TENTH – I trusted you
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

20/09/2007 - 0 days left

The fateful day had arrived, they could finally put an end to the mastermind behind all those attacks. So far, everything was going according to plan, but it obviously wasn't going to be easy, so they all had their separate places and tasks. The evacuation of the people was relatively calm, and the vast majority managed to be rescued with minor injuries that were healed on the spot. What's more, the creatures were never that much of a problem, and after a few days the girls were able to defeat them easily. Strangely, everything was quiet, even too quiet. But for Shiroh, it wasn't that calm. Watching the whole situation from above, unable to do anything, was corrosive, torturous. That's why, the moment she heard that call, she had no choice. It was calling her and only her, only she could hear it, only she could answer it, only she could see it. 

Only you, Shiroh. 

At the same time as that creature submerged from the sludge, that black liquid seemed to come to life and destroyed everything around it. All the creatures that appeared simultaneously were heading for one place, the center. No matter what you did, the creatures didn't react to anything, they just kept moving in the same direction, and if you somehow got in their way, they did everything they could to get back on track as quickly as possible. It was almost as if they were being controlled, as if something was calling out to them. 

- Shit, SHIROH'S NOT ANSWERING! - Nakano had completely lost her composure

- I saw her throw herself to the ground out of nowhere, with everything, like, from the sky - July said

- Guys, it's just a speculation... but what if Shiroh is also under the same effect as those... things like that? - Chizuro said

- It's a possibility - Nakano tried to calm down - In any case, these creatures don't seem to be dying or responding to anything. Let's follow them - She stopped her speech abruptly

- Nakano? - Ouhi asked

- No - Nakano seemed to have regained her composure - Stay at your places. Urash, Chizuro, follow the creatures. The others and I will try to find a way to destroy them or stop them from going anywhere. Constantly try to get in touch with Shiroh, and if you spot her, let me know immediately, understand?

- YES! - They all replied

.

.

.

 

For Shiroh, time passed slowly, her entire focus was on that creature, she could only see it. It was all so confusing, but at the same time it all made so much sense. It was OBVIOUS! All this time, how come I never thought of it? Of course, now it all makes sense! Ah, Shiroh, how innocent can you be? No, don't let yourself get carried away, you have to concentrate now, Shiroh. You've left your place, you need to get back to it urgently. But you really need to find out what's going on. Shidou, what is he doing here? What the hell is going on? No, but it was to be expected, right? Calm down, I need to stay calm. He's right in front of me now, I can't be fooled by his little mind games, I've learned that very well. Take a deep breath. I just need to beat the shit out of him, and then everything will be sorted. And then I'll go back to them, and we'll celebrate and then... I'll become the Commander of Olympus. Yes, that's it. That's right.

- So it was you, all along - Shiroh stared at the creature, uncomfortably alike Shidou - What a dirty little game, using his appearance. Aren't you ashamed? - In fact, that damn smile, Shidou would never have a smile as maniacal as that - Well, if you're not ashamed now... I'll make you regret trying to play with me!

As she said this, Shiroh drew her sword. It was gigantic, entirely white, the handle had various adornments, and the blade had a slight curve at the end. Without a second thought, Shiroh lunged at the creature, which barely reacted. In a single movement, she tore it in half.

- SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU, ASSHOLE! SUCK ME, DAMN IT!

A larger puddle of sludge formed where the creature used to be, and all the eyes in the liquid looked in Shiroh's direction.

- Look, being stared at so much makes me embarrassed. It's making me shy!! 

Leaping through the tentacles, using the remnants of the buildings as support, it cut them into pieces one by one. 

- If you were a bit cuter, I'd even think about making sushi out of you - She smiled

Meanwhile, all that slime on the ground took shape again. The few tentacles that had previously existed had now been transformed into several, and not only that, inside the large tentacles other branches were coming out, and others and others and others endlessly. The creature in the middle was also slowly forming again. 

- It obviously wasn't going to be that easy - She sighed. 

Shiroh jumped between the buildings, cut the countless tentacles, tore them apart, leaving them in pieces so small that they were almost invisible. But as soon as she cut them off, they restored themselves and returned to their previous form; all her efforts were in vain. 

- Okay... - She tried to catch her breath - you're tougher than I thought - She took several deep breaths - just a second... hold on... just hold on... - She leaned on her sword - damn, i'm done for. 

Until then, the creature hadn't shown any reaction, it just followed Shiroh with its gaze, but never attacked her back. 

- Listen... I'm here doing my best, it gets a bit boring if you just stand there - She breathed - I know my effort is going to waste, but pretend for a moment that it's worth it - She breathed - I don't know... it is... - She was still trying to catch his breath - MAN, IF I'M THE ONLY ONE ATTACKING IT'S BORING, IT LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT EVEN DOING SOMETHING - She unsheathed her sword.

