Back on Track
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rein ran into the woods, hoping to find a city soon. He didn't remember the area beyond the woods, so he didn't know where it began, or where it ended. He ran to the side to dodge a tree, and grabbed a thick vine. 

“Time to swing like a monkey," he muttered to himself. He started to swing, and grabbed the next vine. "Just like Tarzan," he said to himself. 

After an hour, he stopped swinging since his arms were growing tired. In between the trees, he saw a road, and almost yelled out in relief. He forced himself to follow the road down its path. 

After a couple of miles, he dropped to his knees, and sighed. "It's too hot out here," he said after taking a deep breath. He took off his black leather jacket, and closed his eyes. 

He felt himself go into a dream, and one of the kids from the Hypnos cabin was looking back at him. The kid looked like he was eleven, and was excited when he saw Rein. "I did it! They told me it wouldn't work, but it did!" The kid said with an ecstatic smile. 

"Let me guess, Chiron asked you to try to find me," Rein said after a minute. The kid nodded, and he sighed. "Because he want's to know why Pluto and Clyrith are back." The kid nodded again. "And they sent you."

"Not necessarily," The kid responded. "My name is Jordan." Then, the kid disappeared, and Rein saw the head counselor meeting in the Big House. Chiron was talking with the head counselors about him. "Rein Thomas must be found. The satyrs are already looking for him, and the Hypnos cabin is waiting for him to fall asleep," Chiron was saying. 

The head counselor for the Ares cabin stood up and said, "Why should we be wasting our resources looking for him? Why not prepare for the attack that's coming our way?" 

The head counselor of the Athena cabin stood up beside the woman and said, "It's the smartest thing to do, Chiron." Wow! It was rare for the children of Ares and Athena to get along. When they do, it's not a good thing either. 

"We need him here!" Chiron insisted. "Why?" Aliza Drowy, the daughter of Hephaestus, and the Head Counselor for the Hephaestus cabin said. "So you can babysit him? He's not a child Chiron. He's seventeen." 

Then, the replay of the events disappeared, and he was looking at the kid, at Jordan, again. Jordan looked at him and said, "It stopped because I fell asleep at that point." 

"Of course you did," he said after a moment. "But what attack are they talking about?"

"Chaos blah blah blah," Jordan said with an impatient wave of her hand. She looked at him, and said, "I'm waking up, so I'll talk to you later."

"No wait!" He tried to say, but then he opened his eyes, and Jordan was gone. A man was looking at him, and he froze. This man wasn't a demigod as far as he knew. And he didn't look like a satyr. The man gave him a black bag, and said, "It has things you need, and the immortality juice." 

Rein nodded, and said, "From Zeus?" The man nodded, and disappeared. "What happened to waiting for the quest to be over?" He asked himself. But he already knew the answer. It would be harder to kill and hurt him if he was immortal. So he opened the bottle, and drank the whole thing in one gulp. He made a face at the taste of it, and shuddered. Disgusting. But absolutely worth it. He walked down the street, and started to run. He ran like he had never ran before. 

He knew how, and why, he had all of this energy. Because of the immortality. He smiled, and breathed in the fresh air behind him. 

He stopped at a gas station, and walked in. As he walked further into the store, he saw a couple of newspapers with his face and name. 

He took one out, and read it. 'Seventeen Year Old Rein Thomas MISSING' He sighed, and was about to throw it when he saw a picture of him from years ago. He stopped, and opened the paper to read the article. 

'Rein Thomas has been missing for the past six years. He was sighted yesterday on the street, laying down, and tired. Many are questioning what happened to him. Did he escape from a kidnapper? Did he run away, and find his way back? No one knows, except the kid.' 

He laughed, and said, "Not gonna lie, it's kinda dumb." He laughed as he put it back in the bin, and got some food and drinks. What was in the bag would cut it, but he didn't know how long he was going to be questing. 

After paying, Rein walked out of the gas station, and looked around. "Where could I find the answers?" He mumbled to himself.

1