Chapter 31: Dilema
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mist finally heaved a sigh of relief as she stared at the fallen figure. Her sword sliced forward, forcing the other figure to step back, giving Amarok a slight chance to escape a certain death.

Amarok was breathing heavily as he stared at the beautiful figure before him. She had a serious look, her long hair cascading down her back. She looked impressive and very charming. He felt the urge to thank her, but he knew it wasn't the right moment.

The figure suddenly halted as he stared at his fallen friend with slight astonishment. He never expected him to be wounded, especially in such a lowly place. The other party surely had some skill, but it was all futile.

He then turned to Amarok and Mist. "I don't like to kill women, leave now," he said calmly.

Mist was taken aback by his sword. Before her face turned sour, "Women, you say?" she said, dashing forward. The ethereal world rune sparkled. Her sword burned with energy; it looked like an unreal reflection.

She struck. The figure waved, a rune shining. Her sword was instantly consumed by dark energy. Mist was taken aback; her hand shook as she suddenly felt a piercing pain coursing through her body.

Amarok's sword came slicing, forcing the figures to avoid into the root plain once more. "You are really annoying."

"We haven't yet started," Amarok clung tightly to his sword. His wounds oozed blood with every movement, but he stood upright.

"Damn it. It didn't work," the burly figure called Swain spoke. His body rose back after a few seconds. His robe was covered in blood; he massaged his neck as he stared at the shocked people.

"You died..." Amarok stumbled for words, his focus broken. Mist's face paled in fright; her hands trembled as she gripped her sword.

They were being completely overpowered. "Leave. I don't kill women," the other figure called Naseric said. His voice was firm but somewhat gentle.

"Leave?" Mist was struck by lightning. What was she doing here? Why was she risking her life for them? She had known them for barely a few weeks; they could be considered acquaintances at best. Her master had always taught her to prioritize her safety, no matter how dangerous it was. If she left now, she would be safe, but what would happen to Amarok and Neo, she didn't dare to think of. On the other hand, if she stayed with their current strength, death was the only thing that awaited them. It was but a logical choice to leave. She was torn between the idea of leaving and staying to a certain death with them.

Suddenly, a mocking smile appeared on her face. "Why am I hesitating?" she asked. He would be very disappointed if he saw this. Her face turned bitter.

"You don't owe us anything; we are the ones indebted to your master. I will understand if you want to leave," Amarok suddenly said, sensing her dilemma.

She blinked, staring at him. Her gaze darted towards the ground. The root plain was still covered in chains.

"Shut up!" she screamed out loud, dashing towards Naseric. He was a little surprised but then shook his head in pity. A rune flashed in the void. "Dread Bite," he murmured. The rune spun in the void. A shadow enveloped him before the sword came slicing.

The smoke shifted, but Naseric was nowhere to be found. "Above!" Amarok's heart skipped a beat as he dashed forward, trying to use the first-order mode, but to his greatest dismay, he was unable.

Naseric waved while in midair. The shadow emerged like an avalanche. A huge mouth-like shadow shot from the rune.

The void trembled, and the winds whistled, shooting with unstoppable force, destroying everything in its way.

Amarok ran with all his might, but suddenly the Desolate Web clinged, and his body was nailed down to the ground, heavy dark chains locking him in place. He looked at Swain with hatred.

The Dread Bite was slowly eating its way towards her. Mist's sword burned with energy. The ethereal world was activated to its fullest. She didn't seem to want to evade.

"That's foolishness. Don't stay in its way," Amarok cried as he forced his way up, but his body was pushed back to the ground. Blood spilled out, and his body screamed in pain. He could only look powerless.

Neo was in no better shape, unable to rise to his feet. His mind was racing. He could still save her if he used it. But doing so would bring disaster to him and Amarok. Yet, at the same time, it was because her master, Calder, wanted to help them that she found herself fleeing with them and now in this situation.

Helping her and setting themselves up for disaster or doing nothing and witnessing their benefactor's student die. His heart was uncertain; he had already sacrificed so much.

Mist stared at the violently approaching force. Her little figure looked insignificant before the giant Dread Bite. Her hair whistled backward. She stepped forward, preventing the winds from blowing her away.

The ethereal world rune was shimmering. Her sword had rune diagrams along the blade. The huge shadow Dread Bite opened its mouth.

"Separate." She thrust her sword. The two forces collided. Dread Bite was severed into two, a blinding light shooting like a star through its body, going straight for Naseric.

With a violent explosion, she was blown away, heavily crashing onto the root plain. Naseric landed on the ground with a strange look. His cape's left sleeve was completely destroyed, revealing a white hand. It was so white that it looked unreal, its appearance attracting the attention of everyone. "Let's leave," the leader suddenly said. He stepped forward, his body vanished into the void, with his comrade. Naseric's disappearing figure glanced at the unconscious Mist with a strange look.

"Mist!" Amarok quickly rushed to her side, ignoring his own wounds. Neo and Wisdom did the same.

"We need to bring her back to my grandfather fast," a frail voice echoed. Gian was trying to get up with gritted teeth. He didn't know then, but it was clear without their help he would be gone forever.

0