1.2 Me, Myra, her dungeon boss!
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, stop moving around. You remember what I said?"

"..."

"I said if you trip in your mana body and die, it will be a huge loss for me."

"Oh that, right, but common. I just woke up and finally have a body again. You can't blame me for wanting to walk around."

"..."

No Answer? Oh right it's a dungeon. Dungeon don't always have a body, i think? What was it called again when dungeons have a body?

"Hey, sorry about the walking thing, or can you~?"

"Walk? Do you mean with a avatar body? Sorry to disappoint, but for that my dungeon would have to be around ten times bigger than currently."

That kind of killed the conversation. But I heed to it's words and carefully sit down and look down at myself. I do resemble myself in the caracter creation, with the long arms and very pointy fingers, the only difference being translucent and barely glowing aswell as having a tint of blue. I look like some spirit or ghost.

"I'm really gonna look like something out of a horror movie, huh."

"What's a horror movie?"

"It's a movie, made to scare you."

"Aaand what's a movie?"

"It's just something you watch to be entertained."

"Why would someone watch something to be scared?"

"... look dungeon, it doesn't matter, people just did. And what is you name? I can't keep calling you dungeon forever, that just sounds weird."

"My name?"

"Yes, your name."

"My dungeon has not been named yet."

"I could have guessed that, but I mean a name to speak to you directly."

"I don't follow."

"Ugh, A name which you associate with personally and not with your dungeon."

"Ohh, do you mean like with my core separately to my dungeon."

"Yes?"

"That would be kind of stupid. Think of it like giving your brain and your body different names. You wouldn't is my best guess, because why should you?"

"You've got a point there, but still, give me a name with which I can call you directly. For example, you can call me Myra."

"Ok Myra, then call me Danna going forward."

"Alright Danna, so where am I?"

"You are currently in the core room, the heart or brain of the dungeon. You see the glowing orb/cristall to the right on that little pedestal? That's the dungeon core. The thing you and the other monsters in here try to protect with your life. Like I said before if I die you're basically dead as well. This room is also the place were we make a last stand if it comes down to it."

"You mean after everyone has already been defeated?"

"Well more of a desperate last stand. The path to the left leads to a small Treasure room."

"Why do you have a treasure room? I thought you were still small."

"Well, it's only good manners to reward adventurers after a hard fought battle, if only a little. Afterall you want them to leave happy and not get angry in here."

"So you say, well done, here's your reward, now get out?"

"Exactly and to reinforce that behaviour there's a portal in the treasure room, which teleports you right to the exit! No questions? Alright then we will continue once you fully formed your body."

And with that, silence continued. I decided to once again count to better gauge the time. After around fifteen minutes I could start to feel my body. Looking down it became slowly less translucent and more real. This continued on until after around one hour my body looked very normal, except it looking very inhumane, but that's just something to get used to. With that I started to stand up and walk towards the left.

The unnaturaly carved out room continued up to a corridor in the wall. The corridor is a head taller than me. I still couldn't tell how big I was, but considering my height before was dead on average and my transformation most likely made me a bit taller, people can make it through here no problem. It didn't take long until I was standing what was presumably the treasure room.

In the middle of the room was a small wooden chest. Opening the chest I was greeted with a iron spear, which looked like it was just about to fall apart, aswell as some clothing which is already tattered. Looking down I notice I'm still naked. "Better than nothing." With that I grabbed the tattered chest piece and leggins and put it on. It looked like something a peasant in the past would wear. But it feels nice, definetly not hand made nor worn.

"Are you seriously looting your own treasure chest?"

"Oh you mean this is the reward for defeating me?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Oh sorry, but I suppose you will have to make more later anyway, because I need something to wear."

"Fine, I take the blame, I just didn't have to supply any other monster with clothing yet."

"If you're on that topic, what kind of monsters do you have anyways?"

"I have some undead skeletons at the beginning, levels four to six, and then a pack of hounds, levels five to seven, and lastly you Myra, level 20, as a boss."

"Isn't the jump in level from the hounds to me a little too big?"

"It is but you have to remember the hounds hunt in a pack and you're solo on top of being a boss."

I can't really fight that logic, atleast not with the meager knowledge I have right now. Moving on to the exit of the small treasure room the next corridor opens up to a a little larger dome shaped cave. This must be my boss room then. The room is littered with medium sized rocks and boulders I can comfortably hide behind. The only sound being water droplets echoing in a steady rythm. The room otherwise doesn't look very spectacular and ends on the other side again with another corridor which is a little brighter.

The next room actually has a little vegitation in it. Some grass on the ground with what seems to be glowing moss growing on the walls. Vines growing all over make traversing a little difficult but still managable. I become a little used to it and after a while stumble upon the first monster.

In front of me is what's presumably a hound. It seems to be just a big and fierce looking dog or maybe wolf. Sharp teeth and claws and staying at attention watching the surroundings, yet it doesn't seem to be alerted at all by my approach. I can also somehow tell it's another dungeon monster just by looking at it. If I had to guess it's another dungeon ability to prevent all monsters killing eachother.

