Scarlet Pimpernel
7 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's saturday morning. Outside is covered in grey. Weak yet continuous rain covers the land. As I prepare for my stuff to bring later, someone knocks on my door.

"Marie!!! You awake already? Let's go together!" 

It seems Arnold is already outside. 

I opened the door and let him in to wait.

"Sorry I need to have a shower first. You can sit here for a while. I made some tea, feel free to help yourself." I said as I leave him and enter the bathroom.

"Take your time." Arnold replied.

I took a shower. I thoroughly cleaned every nook and cranny of my body while humming sounds I felt like doing. Once I'm done, I covered my body in towel. Leaving my hair down after using dryer to blow my hair. I leaved the bathroom only to hear a glass breaking. When I look around I saw Arnold with his mouth wild open in surprise. That's when I realized... "Oh I forgot you are here." I replied.

He quickly look down as he picks the broken teacup on the floor. Letting me continue in my room.

Oh god... did I just show my body only covered in nothing but towel? It's so embarassing!!!

I kneel down on my room as if the strength on my legs are lost. Covering my embarassed face with my both hands. And when I finally gotten over what happened, I quickly changed into my uniform. Grabbed the extra clothes and underwear I prepared and stuff them all at the bag before heading down.

There, Arnold finished picking the shards and place them at the trash bin. Then went back sitting at the sofa while averting his gaze. 

Looking at him made me remember what just happened. Making my face red again from embarassment. To change the topic I quickly ask "shall we go now".

"Yes. Lets do that." He replied.

Then we leave the house and go to school while walking together under his umbrella. Well, it's not like I don't have umbrella. Infact, it's a foldable one in my bag. I just think it's better.

After walking for a while, we finally reached the school. On the gate, we met Nola and Jun laughing together.

"Good day everyone." I greet them.

"Good day miss Marie. You are early today." Jun said.

"I applaud you my disciples for coming here early. Keep this up and I will train you personally on the way of the explosions." Nola said with imposing tone. 

"Haha..." I replied.

"Hi there! I picked her up early." Arnold said as if he is proud to himself.

"Now that we are here already, shall we start working now?" Jun asked.

"Much better I think." I replied.

"As expected from my right hand man. You really know your stuff." Nola said while nodding.

"Agreed." Arnold said while nodding his head too.

Can we really finish this till monday morning? I asked myself as we head to the club room. Along the way, Maki saw us so she quickly fly on my way. Hugging me in the back while greeting.

"Good day Marie." Maki greets me with a smile.

"Good day Maki. We are here again." I replied in a low voice.

"For the fair right? I'm here to cheer you." Maki said while raising her right hand and screaming "Fight on!".

"Haha... thanks." I replied while laughing in low voice.

As we reached the clubroom on the 5th floor, Jun entered the room and switch the light open. Revealing the papers scattered around, and parts placed around the room. He quickly turn on the aircon and we head inside as we close the door.

Afterwards, we assign specific jobs to each of us in order to work smoothly. Jun and Nola will focus on tweaking the ABC Lamp while I will compile the documents and count the costs of the materials and listing other stuff needed. Arnold are watching us and will wait for tasks needed like going to other clubs etc. Then we do our work in silent. 

Occasionally, Nola makes funny remarks while Jun tells her to focus. And Maki in my side tells stories while hugging me. At 1pm we all agree to stop working to have a lunch, so Arnold went to the canteen to buy some. I decided to go with him to help carry the food. 

"Hey Marie." Arnold ask.

"What is it?" I replied.

"You look like you are enjoying yourself." Arnold said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yep. I mean look at you. Compared to you usual calm quiet and "Don't touch me" aura, you are actually enjoying the work earlier." Arnold said.

"I see." I replied.

"Also you can try letting you hair as is. Your hair earlier fits you. Why not go to school without tying it once? I'm sure you will look cuter with it." Arnold said.

Eh? Does that mean, he likes my look if I don't tie my hair?

"Do I look cute if I don't tie my hair?" I asked in a low voice.

"Did you say something?" Arnold ask.

"Nope. Nothing. None at all." I replied.

"Ok then." Arnold said.

Calm down Marie. He just complimented you. Stop assuming things quickly.

