Chapter 12: A space affinity dungeon.
409 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[DUE TO YOUR AFFINITY, IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO CHOOSE AT WHICH LOCATION YOU WISH TO APPEAR IN. BE ADVISED THAT YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE IN AN AREA OF A FEW KILLOMETERS AROUND YOU.]

Huh, well that's interesting. Thought there was some sort of requirement, maybe it's because I felt ready to be public? Anyways, a map was opened soon after that message. I could a normal looking forest surrounding a tall and imposing mountain, I could also see a purple point representing my dungeon. Apparently I'm positioned at some random point in the forest, not very grand to say the least. Immediately, I chose to place my entrance on the mountain side, it would look better that way.

Once I chose the spot I wanted, the map closed and I was suddenly transported to a strange place that could only be the spot I had chosen.

[PEASE CREATE YOUR DUNGEON ENTRANCE.]

Well, that was nice! I set myself to work, I wanted to make something grand and perfect, something that would represent what I wanted to make with my dungeon! I started with a large archway of white rock and imbedded it into the mountain side, I didn't make the portal that would connect both sides just yet though. It was fairly obvious that if I did that, I would be kicked out of whatever entrance creation mode I was in right now.

I wanted to make my entrance look like a sanctuary that provided peace for all. To do that, I took an area in front of the archway and sealed it off using a white rock fence. Then, I used my skills to to make a little pond in the middle of the area. Though it still missed something, flowers! I spent some time using my space affinity and my skills to make plants and flowers that bended like normal but wouldn't break under any circumstances. The flowers had green stems with petals of all kinds, some were the normal reds or yellows, but others were actually portals that led to the surface of water ponds I had made. You couldn't take any water out, but you could touch it and see the ripples travel from petals to petals.

As a final touch, I added my light material in subtle touches to make it so that during nighttime it would look like a mystical entrance to an abandoned part of the world. To sell the effect a bit more, I added fake cracks into my archway and fence, and then added some vines climbing up on everything.

Once ready, I made the portal connecting the archway to my dungeon proper.

[CONGRATUALATIONS! YOU HAVE NOW CREATED YOUR DUNGEON PROPERLY, YOUR DUNGEON HAS BEEN JUDGED AND YOU WILL RECIEVE THE LEVEL INCREASES IN YOUR SKILLS AND LEVEL.]

Ohh, that's cool. I was wondering why I wasn't leveling up before...

[STATS]
[LEVEL: 1 -> 2
EXP: 0/100 -> 35
MANA: 10/10 -> 50/50
MENTAL STRESS: 0/100 -> 89/100]

[SKILLS]
[DUNGEON SHAPER: 1/20 -> 2/20
SPACE SHAPER: 1/20 -> 6/20
MATERIAL CREATION: 1/20 -> 3/20
UNDO: 1/20]

Well... I guess now all I have to do is wait for something to find me. Putting that aside, Lethe was now on her last face of the Rubik's cube, have to be there with her for when she finally finishes it!

 

POV: 3rd person

Antier Egos (an/ti/air, E/go/s) was having a bad day. His subordinates were all goofing around and weren't spreading the words of Terse enough! He might just get demoted from his position as a priest of this continued! He needed some sort of good news or else he might just fire someone to appease the Grand-priests!

And all of that wasn't even taking into account the fact that he had tones of paperwork to inspect and sign! He already on his tenth pile this for these last four days! The stuffed wooden chair beneath was seemingly not comfortable enough to actually make his back work correctly, he might have to go and see a healer soon enough if this continued!

He sighed and stretched himself, a few pops of satisfaction loudly making their presences known. Antier took in the plain white walls of his office, the barren walls making his mood plummet even more than before. Oh how he wished he had a wife and kids to hang paintings of in his office like all the other priests, sadly, his disfigured face made the woman's run away at first sight. Why they were scared, he didn't know. After all, he was no different from the others when speaking to people, the only difference was his bent nose and missing eye.

He sighed once more, no use in dwelling on it any longer he told himself. But as he started to lift himself up from his chair, the door to his office was thrown wide open, a panicked looking man walked into the room.

"Priest! Priest!" The man cried, tough upon second look Antier thought he might recognize the man. "We've got an emergency!"

Unhappy and annoyed, Antier responded. "Pah, take it to the others. I'm sure they can handle it!"

Herald, whose name Antier had just remembered, continued his frantic shouts. "You don't understand! The dungeon department has just noticed the signs of a stolen-divinity affinity dungeon!"

Antier stopped himself from berating the man at once. A stolen divinity dungeon? Its been at least four hundred years since the last one, they weren't prepared to deal with one at all right now! They needed to prepare the army!

He hurriedly gave a response to Herald, "Go the the head of the defense department, tell them what you just told me and make sure that they start preparing the armies at once! We have to take care of this dungeon immediately!"

Herald nodded and quickly left the room. Antier was still in shock at the moment, though the situation was bad... they needed to actually find the darn dungeon since the dungeon detectors aren't able to find anything more than the affinity's they had.

He narrowed his eyes, he might not be able to get a wife, but he was able to take on a divine enemy!

 

Hey guys! Here's the church pov I talked about! And also, I prepared a discord server for the few people who actually like my story! I'll be able to answer questions and stuff, but please respect the rules and have common sense! Here it is: https://discord.gg/5eTED7PVYH

13