's insisting JULY! - Lullaby raised her hand

Fuan slowly raised her hand, Nakano noticed and immediately raised her hands

- Since most of you have raised your hands... - Shiroh also raises her hand

- DEAL! NOW... who's going to do the shopping? - Ouhi looked around - NOT ME! 

.

.

.

 

It was late at night, they had all stayed at Nakano's mansion, and had even organized the food and decorations for the party. In the middle of the night, Shiroh heard a knock on her door: "Who could it be?" It was already very late, and theoretically they should all be asleep. Calmly going to the door and opening it, slightly illuminated by the light of the moon and the lamp in Shiroh's room, she saw a rare sight: Nakano was not only without her typical pointed hat, but was also wearing pajamas, what a rarity! In fact, the girl was the same height, same skin color, face shape, nose and eyes, but her hair was completely green, the same color as her eyes, and her expression was not one Nakano would make. She looked worried. 

- Shiroh, promise me something... 

- Who the hell are you?

- Ah, Toga. - She held out her hand

- Who's Toga?

- Nakano's other... "personality", actually I'm her true form... haha! 

- Huh - Silence - WHAT?!

Toga quickly put her hands over Shiroh's mouth.

- Shhhh! I don't want to wake anyone, keep it down! I just want you to be careful... - Toga took her hands off Shiroh's mouth

- Didn't I promise you that earlier today? Or do you two have a thing about... not sharing memories? - Pause - No, but then how would you know who I am? Unless Naka writes letters to keep you up to date? 

- No, no... we do share our memories.

- So you don't remember what I promised you earlier? Jeez, bad memory...did you considered going to the doctor?

- Agh, Shiroh. I'm genuinely worried about you, can you just hear me out?

- Yeah, but are you worried about me or Nakano? - She crossed her arms

- It's not "me" or "her" who's worried about you, it's "us".

- How soft - Smile

- Shiroh, no... agh common! Could you take this more seriously? You're hurting my feelings.

- Wow! Rare take from Nakano. 

Toga pushed Shiroh into her room and locked the door.

- FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST LISTEN TO ME! - Toga shouted

Shiroh was surprised, completely static, with no reaction.

- Okay, I'm sorry - Shiroh seemed to have become more passive

- Shiroh... - She took a few steps forward - I can't tell you now, but that guy you're going to battle tomorrow... he loves to play mind games, don't let him get to you. Your sisters need you, okay? Please don't listen to anything that guy says to you, okay?

- Understood.

- I care about you. 

- Don't say that, it's weird hearing it from Nakano. - She seemed slightly embarrassed

- She doesn't show it, but she cares a lot about everyone, no wonder she worked so hard for all this. I just came here to tell you before it's all over, okay? 

- Okay - Shiroh seemed more willing to listen

- Shiroh, be careful, be smart, and do your best. I know you'll go far, you're a very hard worker and if you keep at it, all your dreams will come true, so go ahead! - She smiled

- Okay! - Shiroh smiled, and held out her arms for a hug.

- You come back, okay? We still have to celebrate that party, okay? - She hugged her back - I trust you, Shiroh. 

- And I trust you...

0