Chapter 17
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening the door the party sees the travelling priest from the Frontier Fort standing attentively.  One of his acolytes holds a torch while the other keeps watch down the passage.  All are equipped with armor and a mace attached to their belts.

 

“My friends, it’s good to see you all safe!” he shouts jovially, his voice echoing through the cavern.  “After our talk, I left concerned that you were tackling such dangers yourself and decided to join you with my two acolytes.  I’ve brought breakfast!”

 

After a meal and discussions about how to handle the remainder of the caves, the group makes their way towards the exit from the Orc caverns and exits back to the gully.  As Beler and Damin go through the cave entrance, an enormous club swings down from above the entrance and throws Beler into the air and onto the ground some distance away.  Damin turns to see a massive Ogre lying in wait above the entrance.

 

Waving his hand and loudly chanting, the travelling priest begins an appeal to his god.  Energy shimmers around Nalda, Gevot, Hernan and Yenser and all of them, except for Yenser stiffen and become paralyzed.

 

The two acolytes cast spells of their own and multiple wounds open on Yenser’s body. With a cry the halfling falls to the ground dead.  Chronos’ energy begins gathering around the heroes.

 

Outside the cave, 40 feet away from the entrance, a party of 12 orcs stands up from the ground.  Half of them charge at Damin, while the other half charge Beler’s prone body.

 

Damin connects with her mace against one of the charging orcs and knocks him to the ground, dead.  Beler swings her sword at the oncoming orcs, but they dodge it then surround her.  Beler manages to avoid the attacks from the orcs around her, but the ogre clubs Damin from behind as she defends herself from their blows.  Falling to the ground, her lifeless body collapses.

 

One of the orcs surrounding her manages to stab Beler’s shoulder with enough force to knock her to the ground.  Rising as a time sprite from her body, she surveys the battlefield and their opponents cheer in victory.  Energy gathers slowly, as the paralyzed bodies of Nalda, Hernan and Gevot keep them anchored to the secular reality.

 

The travelling priest withdraws a bag of coins and throws it out the entrance of the cave.  They see the ogre sweep up the coins, heft Damin’s corpse over his shoulder and begin walking back towards one of the caves.

 

The time sprites increase the flow of energy and travel back in time as the group of orcs approach the paralyzed members of their party, menace in their inhuman visages.

1