The creature stared at Shiroh. 

- Since you insist... - It had finally shown some reaction

- FUCK, YOU TALK! - She was surprised - WAIT WAIT, SPEAK IN A NORMAL VOICE, CAN YOU?

- That's my normal voice... - However, even though the voice was coming out of it, the smile was still there, unmoving.

- Fuck - Pause - It's just that it's really annoying to hear Shidou talking like that, it ruined my image of him... even though it's been a while since we've seen each other... shit.

- Enough small talk. 

As it said this, the creature raised its right arm, and in response, the tentacles on its right side also rose.

- Wow - Shiroh drew her sword

And then the creature abruptly moved its arm to the side. Shiroh didn't have time to react, as in one fell swoop the raised tentacles threw her to one side. She fell into the rubble of the buildings. With barely time to react, the tentacles came from above, sinking her into the ground. She tried to pull herself together and get up, but was attacked again, thrown to the other side, and then to the other side, and then to the other side, and the other side.

- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING PING PONG WITH ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH? - Shiroh screamed as she was thrown from one side to the other 

She was thrown between the buildings, the incessant attacks seemed to have stopped, and she finally had time to breathe. Her clothes were already completely ruined, not to mention her hair. 

- Ouch, ouch, Chizuro's going to kill me... speaking of which, where's everyone? 

And again, she was thrown to the other side. The dust from the concrete of the buildings and the street breaking up made Shiroh cough a little.

- Holy shit, I'm fucked - she coughed - shit - she said as she cleaned herself up a bit - listen to me, you little shit!

Another tentacle was about to attack her, but Shiroh was able to dodge it, taking advantage of the momentum she cut it and then blew it up using magic. 

- All right, ¼ of that tentacle is gone now...... - She looked at the countless tentacles - I'm so fucked! 

As she landed on the ground, preparing to dodge another attack, Chizuro and Urash appeared at her side. 

- CHIZURO! Urash! I'm so glad you're here! - She said excitedly

- What the fuck is that? - Chizuro was startled

- Yeah... long story. It's just not Shidou... I don't think - Pause - Anyway, just beat the shit out of him and that'll be that! He's a little prick, so watch out for his attacks. 

- All right, if it's the three of us we can do it, that's for sure! - Urash tried to be optimistic

The creature, which until then had been unresponsive, barely waited for them to finish talking before it tried to attack them again, this time aiming at Urash. 

- THAT'S LOW! Aiming at the weakest - Shiroh said. She jumped between the buildings, looking for a gap

- No problem, sister! - Urash easily dodged the attack. She took advantage and pulled out her staff

- Don't worry, beat the shit out of assholes is my specialty - Chizuro pulled out her sword, which was very similar to Shiroh's, except that it was entirely black.

Chizuro was the next to be attacked, she fell among some rubble, creating a huge dust.

- CHIZURO! ARE YOU OK? - Urash asked

- CHIZURO! - Shiroh shouted

The creature stared at the spot where Chizuro had fallen, without reacting. However, suddenly a huge piece of rubble flew towards the creature, which easily shattered it. While the creature was busy, Chizuro jumped up from where she was and completely tore apart the tentacle previously attacked by Shiroh. Urash, who was paying attention, took advantage of this attack and used her staff to blow up what was left of the tentacle. The being didn't seem to react to the attacks, but at least the tentacle didn't regenerate.

- It works just like the slime creatures. Just don't get carried away by his little games! - Chizuro said

- Take it easy, we can do it! - Urash added

- THAT'S RIGHT, DAMN IT! LET'S FUCKING GO! - Shiroh said

The three had great teamwork, while one disturbed the creature by constantly attacking it or deflecting its attacks, the other two cut off its tentacles and then blew them up with magic. After a while, it was easy to predict its attacks, since until then all it had done was attack with its tentacles, which were rather clumsy. 

- BITCH! I TOLD YOU YOU'D REGRET MESSING WITH ME, YOU BASTARD! - Shiroh laughed

After a while, most of the buildings had been destroyed, mainly because of the uncoordinated tentacles. On the other hand, most of the tentacles had been destroyed. Shiroh took advantage of the fact that the creature had just attacked, and while dodging its attack, cut the tentacle. Quickly, Chizuro threw a beam of light at the tentacle, exploding it. The creature, in response, screamed in agony, all its eyes twitched, and the two remaining tentacles struggled in pain. 