Then we head together in the canteen. Upon reaching the canteen, we saw Rina working.

"Good day." I greeted her.

"Hello there Rina." Arnold said.

"Good day. Working at school?" Rina asked.

"Yep science club with Marie here." Arnold said.

I simply bow my head when our gaze met.

"I see." Rina replied.

"So whats your order?" Rina asked.

"What do you want Marie?" Arnold asked.

"The same with Nola." I replied.

"Nola and Jun told me they like curry so... 4 curry please. And 4 fruit juice assorted." Arnold said.

"Alright." Rina replied.

"I will sit there for a while Arnold." I said to Arnold.

"Sure. I will wait here." Arnold replied.

As I leave, I noticed Arnold and Rina talk to each other. Although I don't know what they are talking about.

_______________________________________

(Arnold pov)

"You look cute again today Rina." I said.

"Sure. Thanks." Rina replied while putting rice on the plate.

"Want to go out with me?" I asked.

"Is this your 20th time? Well it doesn't matter how many times. I will reject the offer again." Rina replied.

"Ouch. But I will not give up." I said.

"Yeah. You always say that to everyone." Rina replied.

"Hahaha" I laugh.

"Hmmm..." Rina said.

"Say... do you like Marie?" Rina asked.

"Hmm? Nope. Why?" I asked.

"Then..." Rina move her face close to me. As her lips about to touch mine she moved to my right ear and whisper "mind if I make her mine?" She added.

Confused from what just happened, I stepped back a little and asked "what?".

"I said if it's okay to make her mine." Rina said.

"I mean why?" I asked.

"Well, it's not like you two are going out. And you said that you don't like her. So I figure that it should be fine. You don't have problem with that right?" Rina asked.

"Well..." I said while looking down.

"Here you go. Four curry set and four fruit juice done. Enjoy your meal." Rina said while waving at him.

_______________________________________

When I saw Rina hand over the meal, I stand on my seat and go to help Arnold carry the plates.

"Thanks" I said to Rina.

"You're welcome." Rina said as she waves at me with a smile.

"Hey Arnold. What are you doing? Let's go now." I asked to Arnold that looks on the ground.

"Ah sorry. Lets go." He said as he took the other two plates and the drinks placed in the plastic wrap.

Then we bring the food back to the science club room without me knowing what Arnold and Rina talked to each other.

When we enter the club room I noticed that Jun and Nola are acting funny. They panic at our sight. Nola laughing while Jun avoiding my gaze. It seems, Arnold did not notice anything strange so I just let it be. Until I saw Maki in the corner. She is covering her face, rolling around and acting excited. I decided to ask her secretly what happened.

"Maki. What happened here?" I asked in a low voice without looking.

"I saw them... the two of them are kissing and all..." she replied.

"Ok stop there. Don't tell me anymore." I said.

So that explains why the two is in panic and kind of breathless when we came in. Seriously...

"Jun. How is the progress of the ABC Lamp you two doing?" I asked.

"Eh? Ah the lamp. I see... it's doing fine. We made it. But Nola wants to imrpove its change rate." Jun said while averting his gaze.

"I see... for the meantime, lets start eating." I said.

"Yes. Thats a good idea." Jun said as he start to move a table and we placed the food there. 

All of us ate together in one table. Nola says funny stuff occasionally while we continue eating lunch. We finish eating pretty quick since we are planning to finish a lot of stuff today.

Once we are done eating, I stacked all the plates and place the empty juice bottle in the plastic wrap to return it at the canteen. I took it all and when I'm about to exit...

"I'm going now" I said.

"Wait! I will go with you." Arnold said.

"You don't have too. I am just returning this at the canteen. It's not like Rina will eat me there." I replied.

Upon hearing my reply, Arnold made a surprised face. As if he remembers something. He then stand on his seat and take the plates and plastic wrap filled with bottles inside from me. "Let me bring them instead." He said.

"Oh... sure. Thanks." I replied.

"I can't let you two alone." He murmured.

"You said something?" I asked.

"Nah. Just talking to myself. I'll be back." He replied.

"Thanks." I said.

What happened to him. I wonder as I return to my seat to continue doing my work.

Unbeknownst to me, today marks the start of something I did not expect to happen. When the gears of faith finally starts to spin.

5