Black Rose 1
9 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today we are preparing the books to be displayed in our school's book fair. Normally it is held in september. But because everyone is busy in science fair, the management decided to make it october instead. 

I wake up 6am just like the usual. I quickly made my breakfast and lunch, took a shower, and change into school uniform. After finishing my preparation, I quickly head to the school. After all today is an important day. 

"Alright! Let's do this!" I said to myself while standing infront of my house.

Full of vigor, I walk straight to school to prepare for the book fair.

Upon reaching the school, I hurried to the library and there I saw sister Pauline opening the room.

"Good day sister." I greet her.

"Good day miss Marie. You are early today. Excited aren't we?" Sister asked as she unlocks the door.

"Yes! After all, tomorrow is the book fair. Showing the beauty of books to others is a good thing." I replied happily.

"I see. You really love books aren't you?" Sister said while laughing alittle.

"YES!" I replied.

"Then come and help me. We need to choose books first to display and bring it to the audio visual room." Sister said as she opened the door and head in.

"Ofcourse sister." I replied.

We entered the library. I placed my bag beside the table I usually use. Then go to the bookshelves to select various books.

The plan is to promote books with different purposes. So choosing variety of books is a good choice. I grabbed a pen and paper to list the books I think is good.

Starting from books related to math and science. I scan from the first bookshelf onwards to the 3rd one. Checking each titles as I write the name of the books I think is good. Afterwards, I return to 1st bookshelf and grabbed the books I selected. Then place them all at the table beside entrance of the library.

I repeat this process with different books in line. Computer, ethics, social studies, history. There are many type of books we can choose from. And in order to attract first time readers, I also include some picture books, educational comics and even some novels I usually read that I left here.

As time passes by, piles of books are formed outside the room. 

"Phew... I guess this much is enough." I said as I wipe my face with a towel.

Now that I finished selecting the books to bring, time to double check each book for their condition. And to see if the seal is there.

I started checking them one by one for deffects and any issues outside. The ones I finished checking are placed on the opposite side of the hallway. While the ones with issues or defects are placed on a box to be placed later in the storage.

While I'm checking the books, Maki suddenly hugged me from behind. Surprised, I accidentally thrown the book I'm holding.

"Oh no!" I said in reflex after throwing the book.

However the book did not fell in the floor. It remained floating.

"Sorry Marie. Here I nade sure it did not fall." Maki said as she gestured to the book making it float slowly towards me.

"Seriously..." I said as I take the floating book. "Thanks for that." I added.

"For the hug?" Maki asked with a smile.

"For making sure the book won't fall. Geez... stop teasing me." I replied.

"Hahaha. Sorry Marie." She said as she hugged me tighter.

"Anyways... what are you doing today?" Maki asked.

"Preparing books." I replied.

"Oh for the book fair right?" Maki asked.

"Yes. It's an important event afterall." I replied.

"Hahaha. You really love books. Just like her..." Maki said in a low voice as she look on the other way.

"Yullia?" I asked.

"Yes. She also acts like you when its about books. She even handled book fair before alone since that time, sister is in a meeting." Maki said.

"I see..." I replied in a low voice while continuing my work.

"Anyways have you decided yet?" Maki asked as she let go from her hug and fly infront of me.

"Decide what?" I asked as I look at her with a book in hand.

"Your reply to Arnold ofcourse." Maki said with a smile on her face.

Upon hearing her question, I dropped the book I'm holding. Flustered, I felt like my face getting hot.

"Stop asking me that now. I'm busy checking this books." I said while averting my gaze.

"Hahaha. Look at you getting embarassed. We already know you like him so just go out already." Maki said while poking my cheeks

"Seriously... its not that easy." I replied.

Especially now that I feel this towards you. Not that I can say it.

"Anyways! I'm busy. Help me or don't mess with my work. You choose." I said.

"Fine. I will just hug you while telling stories." She said.

"Suit yourself." I replied as I continue checking the books.

This went on till lunch time. I finally managed to check all the books. I also placed the books to be stored at the box over there. Now I only need to move this books to the audio visual room.

As I am planning what to do, sister Pauline called me.

"You're done Marie? Let's have a lunch first. Come join me." Sister said.

"Yes sister. Thanks for the offer." I replied.

So I followed sister. We went to lunch together at the canteen. Maki said she have something to do so she did not follow me.

---------------------------------------------------------

(Maki pov)

It seems Marie came here today. Although she is busy preparing books for the event, I'm still happy she came here today. Seriously Marie really makes me remind of you Yullia.

"Sigh... I miss you so much." I said as I look at the sky while floating on the rooftop.

After reminiscing for a while about Yullia on the rooftop, I decided to fly down. While descending floor by floor I saw a familiar face entering the audiovisual room.

As I saw the familiar face, a lot of memories suddenly entered my head. My memories before I died. My memories with my last moments with Yullia. After all that face...

"It can't be..." I asked my self.

My face starts to get distorted. My vision turned black. My mind are filled with anger.

"No... It can't be..." I murmured.

My hair suddenly stand straight. As if electricity flows in it. The air outside suddenly blew stronger. My clothes fluttered as the wind blows. The flag suddenly starts dancing from the wind. The sky suddenly turn dark as if a storm is approaching. All of this happened as I slowly got consumed in my own anger.

Then I shouted causing all the birds in the roof fly away in panic.

"THAT BASTARD IS HERE!!!"

5