Chapter 27: System display.
338 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Does time exist, or is it just from an effect of perception?
  • Yes it exist. Votes: 30 60.0%
  • No, it's just perception. Votes: 20 40.0%
Total voters: 50

It was finally time for me to begin working on my most ambitious project yet; It would be something that might take me years to complete, but it would be worth it in the end. It would make me completely invincible.

I wanted to control every single sentient being in this world. But to do that, I had to find a way to actually affect everyone in the first place.

It had taken me a bit of time to realize that I had the answer right there with me, the system. Ever since I had found out that only dungeons had the system, I wondered if I could recreate it for other species, and making a system of my own would also make the living beings of this world unable to harm me in any meaningful way.

The end result would be something that nobody could get rid of because it would be so important to their way of life that they would never even think of getting rid of it. A system that everyone would want to keep because it was too useful and important.

But, I still had to make the damn thing. And what do you know, I just so happen to have a test subject with magic that I can use for my own goals; The 'Mana-User' had tried to kill me.

I started my project with the human asleep, and I took a bit of time to decide on a name for them too before deciding on st-1 or 'Stan' for short; With Stan asleep, I began by brainstorming ideas for how I'd make the system, I couldn't just make it without a plan in place. I began by designing a set of runes that would always be present inside a 'system-holder', they would allow me to get information from them and to change their bodies too. I also implemented a mini Mental stress 'Rune' that would use a tiny fraction of the Mana of the ones affected to give me the Mental stress capacity it would provide.

Of course, I also added in a way to manipulate the Mana around the one with the system. Thankfully, I wouldn't need to worry about anyone finding out about what I was making for a long time, as everything was designed to be put inside the brain itself.

Now, it would be hard enough to actually make those without taking into account that this was just the 'client-side' part of the system; I had to also design the system itself for that. For the moment, all I was planning to make was a simple receiver and sender of information and also a way to 'collect' the Mental stress created by them.

For the moment, I only wanted to make the 'display' part of the system as it would be the most important component out of everything; After all, what use was a system that you couldn't see?

To make the 'display component', I was going to have to set up a basic information sender and receiver. For that, I began work on the 'server-side' of the system first as I needed to be able to send information first before working on receiving it. Also, it would be easier to work on that part too.

I debated upon multiple ways of sending 'data' before settling on one that would make everything work even if there was something keeping Mana from leaving an area; My space affinity. It was the best way to connect the two sides of my system and make it bypass any usual protections. Of course, there was now a question of how to make the space affinity work if there were multiple destinations to keep in mind; In the end, I decided on a completely connected space that would send a first 'identification' signal to all 'client-sides' to 'open' the correct connection and then send the information through.

What I was left with was a way to send stuff from the 'server' and get it on the correct 'client', I'll leave the reverse to later. Now all that I had to do was add a way to process information on the 'client', for the moment it would simply put everything that it got into the 'display' part.

To be fair, the display was actually way easier than what I had done before. All I had to do was to first look at where the eyes of the 'client' were and then make the system calculate at which distance it needed to show itself to make itself in the best focus possible. To actually display what I wanted without it being seen by anyone other than the 'client', I used a bit of manipulation of energy to simply curve light around what I was showing.

All in all, I had a way to send information to a 'client' and make it show up for that specific client. I quickly applied it to Stan and woke them up, I then sent a bit of information to the client and realized that I had forgotten to regulate how bright to make the system. It was a relatively quick fix at which point I then repaired Stan's eyeballs and and tested once more.

The result was amazing, I could see just what information I was sending from the 'server-side' appear to Stan! Of course, right now it only looked like static, but it represented actual information! I made a few monsters to test having multiple 'clients' connected to the system at the same time and managed to make it work (almost)flawlessly! It all almost made it worth the entire three weeks I had spent on it!

Now, onto making actual use of what I'd made.

16