- YAY! FINALLY! It's finally showing some kind of reaction to our attacks! HIGH FIVE! - Shiroh was excited again

- I told you we could do it! - Urash said

- Don't let your guards down - Chizuro, as always, was calm

The creature's grunting continued for a while, but then it suddenly stopped, the two tentacles lowered and remained still, the eyes all closed. The creature was completely still.

- It died? - Shiroh looked confused

- No. 

The tentacles began to spread, to "melt" and slowly took on a completely different shape, transforming into two huge hands that came out of the back of the creature that still had that damn smile. It slowly raised its face, staring at the three sisters. The eyes opened, but they looked different, no, they weren't eyes, they were mouths. And as if that wasn't enough, in the palm of its giant hands there were two equally huge eyes staring at the girls. 

- I've had enough of you!

- HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING BEAST!!! - Shiroh was excited again

- Shiroh, this is no time for that - Chizuro gripped her sword tightly - You can't let your guard down for a second, we don't know what this son of a bitch's attacks are anymore!

And before she could finish her sentence, one hand grabbed Shiroh by the leg, lifting her high in the air, while the other threw Chizuro away. 

- HE'S MUCH STRONGER THAN BEFORE, HE'S FUCKED UP! - Shiroh shouted from above 

Urash looked towards Chizuro, who was lying on the ground a good few meters away. She wasn't moving. 

- My... God... - Urash was completely frightened

- CALM DOWN Urash! BREATHE DEEPLY! YOU CAN DO IT! - Shiroh screamed as she tried to free herself from its hand 

- O..ok Urash... you can do it, come on, you can do it - She turned her face to the creature - what... do I do? - She didn't know how to act

The free hand grabbed Chizuro, who was so far unresponsive, and lifted her up too.

- SHIT! SHIT! - Urash panicked - no, this isn't happening... no... 

- Urash! FOCUS! - Shiroh shouted

Urash looked, frightened, at her sister. 

- YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE ME! HELP ME! - Shiroh shouted again

Urash took a deep breath and wielded her staff, a fireball flew towards the hand holding Shiroh, blowing off part of the hand. Shiroh quickly managed to pull herself together and land skillfully on the ground, unhurt. 

- Thanks, Urash! - She smiled - Now let's save Chizuro! 

Urash went to prepare to make another attack with her staff, but the hand that had released Shiroh quickly regenerated and formed into something else. It had turned into a huge, completely dark thorn and was rapidly heading towards Urash. Seeing this, Shiroh jumped towards it without a second thought. Urash, however, didn't see any of this happening and was able to attack the other hand, which released Chizuro, then rushed to take her sister in her arms. 

- Shiroh! I managed to save... Chi...zu...r.. - Urash lost all her composure, falling to the ground and knocking Chizuro over, unable to believe the scene right in front of her

The huge thorn had pierced Shiroh through the heart, she was kneeling on the ground, still unresponsive to what had just happened, the thorn quickly turning into a hand again. Shiroh slowly looked at the hole in her chest, which was oozing black sludge, she hardly knew how to react to it. 

- What? 

- SISTER! - Urash ran to Shiroh - my god... you... HOW? Because... 

- Ha... ah, I just saw it attacking you - She coughed, putting her hand in front of her mouth - and I jumped in front of it! - She coughed again

When Shiroh looked down at her hand, the one she had just used to cover her cough, a dark liquid was oozing out of it. 

- but... what the FUCK IS THAT?

Without even being able to process everything that was happening, one of the hands came at them again. Urash used her staff to block the attack, but she wouldn't be able to keep it up for long.

- Oh, what a drag! I don't have time for this now! - Urash said

- Urash, I'm fine. I'm still alive, I'm still standing - She looked steadily at her sister - Don't worry. I'm fine. 

- But... - Urash looked worriedly at Shiroh

Shiroh stood up, without making any effort, swung her sword in the air and cut the hand that Urash was blocking. 

- See? I'm fine! - She smiled - Now, go take care of Chizuro, I'll deal with him - She said this as she approached the creature, dodging all its attacks

- O..k..! - Urash ran over to help Chizuro, who was stirring a little

- Where am I? - Chizuro slowly opened her eyes

Shiroh had arrived a few meters away from the creature, which was staring at her steadily. 

- What's up, punk? Aren't you going to attack me?

- Didn't you like the little surprise I gave you?

- No. I hated it. 

- Too bad, because I have several more in store for you. 

- And what a shame! I don't want to know what they are!

- Relax, you'll find out soon enough. 

Shiroh leapt up and slashed one of the creature's hands with her sword, then blasted it with magic. In response, the creature screamed in agony, all the mouths were screaming too, it was quite deafening. Shiroh jumped back a few steps, returning to where Chizuro and Urash were standing.

