Chapter 7
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the kobolds exit the forest and form into a group behind them, the Blue Company members silently glance at one another. After squinting at Beler, Hernan turns while pulling an arrow from his quiver, immediately draws back his bow and fires. The arrow flys over the kobold’s heads.

Neinna chants “טיל הקסם” and energy strikes the lead kobold, knocking him dead.

Drawing their bows, Gevot, Beler and Yenser fire arrows in rapid succession; one kobold is hit and killed and one another is injured. The noises of the forest quiet as the injured kobold screams.

Recognizing the distance disadvantage, the reptilian creatures begin charging along the road, waving spears and shouting. Damin hefts her mace and prepares herself.

The magic user Nalda holds her dagger defensively as she retreats behind her companions. The party fires another volley of arrows at the approaching warband. The injured kobold fell along with another member of his group. The remaining 8 monsters draw closer to the mercenaries.

Switching from her bow to her two-handed sword, Beler moves forward and braces for contact with Damin by her side. Yenser and Hernan fire a final volley of arrows before contact, but both miss their targets.

Kobolds surround the two forward fighters, with three on each of them. The remaining two enemies slip around the defenders and advance on the elf and halfling. Lunging with their spears, Beler is the only one injured as a kobold spear stabs her shoulder.

Having switched to his long sword from his bow, Hernan gets past the kobold’s defense and stabs him in the chest. Gurgling its last breath, it fallsl to the ground. Beler manages to connect against one of her opponents, nearly cleaving the creature in two when her massive sword rips through it.

Both Yenser and Damin exchange blows with their opponents, failing to damage any of them.

Minutes later, the group pants heavily as kobold bodies littered the ground in front of them. Two prisoners cower and make fearful noises until Hernan kicks one of them. After a brief discussion, the party ties up the two prisoners and travels with them back to the Fort.

2