Nearby I could also spot the rest of the pack looking similar to the first one and staying less on guard. The only differences I could spot were slight deviances in height or muscles. I didn't want to outright pet them to aggravate them yet and they weren't that interesting so I went to the next opening to enter the next room.

This one was a little different again. With no vegetation and a lot more walls and splitting paths. I moved along the left wall and started exploring a bit. It didn't take long to find the first two manned skeleton patrol. And I have to say, those bones look a lot scarier in person than in games. But they also moved weirdly and made typical skeleton noises all the time. Not exactly the sneaky type then. They also had some very very crude looking swords in hand and again showed no aggression towards me.

I inspected the living pile of bones a little more but ultimately decided to explore the rest of the little labyrinth. And little it was. It took me barely ten minutes and some more skeletons to find what is very likely the exit to the dungeon. Nothing more, nothing less, this really isn't a big dungeon.

"A very classic looking dungeon you have here Danna." I said starting a conversation. I wanted to get a little more backstory of the dungeon and the situation at hand. She did say she needed help the moment she reached out to me.

"It is rather classic isn't it? I haven't had the resources to make something utterly different, so I went with the more basic options."

"Mhm and now you've asked for my help in defending you, so what is the current situation?"

"The situation is some time ago I opened my doors, as that's the next logical step for a dungeon to do. But yesterday two adventurers spotted me and have started to explore me. The problem is they've been gaining more and more ground and once the are done, I can't be sure they won't destroy my core."

"Alright and now? Are they outside the dungeon?"

"Yes, I believe it's currently night and they are sleeping outside.

At this point I reached the entrance stone door and peeked around the corner. And indeed there is a small leather tent set up with the individuals probably asleep. I watched a little longer before heading back inside. If I have to face them in the near future, I need to know what I'm capable of. So while reaching the second room again I try my [Create trap] for the first time and think of something simple. A tripping stone. Not one of my best ideas but it will do. I could start to feel something rushing through my body and held out my hand. The feeling stopped inside my pointy hands and condensed until I was staring at myself holding a fist sized rock in my hand.

"That's it? Honestly I expected a little more, but I guess I just made a rock"

"Still congratulations Myra on casting your first spell!"

I laid the rock on the ground and continued on towards my very own boss room passing the pack of hounds in the process.

"So that was a spell and it did say it needed mana. Where can I check how much mana it cost?"

"You just have to think about your statusboard and it should give you the information you seek."

"My statusboard? Ok I will just try."

Thinking about it did nothing until suddenly I got the information I wanted to see.

Name: Myra
Race: N/A
Gender: Female
Level: 20

HP: 300/300
MP: 90/100
STR: 30

Titles:
Otherworldler

Actives:
Create trap

Passives:
Natural limit breaker
Stick proficiency

To create the rock it apparently took 10 MP which is quite cheap, but other traps will most likely cost more than ten. Also why is my race N/A? Does whatever makes this possible not recognise me as anything? Weird. The title is kind of expected as this is clearly not earth anymore.

Inside my room I decide to sit down in the center and think of some more traps I could use. So starting out let's try creating a tripwire and connect it to two rocks. Holding my hands together infront of me creates two rocks this time which are connected by a thin wire. Deciding to test them out I placed one rock on the ground and the other as far away as possible which was around one meter. The rocks held the wire surprisingly tense. Standing up I began to prod against it with my foot to see it not giving in, the wire keeping tense, the rocks not moving.

Apparently there is some sort of magic at play which holds the rocks anchored to the ground. Testing the rocks didn't move them at all. I checked my status only to see my MP dropping by another 28. Summoning the wire by itself showed it cost roughly 4 MP per meter.

After some thinking I decided to spend the rest of my mana making another two sets of tripwire and rocks with slight designchanges, emptying my MP tank.

[Reached level 21]

Already a level up after maybe a hour or two? I guess learning how to use my [Create trap] really did that much. To see the changes I looked once again over my status.

Name: Myra
Race: N/A
Gender: Female
Level: 21

HP: 300/310
MP: 2/105
STR: 31

Titles:
Otherworldler

Actives:
Create trap

Passives:
Natural limit breaker
Stick proficiency

So my HP increased by 10, my MP by 5 and STR by one in one level up. Also HP and MP only increased it's maximum capacity and not the current values which is interesting. It means sudden level ups won't give you an instant boost in a fight.

Now with my MP this low, I lay down feeling slightly weak. I quickly realised that my new tail got in the way and had to lay on my side and curl up instead. I began to think, about all that has happened. I became a dungeon boss after all. Made a new friend. Got levels and abilities. And soon I might meet adventurers for the first time. If that isn't a lot in a day then I don't know what is. And now I'm laying in a cave between rocks and wires on the cold floor. I will need to make some kind of bed tomorrow.

"Goodnight Danna."

"Goodnight? I don't think you have to sleep at all."

"But I want to so goodnight."

"Alright, goodnight Myra."

I quickly drift off to sleep before Danna can say something against sleep again.

2