1:A New Start
64 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was warm, a little too warm. Yuki squirmed in bed as he heard the screams of his loved ones. His mother telling him to get away, to run. "Yuki!" A faint voice cried out. "YUKI!" Yuki squirmed more and more as the voice got louder. "Yuki!"

"AHH!" Yuki screamed as he jerked awake. He rubbed his face, wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Yuki! It's okay man, just another nightmare." Yuki looked to his left, another man in his room. He had tanned skin, short white hair that went down to his neck, and a little bit of a tattoo on his neck. It was covered by a school uniform, however.

"Wha..." Yuki took time to gather his thoughts. He then checked the clock on top of the door. "IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR SCHOOL!" Yuki yelled as he immediately hopped out of bed and looked in the mirror. Yuki was an elf, a rather peculiar one at that.

He had white hair with golden streaks. He had golden eyes and his hair was an absolute mess. He had pale skin like most elves. He used his mana to fix his hair. He then threw on his school uniform. Looking in the mirror one last time, he looked at the inscription and the scar that ached every time he looked at it.

"Come on Kose!" Yuki yelled as he ran out the front door. Kose sighed and followed him out. They were currently residing in a small village, with about 75 people. They ran down the cobblestone roads, making sure to avoid horses and passerbys.

"Shit! We're not gonna be there in time!" Yuki yelled as Kose ran up behind him. "Grab onto my jacket!" Yuki groaned and grabbed onto Kose's jacket. Kose created a small magic circle and began to skate on an ice path.

One of Kose's magic was ice magic. Originally, he had water magic, but he had trained it since he had found out about it. Yuki held on, trying to not slip and fall.

Once they left the village, they travelled for a little. On the horizon, they could see a town. "Ah! There's Maio!" After the two reached there, they hopped off the ice trail. They were now in the town of Maio, a rather large town with a little over 4,000 people.

The two students ran to the train station, however, it was pretty crowded. "Ahhh shit! Come on dude, we can't wait!" Kose shoved some people out of the way and jumped over a small gate where they gave tickets.

Some guards noticed and began to chase him. Yuki also jumped over, doing a little flip as well. The two ran next to each other as the steam train began to depart. "SHIT!" Yuki screamed, "Hold on!" He had an idea. "On three, use my hands as leverage!"

"Eh?" Kose seemed confused.

"HURRY!" Yuki yelled as he held out his hands. Kose then hopped onto his hands and jumped as Yuki tossed him up. Yuki himself then jumped to the roof of the train car, barely making it.

"Holy hell. Did you drain a lot of mana for that ice skating?" Yuki asked, panting a little.

"No, it didn't drain much..." Kose said, panting a little as well.

The train began to speed up, "So, dorms right?" Yuki asked as he sat crisscross.

"Yeah, I heard they're supposed to be pretty good too! I've been saving us both money to attend this place." Kose used ice to keep his feet firmly planted on the roof. After around 12 minutes they could see the school within distance.

"Alright Kose! Ready?" Yuki asked as he began to set up a dark blue magic circle.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Kose broke the ice and got ready.

"Go!" Yuki used Portal Magic and jumped through, and so did Kose. His portal magic had a range of 70 meters, the school was a good 400 meters away. Yuki would open another portal that would launch them into the air to give them momentum. Within a minute, the school was less than 40 meters away.

"Get ready to roll!" Yuki yelled as they were falling through the air.

"Eh?!" Kose saw another portal open and they fell through, rolling on the ground outside of the school gates, which were already closed. This school was huge, at the very least it was about the size of a whole manor. That was just the main building.

They saw people with uniforms on. The males wore a white button up shirt with a black tie. They wore a forest green long coat and gray pants along with black shoes. Their shirts had the schools emblem on it, which was a Trident with rays of light behind it.

"What class are we in?!" Kose asked, using Yuki as leverage to jump over the gate.

"B-62! On the second floor!" Yuki hopped over the gate. As he landed on his feet, and dashed forward, absolutely dusting Kose.

"I swear, you hybrids man!" Kose groaned as he tried to catch up. Once they were inside the building, which was styled to match the theme of their country, Briarwyn, they ran to a stairwell and darted up.

"Almost there!" Kose said as the two ran through empty halls with occasional students having to move out the way. "There it is!"

The two reached the door to their classroom and fixed themselves. "Ready?" Yuki asked, Kose nodding in response. The two entered the classroom. It was pretty large, and there were a lot of students.

The professor turned her head. She seemed to be a Fox-kin. Half human half fox hybrids, they were especially good at magic. She stood at around 5'5, having long orange hair and the same colored ears and tail to match.

"Ah... You two must be Kose and Yuki. The only two that managed to show up late." The professor said, flicking her glasses. Yuki and Kose got a chill down their spines, but they went up to the back of the class, which was at the top of a small staircase.

They took their seats and looked at each other before focusing ahead.

"Alright, for Kose and Yuki, I am Cassey Crow. Just call me Ms. Crow." Cassey had pale skin and blue eyes. A majority of the people were humans. Yuki was the only elf in his class. "Back to the lesson at hand. Now, you all should've picked your classes and your times when you applied here. Congratulations on getting accepted. This is one of the most prestigious schools in Briarwyn. The great Archmage Penny went and also graduated from here."

The class seemed quite surprise, whispering among themselves. Someone then raised their hand. "Yes, Terra?" Ms. Crow looked in the direction of a rather enthusiastic looking girl. She sported black hair of medium length. She was half Avian, having black wings on her back, and her eyes were a deep purple.

She wore the female uniform, which consisted of a white button up shirt, a dark green sweater, a gray skirt, dark green stockings and black shoes. "Have any Hybrids or Weaponmasters went here?"

Ms. Crow thought for a moment as she tapped her finger on her chin. "Yes, a hybrid by the name of Jamie Cu. He was rather enthusiastic individual. Best of the bunch of his year." There was then a knock at the door, it opened to reveal a tall, 6'7 man.

"Sup!"

 

Announcement
This is my first time writing something like this, so please bear with me!
Would you like to see more?
  • Yes Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but needs work Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
2