Chapter 11
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Methodically, Hernan slits each of the sleeping creatures throats, showing no mercy as they die gurgling.  He frisks the bodies and collects their meager treasure of copper and silver.

Moving deeper into the complex, the group finds the guard’s room to the north where they had been waiting for them on guard.  A few dirty, messy dishes and blankets providing meager comforts to the guards are found in the room, and three long planks lean against the wall.  The party guesses these are used to cross the pit they had triggered earlier.

 

Doing their best to move undetected into the cave complex, the hunters creep further into the lair.

 

---

 

With each swing of his battle axe, chains and jewelry rattle on the powerful Kobold chieftain’s arms.  While still a diminutive five and a half feet tall, his powerful build and ferocious demeanor leave no uncertainty as to why he is the chief.

 

After misses from the other members of the party, Beler manages a mighty swing of her sword, neatly severing the chieftain’s head from his body and sending it flying across the room.

 

Without a pause, Hernan vaults across the body and begins stabbing the cowering kobold women and children at the back of the chieftain’s chamber.

 

“Wait!” cries Beler. “Don’t we want another couple of prisoners.”

 

Continuing the grizzly execution, Hernan grunts back, “These ones won’t know anything.  We’ll have other chances to take prisoners.”

 

The others look on uncertainly as the elf efficiently strips the corpses of any valuables.

 

---

 

Walking back along the now emptied lair, the group packs away the goods and treasures they’d discovered.  Before exiting the cavern, Gevot decides to quickly scout down the passage they hadn’t taken when they entered.  

 

Moments later he comes sprinting out of the passage shouting that a horde of giant rats are chasing him.  

 

As they all run towards the exit, Beler asks Nalda if she could put them to sleep.

 

“I’m out of spells!” pants Nalda.

 

Running as fast as they are able, the group leaves the lair and jogs out of the gully, headed back to the Frontier Fort.

 

---

 

Preparing for sleep back at the Fort, the party discusses their recent experiences and adventures.  Nalda declares that she feels her capabilities are growing and that she has been able to memorize two, rather than one spell while studying before bed.  Damin likewise has been granted a second spell from her god, and Yenser, Gevot and Beler each feel like they have improved their understanding of martial moves, and during practice forms and moves are coming more easily to each of them.

 

Only Hernan finds that his capabilities hadn’t grown, but he remains patient that they are all learning from their travels.

2