Chapter 39: Frustration
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The people on the surface were ablaze with excitement. The Aetherial Midrel was slightly shocked, witnessing Amarok's performance. From what she saw, he wasn't particularly strong, but his reactions were amazing. The way he utilized everything to his advantage was impressive—dragging the monster to the valley, using the walls to avoid the first strike, and driving the luminous Silk with his sword. She was slightly curious about what would happen next, but at the same time, she knew that with his current abilities, he wouldn't last long.

The crowd was excited about the six figures; all of them displayed amazing abilities and reaction speed. Kleid stared with a strange expression, not understanding how Amarok had survived. How was that even possible when he had no rune weapon?

Amarok stayed in his hiding spot for an hour, then stood up, now holding his sword with his weakest hand, almost like having no weapon at all. He would be lying if he said he wasn't afraid of stepping outside, but at the same time, he knew he could not stay there forever.

He inhaled, casting all his worries aside. He needed to find a way to capture the luminous Silk. The real question now was how. They were way faster than him at his peak, not to mention those beasts after them posed immense threats. "What will Master Neo do?" he asked himself, holding his head. Neo had taught him how to wield a sword, not how to fish. He was feeling more and more frustrated.

He went out; it was calm, with only the sound of water crashing here and there. Amarok moved through the valley. As he climbed the huge rocks, he could see a series of luminous Silk floating over the horizon, carefree and roaming freely. Despite that, he didn't rush to catch them.

Just like when using a sword, one had to be precise and calculated, waiting for the right moment to strike. He could hear Neo's words echoed in his mind.

Amarok saw a figure appearing in the distance. He blinked; he couldn't mistake her—it was Lyra. "What is she doing?" His eyes widened when he saw her go straight for the monster near the luminous Silk.

Now, Amarok could get a clear look. The monster was huge, its scales marine blue with a hole at its top. They resembled an impregnable armor that would deter most enemies. Its eyes were sharp but very small. Amarok wondered how it could see with such eyes.

He wanted to get closer but halted his steps. Approaching the beast in his current state would only serve as a meal. "I'm not afraid, I just need more preparation," he quickly said with an embarrassed smile. What a lame excuse, he thought, then stood behind the huge boulders and observed.

Lyra stood a few meters away from the CoralDoll. Wearing a light combat robe, she raised her bow, a long blue ribbon tying her hair backward.

The CoralDoll bolted towards her, its huge mouth springing open, ready to devour her. Lyra sprang into action. The Thunderquiver rune in her bow bloomed, shimmering with wild energy.

She released a series of arrows; whooshing could be heard as the arrows zipped through the void, cracking with white light around them. They unleashed their might.

The CoralDoll was undeterred; a violent explosion blasted the area, sending waves that caused water to splash everywhere. The smaller CoralDolls fled in every direction, leaving trails in their wake. Suddenly, a vicious substance soared through the cloud of smoke. Lyra arched her body, bolting into the void. The substance landed, disintegrating everything in its way. While in midair, arrows bolted like cannonballs, all aiming for the CoralDoll's head.

It roared, casting bubbles to protect its face. The bubbles and the arrows collided, the two opposing forces blasting everything. The CoralDoll spun its body, its huge tail sweeping towards Lyra.

Monstrous winds shot through the void, carrying with them broken boulders, thus turning them into deadly projectiles.

Lyra's face was serious as she danced with the boulders, stepping and spinning. Her bow never ceased to work, unleashing an avalanche of arrows. The Thunderquiver rune showed its might. Her white hair danced in the void, her bow faintly covered in a thunder glow as the arrows and the boulders collided.

The scene was mind-blowing. Amarok stared in amazement. Her long white hair contrasted with the tinge of blue and vast kaleidoscope of marine colors, giving her a unique charm.

Suddenly, Lyra was forced back by an impact; her body was sent flying from the violent collision. "You want a weapon!" she screamed forward, disregarding her bleeding forehead as she charged forward.

"You only think about yourself. I hate you. I hate all of you," she shouted. Her body bloomed with wild energy, her eyes turning white. Thunder shook the entire coral labyrinth. Each time the thunder struck, the debris around her disintegrated to dust.

She pulled the string of her bow. The arrow pulsated with thunder; it now looked like a divine thunder sword.

Whoosh, the arrow crushed the distance in mere seconds. The CoralDoll seemed to have sensed danger and tried to retreat, but the arrow was faster.

A light flashed, then a deafening sound shook the entire area, sending waves crashing with the CoralDoll at its center. Water was blasted in Amarok's direction. He plunged his sword into the ground and braced himself for impact. When the water touched him, he didn't feel like water but like hard stone. He fought against the immense pressure; the water was like an unstoppable force destroying everything in its way.

Lyra stumbled to her knees, her breathing erratic. The CoralDoll was severely wounded and fled in the opposite direction. Casting her gaze at the fleeing figure, she gritted her teeth, striking the bedrock with her little fist. "It's still not enough," she cried in frustration, her voice almost teary.

0