- Hey, are you good? - She asked

- Yes, it was no big deal - Chizuro replied. She was already on her feet, holding her sword

- I blew off one of its hands, let's all three of us go at it, okay? - She smiled

- Yeah - Chizuro said

Shiroh ran ahead, followed by her sisters, she leapt in an attack aimed at the creature, which deftly dodged. Shiroh rolled on the ground. 

- Son of a bitch. - She muttered

The creature had its back to Shiroh, but as it stood up to attack again, the being's face slowly turned towards her.

- Oh gosh, don't do that to Shidou's appearance...

- Shiroh, I gave you a little surprise!

Shiroh had stood up and wielded her sword with both hands, jumping in front of the creature, which again followed her with its head. Its smile looked even bigger.

- Wipe that smile off your face, it gives me the creeps - She looked to the side - What's up, Chizu, Urash, did you blow that bastard's hand off? I distracted him pretty well, you can talk! 

However, Chizuro and Urash were nowhere in her field of vision.

- SHIROH!" - Came a voice from above.

Shiroh looked up and saw a completely unexpected scene. In one hand was Urash, scrambling to get out, and in the other, which should have been destroyed, was Chizuro. 

- YOU LITTLE SHIT! HOW... - Shiroh shouted

- I told you! A little surprise!

- YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! LET THEM GO NOW! - Shiroh advanced towards the creature

Maybe it was that son of a bitch's fucking smile, maybe his annoyingly similar appearance to Shidou's, maybe his ugly voice. Maybe it's the fact that he's been playing with my head this whole time, or even the feeling that I'll never be able to defeat him. I don't know how to answer that, but I just know that I didn't think twice about doing it. I regret it so much. 

In the distance, a few muffled voices could be heard:

- SHIROH! WATCH OUT!

- NO, DON'T GO THERE SHIROH!

- SISTER!

But at the time, I didn't give a damn about any of that, to tell you the truth. His ridiculous smile, which ruined Shidou's beautiful face. Having to see that malicious little smile on his face, while he had my two sisters in his hands, was the last straw. He could do whatever he wanted to me, I didn't care, but touching my sisters, that I couldn't allow at all. If I'm really a Hisui, no, not even that, if I'm the Commander of Olympus, how am I supposed to let those who are important to me down? That was something that neither today, nor then, could I allow. 

The creature slowly closed its hands tighter, squeezing Chizuro and Urash, soon breaking all their bones.

- LET THEM GO, YOU SON OF A BITCH!

- SHIROH, NO!

- SISTER, PLEASE DON'T!

I didn't care about the consequences. Ah, but come to think of it, I should have cared, even a little. 

Without a second thought, Shiroh leapt at the creature with her sword in hand, trying to attack it. However, in the blink of an eye, the roles were reversed. "How did it get here?" The creature had knocked Shiroh's sword out of her hands, she looked to the side and could only see her sword broken in half on the ground. She was facing the creature, completely unarmed. She could only stare at that smile. 

- I told you, a little surprise!

- And I told you, I didn't want to see any surprises - Shiroh snapped her fingers - let's settle this hand-to-hand, then. 

- I don't think I can do that... 

- Are you kidding? 

- I just want to give you another surprise, Hisui Shiroh.

As it said this, Shiroh's vision became increasingly blurred, the voices and sounds more muffled. An enormous pain ran through her body, her senses began to slowly fade away, smell, sound, sight, touch, even taste, all began to disappear. All she could do was wish her sisters a happy future.

- SHIROH! SHIROH NO, NO! NO NO NO... no... - Chizuro cried out in tears

- Sister... sister... no... this... this is just a nightmare... - Urash's eyes were shaking

 

I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promises. 

I won't be able to celebrate with you, I won't be able to party with you.

I won't be able to become Commander, and I won't even be able to call you to the palace.

Sorry Urash, Chizuro, for leaving you alone again.

I'm sorry, Lullaby, for not being able to apologize decently to you.

I won't be able to protect any of you anymore.

I failed as a sister.

I failed as a friend, as a companion.

Shidou, I couldn't say goodbye to you, I couldn't say one last "I love you."

How ironic, to be killed by you.

Of course. 

And I'm sorry, Nakano, you trusted me. 

I let you down again. 

You trusted me.

But I trust you too.

Protect them.

Protect them for me, okay?

I promised I'd come back, but I won't be able to.

Haha, I guess... really... 

I'm an incompetent

 

Shiroh's head rolled on the floor and her faint body fell hard. 

Her eyes, which had once been crimson, drained of color, turning completely grey. 

Only her smile remained on her face. 

Her typical smile.

Shiroh was dead.

0