Prologue
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

Plura haec deduci possent. sed intelligentibus satis apparet, non mirum, quod plures reperiuntur infectae Haeresi Maleficorum mulieres quam viri. - More such reasons could be brought forward, but to the understanding it is sufficiently clear that it is no matter for wonder that there are more women than men found infected with the heresy of Witchcraft.

-Malleus Maleficarum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Young Ryan, would you please read the next passage please?’

‘Yes Elder Wilson… But because in these times this perfidy is more often found in women than in men, as we learn by actual experience, if anyone is curious as to the reason, we may add to what has already been said the following: that since they are feebler both in mind and body, it is not surprising that they should come more under the spell of witchcraft. For as regards intellect, or the understanding of spiritual things, they seem to be of a different nature from men; a fact which is vouched for by the logic of the authorities, backed by various examples from the Scriptures. Terence says: Women are intellectually like children. And Lactantius (Institutiones, III): No woman understood philosophy except Temeste.”

Carry on Ryan.’

Okay Elder… And Proverbs xi, as it were describing a woman, says: As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion. But the natural reason is that she is more carnal than a man, as is clear from her many carnal abominations. And it should be noted that there was a defect in the formation of the first woman, since she was formed from a bent rib, that is, a rib of the breast, which is bent as it were in a contrary direction to a man. And since through this defect she is an imperfect animal, she always deceives. For Cato says: When a woman weeps she weaves snares. And again: When a woman weeps, she labours to deceive a man. And this is shown by Samson's wife, who coaxed him to tell her the riddle he had propounded to the Philistines, and told them the answer, and so deceived him.’

That’s enough Ryan, you may sit back down. So boys, the Maleus Maleficarum is telling us that women are more inclined to pursuing evil and witchcraft than you could ever imagine. Women are imperfect creatures that are more susceptible to the temptations of of sin and the devil, thus are more apt to the ways of witchcraft. They’re cunning, devious, carnal and must be dealt with appropriately in whatever they do.’

Elder, what of our women? Are they not like this?’

No dear boy. Our women are not. Our women and girls are innocent and pure and are brought up in our laws and ways. They live simple, uncomplicated and virtuous lives and keep our ranks full, so we can continue to fight the demons and witches for as long as we are needed. Our women are nothing like those in the wide world.’

0