Chapter 19
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The orcs lay in the underbrush, 40 feet from the cave entrance, prepared for the ambush.  Glancing at one another with as little movement as possible, their discipline wars with their thirst for blood as they wait for the trap to be sprung. 

 

A sudden movement catches their attention immediately as a sack flies out of the mouth of the cave and crunches to the ground with a sound indicating coins.  Four breaths pass with nothing else happening, until the ogre perched above the cave entrance losses patience and lowers himself to the gully ground, sweeps up the sack and begins walking back towards his cave.  

 

In confusion, the orcs look at one another trying to determine what just happened.  A group of figures emerge and, acting on instinct, the orcs jump to their feet with a shout.  The instant they emerge from hiding, two of the enemy spell casters enchant them and the entire group falls to the ground asleep.

 

---

 

Marching back towards the Frontier Fort, Beler keeps gesturing and talking to the captive orc, trying to make sense of him.  Hernan keeps pace with the silent acolyte and loudly brainstorms innovative torture techniques.

 

The group makes good time after they reach the road back to the fort and their travels pass uneventfully.

1