Society in the Eyes of a Loner
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I recalled my past life.

From the start, I was not a demon.


I was a human... playing video games like everyone else...


I'm what you call a gifted.


I was told that I'm smart, that I'm talented, and that I'm blessed, yet I never had a friend. Everyone I meet are either rude, fake, untrusting, and worse, hostile.

I never understood why.


I listen and watch numerous children's stories, and they all include kind people winning against evil. I treated kindness as my core trait. I genuinely believed that as long as I'm kind, I will be fine.


I'm not fine.


I'm old and I don't have friends. No love life. I do had old classmates, but they never communicated to me at least once. Never. All the time, I'm the one approaching them, never the other way around.


I do have family, however, I felt distant towards them. I don't think they will understand me. In fact, they hate me for being a burden.


It feels like most religions are scams and never tried approaching them.


I tried finding a job but all I got are rejections and ghosting. I couldn't care anymore about remembering their excuses.


And such, I felt tired. Tired of living. I did it. I committed suicide. I just don't feel like living anymore. I didn't bother leaving notes, nor recall past events that "might awaken my will to live" or whatever it is.


... Then I got isekai'd... Or reincarnated for a more general term.


My second life features the demon world. What does the demon world looks like?Is it a endless burning hell to punish sinners? Or an actually cool barbecue place lead by Hollywood Satan? Or a mere nothingness because such thing cannot exist? The answer is none of the above.


The demon world is an almost perfect replica of the modern world. The buildings, the lifestyle, the governments... it's all the same. It's as if the demons got jealous of our world and imitated us. So, what differentiates the demon world from Earth? Of course, the demons' population, the reddish yet empty skies, and the evil land.


Yes. Evil. Not what color, or what texture. It screams evil, and that is the source of our energy. We do have food, but our primary source of energy is the sinful soil we demons lived on. Of course, regarding demons, as there are many type of sins, there are also many types of demons.


All right. That's enough lore of the demon world. What matters is that my second life begins here... As a demon.


I no longer recall most of my first life and so, it no longer matters to me.


I was named Helix Arrthorn. My mother is the only one who took care of me. I don't know who's my father, but she said my father died long ago.


Just like my first life, I have to enter school again. I hate schools. There's bullying. There's apathetic and incompetent teachers. And it's the same lessons again. And worse of all, it's the demon world. Everything's worse. There was established law and order to keep everything in line, but these laws are more flexible than ever. Everytime I meet the eyes of my new classmates, all I see is their disdain, their aggression, or their will to meet useful friends.


I'm tired. This is practically hell. Is committing suicide really evil for god to put me in hell? This demon world also has magic and ridiculous strength so violence is common, and I got injured so many times I no longer bother counting them.


I knew the best winning move in this accursed game of demon school life and it's to not play the game. I left the cutthroat demon school and stayed at home, playing video games.


...


It's another day and I woke up late again, not that I need to be early anyways. I ate instant noodles and checked my phone for daily rewards, until I heard her, making my mood unpleasant.


"Son, I have to discuss with you something important."


My mother's voice reached me. She always discuss to me my future every time, and I'm tired of it, but I have to respond.






Note: This is my yet another attempt writing a novel. Is the intro cringe? I do read that I have to hit my readers something as heavy as the isekai truck.

1