Chapter 36: plan
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait for me here," she said before rushing in. Amarok was dumbfounded as he stared at the departing figure; he knew there was no way he could enter the academy just like that.

"Let's find a place to rest first," Neo led the way. "The soothing garden is very peaceful, and very few people usually stay there," Joan explained, walking backward as he spoke.

Amarok was a little skeptical but quickly understood why.

The soothing garden was a residence located at the outskirts of Alden. They had to go out of town through the huge bridge to find it. It was a series of buildings with a garden. The grass had grown very tall, and the walls were covered in dust but still sturdy.

It was located near the bridge, so the water flowing crashed into the rocks, creating a rhythmic sound throughout.

"Is this what you meant when you said the best you could find?" Amarok was speechless. "Well, it's not that easy to find with what you have," Joan smiled awkwardly, wondering how thick-skinned Amarok was. He was so broke yet dared to complain. If Joan didn't respect Mist, he would have not minded teaching him a good lesson.

"Thank you, Joan, for you," Neo tossed a shining crystal-like ruby. A huge smile bloomed on his face. "Feel free to ask me anything you need. I will be at the Academy," he said before leaving, humming in joy. Another deal done, he used his finger to toss the ruby in the air before catching it back.

Neo and Amarok immediately went to work cleaning. By the time they were done, the night had fallen.

Amarok stared at the little Wisdom lying by the side.

He had always assumed that it was willing to follow him since it was his mother's last wish. Was he wrong? Should he let Wisdom go? After all, his mother gave it to Amarok not for him to follow him everywhere. He really loved the little moon cheetah, but at the same time, he wasn't the kind of person to force others into doing what they didn't want. He was torn between the idea of letting Wisdom go and letting him stay.

The little Wisdom's eyes flickered open as he came near Amarok. Their eyes met in the brief instant he felt like the world had stopped. "We will decide once you're big enough," he said with a resolute face. Wisdom coiled and sat near him.

Amarok stood under the moonlight, holding his sword. He exhaled; the trip to Freud had opened his eyes. His objective was even wilder than that of Gian—to leave the forest. He knew the path would be harsh, and Neo was right. He didn't like to admit it, but he had to. He couldn't always flee. He had to get stronger. His grip on his sword tightened.

"Master, I'm sorry for what I said. I am ignorant and willing to learn," he bowed to Neo, who arrived.

Neo's face softened as he exhaled. He came closer, messing with Amarok's head. "I shouldn't have shouted at you either. I will do all I can to make sure we reach our goal," Neo said seriously.

Amarok nodded and began practicing under Neo's guidance.

....

"Mist, you're finally back," Calder heaved a sigh of relief, looking at the lady before him. "I was so scared," she said with a low voice.

"I should be the one worried for you, not the other way around," he said in a low voice. They were currently in the main building of Alden Academy, the Grand Archia. This was the most guarded and secure place of all Alden. It was huge. The city Lord and the academy headmaster all lived here.

They were currently standing on a balcony, surveying the whole academy. Only the Arcana elders were allowed in this building, but after a few words from Calder, Mist managed to enter.

From here, the city looked even more magnificent and vibrant. The emerald-blue crystal on the Grand Archia shone brightly at night, creating a kaleidoscope of blue that looked ahead above the building. That was where the name Grand Archia came from.

"Why are you here? You haven't done anything wrong. The city Lord is abusing his power," Mist said, frustrated.

"Silly girl. If someone listens to you, we will be in deep trouble," Calder said, waving his hand; a rune was activated in the room, sealing it.

"The relationship between the city Lord and the academy headmaster is a little complicated. You shouldn't blame the headmaster for that. He only thinks for the academy. It's nothing big either; I just have no right to leave the academy for a year. I'm not sentenced to death," he said with a light laugh.

"That is too much. Isn't the headmaster as strong as the city Lord? Why must he do that?" Mist was fuming.

"Why are you so angry? I don't think it's only because of this," Calder suddenly asked. "I might never reach his level, master; I am incompetent," Mist said, hiding her face in her hands.

Calder sighed; she had given herself such a huge goal. "Don't be too harsh on yourself. Take it one step after another. You're still young."

"Don't worry for me. The city Lord wouldn't antagonize the whole academy for such a trivial matter. The headmaster isn't stupid either; he knows bowing to the city Lord like this will tarnish the academy's reputation. Tomorrow, bring Amarok, and you will understand everything," Calder said with an anticipating smile.

Mist was slightly confused but still nodded and left after being forced by Calder to leave. "General... What a lofty goal. I wish I was still young and dared to have such dreams," he sighed as he stared at the stars. Calder had a strange feeling. He knew something big was coming but was still unsure of what it was. Would it bring peace to Alden or utter destruction?

0