3rd page
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ground was caving in as if something heavy was placed on top of it. The father and his children knelt due to the heaviness. "Argh, why does it feel heavy all of a sudden, hey kids c'mon and pick up the bats, she's right in front of you." As soon as the kids grabbed hold of their bats and tried to swing at Lucille, the surroundings became more heavy. They all lied down due to the pressure except for Lucille she just knelt there her hands touching the ground, the kids started to cry due to the unbearable pain. "D-don't tell me, you're a royal!" the father shivered in fear the moment he realized the intensity of the situation. "Yes, you should've realized that earlier and ran away when I knelt down casted sorcery." Lucille stood up and took away their bats, she then beat up the father with it. "P-p-please enough, we're sorry j-just please spare us, we'll get out of your way please don't kill us!" 

She drops the bat and glances at the kids, in a cold voice she speaks to them, "Do you kids see that? That's exactly what you did to my son, you mess with him once, I'll forgive, mess with him twice? I'll break your bones like what I did to your father right here." The children were frozen in shock a word was not able to come out from their mouth, one of kids took out all of their money and gave it to Lucille. Then, they all walked in unison and picked up their beat-up father. "T-t-thank you very much for sparing us, we'll never come across you again I swear on my s-soul" The father limped while he was being assisted by his sons walking towards their home. 

Lucille went away from the scene like nothing happened and went to the kingdom's heart to purchase her needs. After that, she went towards the town square to check the commotion that was happening.

The surroundings were filled with people and vendors from other kingdoms, some were human while others were not. Majority of the vendors though were from the Kingdom of Vagner the creatures' kingdom, it was a much more civilized kingdom compared to the current kingdom of Aflik. The vendors were mostly Lamias and the rest were Cyclops, Harpies, doppelgangers and many more. The town were filled with diverse races from all around the world.

Lucille tapped the stranger beside her and asked "Um, excuse me can I ask? What event or celebration is ongoing right now? " The stranger looks behind and replied to her, " Oh, it's the king's return in a few days madam, the people are reserving their places just to see him up close! And it seems that the creatures caught wind of this, pretty smart move to sell here taking advantage of the celebration."

" I-i see thank you sir" Lucille gave the man a 10 bronze tip and went home grinding her teeth. 'Calm down self, our house should be far enough from the main palace it would probably be impossible for him to find us here' Lucille ponders while walking home. 

Lucille reached her home just in time to prepare her son some lunch. She unpacked the items that she bought, she left one item on the bag and hid it before cooking their lunch. While cooking she checks on her son every once in a while. "Sweetie how are you feeling now?" Lucille sat down beside him inspecting his bandages. "I-I'm fine mom." Koban spurted out a little groan while responding.

"I see, does it still hurt anywhere?" she took the kit beside the bed and changed his dirty bandages. "i-it doesn't hurt, Mom." Koban replied as he gets dressed up into a new set of clothes

 Lucille went back into the kitchen and prepared their food, she spoon-fed Koban until the bowl was empty. Lucille ate the delicious chicken stew after feeding him, then she dragged her sewing paraphernalia beside Koban's bed. Koban gazed at the newly bought cone threads as she sewed. "I-I'm sorry Mom, I didn't buy thread..."Koban's expression looked gloomy, his eyes teared.

  Lucille stops sewing and went Beside Koban hugging him. "Sweetie, don't say sorry, it wasn't your fault. I should have confronted them when they first bullied you. It was my mistake, I should be the one saying sorry." She then wiped his tears.

"O-ok Mom, thank you" Koban hugged her tightly. After 5 minutes of hugging, Lucille went back to sewing while Koban watches her tirelessly. Eventually evening came, they both ate what's left on the pot before going to bed, Lucille slept on Koban's bed after sewing nonstop.

Morning came but the neighborhood felt silent... too silent, the silence was deafening. Suddenly the quietness was broken by the echoes of trumpets reverberating throughout the whole kingdom of Aflik.

0