Chapter 3
451 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Aramis invites you to join the Odd Company Discord, where you can give her advice on how to improve her journey and discuss all strange and weird things in the world of Illyre you'd like to see! Odd Company

"So Aramis, do you have any goals?"

A question asked by the guild receptionist when Aramis signed up to join the Odd Company officially. It gave her some pause, she hadn't thought of any goals for herself.

"What are my goals..?"

On her journey to the town of Bellwood, she had earned a few levels towards her evolution, but while she wanted to evolve, this wasn't a goal more an instinct she had.

"Maybe...? Yeah! I'll master as many forms of magic as I can!"

Luckily, Aramis was a simple being, she had no opinions yet, and so her goals could be as wild and varied as the people around her. Taking out her scythe, she wandered into a smithy, her hope being that she could get the weapon restored before the party's first quest with her on the team.

"Welcome to Red Dragon Forge, How can I help you?-! What did you do to that Weapon!? and that Armor!?"

"Hi Yeah that's why I'm here, to get my weapon restored, the armor is me sadly, but the weapon I'd like to have restored."

The Dwarven lady behind the counter looked as Aramis with some shock some anger, but picked up the scythe and inspected it.

"Mythril-Oricalcum Alloy with a void gem engraving, rusted beyond belief, but easily repaired. Lucky me for finding the first documented mythril rust, but anyways, Living armor? First time I had one of them as a customer, Well I'll get to work."

The Dwarf took the weapon into the forge, followed by Aramis, who was interested in how one makes armor and weapons like her. The Dwarven lady then pulled out a large vat of weak acid, dipping the rusty blade inside and then taking it to the grindstone, the acid weakening the layers of rust enough to reveal the black metal underneath.

"You're a living armor, right?"

"Yes Ma'am Aramis Soulsteel, Rusty Living Armor."

"Name's Shale Igneous, Lava Dwarf, Living Armor that don't attack everything are rarer than gold these days, seems since the Empire went to war, we've been on the lookout for cheap soldiers, undead like you fitting that bill."

"Are there any other Living Armor like me?"

"Oh yes! The Hero has a Living Armor named Gaius Ferro, and the Guild Master of the nearby town's adventuring guild is a Phantasm Knight. Anyways, the restoration finished, your lucky the rust hadn't eaten into the blade, otherwise I might have had to reforge the dang thing."

"Thank you Shale, and I may return one day."

"Well, That'll be three silver, cheaper cause you're a first time customer, and cause you provided me with some entertainment."

Handing Shale the money, Aramis looked at the restored scythe in awe, the glossy black metal and silver veins giving it a unique look. Channeling her mana through it, the silver veins began to glow, as a purple gem inlaid into the blade began to react to the influx of mana. Giving the scythe a couple of test swings, Aramis was happy with the results, and left the smithy, the scythe now placed on her back.

16