Chapter 43: Forced
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, we are going to make it simple. You will all follow me into the relic, and everything will be fine," Jorah said with a forced smile.

"If you want to explore the relic, go on, but forget about us," Amarok said with a frown. What was he trying to do?

Jorah suddenly began laughing. "I think you haven't understood well." He stepped forward, his aura bloomed with wild energy.

"Don't think you are the only one at the second rank," Silvia refused to back down. Her aura exploded too.

"There is no need to fight. Jorah, just go in if you care so much," Amarok stood his ground too.

Kinty drew his sword, Lyra pulled her bow. She wasn't completely healed but could still aim. If Jorah wanted to force them to stay, they wouldn't stand without speaking.

"Wait, you really think you can leave? I don't want," Jorah slammed his palm forward, a fire-red rune spun. The threads at his waist hummed to life. They embraced themselves, burning with vivid energy. The fire was so bright that the water evaporated around him. The rune Ardent Bite blossomed.

Then it whistled towards Amarok and the others. A whooshing sound echoed. Silvia elegantly began drawing. A blue rune was painted in the void. She waved her hand upward. "Rise," she said. The void trembled as the water sprang to life, rising like a raging tsunami. It ravaged everything in its way. The threads were like undulating snakes, their trajectory unpredictable. They shifted, switching to go on the side, avoiding the rune wall of protectors.

Silvia bolted forward, her agility unmatched. She stepped and flipped back; the Ardent Bite crashed into the ground, creating a mini crater upon impact.

She landed, waved her palm, and slammed onto the ground. A huge blue rune circle grew underneath her foot. Water tentacles lashed out, colliding with the Ardent Bite. The void trembled after every impact. A huge cloud of smoke was created.

Jorah sprang forward. The Ardent Bite, which had plunged into the ground, dragged his body forward, sending him into mid-air.

He waved his both hands as his palm struck forward. A red rune bloomed, a hammer-like flame descended from the void. The rune Forgeron Wrath Strike.

Silvia's heart fluttered. She waved, drawing another rune. The Water Dome Rune bloomed and recovered her body. The fire hammer came crashing. The entire hall trembled; the walls cracked upon impact. She was forced to one knee, blood flowing from her mouth. The Water Dome protecting her was annihilated.

"Do you understand now?" Jorah asked indifferently. "Even among Rune Sorcerer Disciples, there is a difference," he continued.

"You're strong," Kinty body blitzed into the void. His sword slashed out, carrying immense power.

Jorah sneered. He drew another rune, the Ardent Shield. The threads on his waist were burning even more brightly. They began spinning, forming a spinning fire wall before him.

Kinty's sword struck with force. Sparkles bloomed. Kinty body blitzed, and he was striking behind Jorah. But at the same time, the spinning thread moved on their own, blocking without Jorah turning.

The area was flooded with defeating sounds; light flashed each time they collided. But from the look of it, it was clear Jorah was stronger. He waved; his spinning thread swept.

Kinty's eyes widened as his body was wiped like a ball. His body hammered the walls, causing the structure to tremble even more.

It was now threatening to collapse. "If you know what's good for you, don't resist," he said nonchalantly. His threads returned to normal, coiling around Amarok's waist. He didn't resist; it was futile. Jorah was out of his league. Then it coiled around Lyra's arm, the unconscious Kinty upside down, and Silvia by the neck. She tried to resist, but the grip only tightened.

Jorah strolled with a smile as he entered the relic. "Treasure, here I go," he said. The area crumbled, sealing their exit. Their hearts sank. Now there was no turning back.

...

Inside the relic, their vision instantly shifted once more. They found themselves in a large room. Jorah turned in a hurry, and the door slammed shut before melting into the walls.

The walls were full of strange symbols. At the center, a small altar with a circle at its center.

"What should we do?" he turned to Silvia. She turned her head away. Suddenly, her body was slammed onto the walls. Blood spat out. "Don't spoil my mood. What should be done?" he asked once more.

Silvia's eyes were red as she fought to catch her breath. The threat was squeezing harder and harder, her eyes almost turning white. "Stop that, you bastard. I will find what to do," Amarok screamed. Veins could be seen popping out of his head. Jorah gave him a glance before he waved, and the thread shoved him to the ground with Silvia. "Be fast," he glared.

Amarok helped Silvia up. She coughed violently, forcing her way up. With no other choice, they began searching the room.

"It's a riddle. A Lurkthralids riddle.

"In shadows deep where secrets lay,  

A silent altar waits your way.  

To pierce the veil, your fate unfold,  

Plunge your hand, let runes be told.

Amidst the stillness, a gentle thirst,  

The altar hungers, your magic immersed.  

Within its grasp, the truth unfolds,  

Sacrifice runes, let destiny be scrolled.

Speak not a word, let silence guide,  

A realm revealed where forces bide.  

For in your touch, the altar's plea,  

Unveils the path, your destiny," Silvia read out loud.

"What does that mean? Do we need to plunge our hand somewhere?" Jorah asked with a frown.

"I'm not sure," Silvia said with a hesitant voice. "Then let's test it. We need a candidate," Jorah said. Their hearts sank. He stared at each of them. Their heartbeats accelerated. No one knew what the altar had reserved for them. This was a real relic, and the dangers were palpable.

"You," Jorah said, pointing at Lyra. Her heart skipped a beat. The thread brought her close to the altar.

Silvia's heart eased, heaving a silent breath. Casting her gaze at Lyra, she felt a wave of guilt coursing through her body. How could she be relieved that someone else would die? What was wrong with her?

"Are you even a man? You let others do your dirty job," Lyra cried out in fear. She was unsure of what would happen if she plunged her hand inside that altar. It could be a trap, a curse, or anything. She could even die on the spot. Her body was trembling as she fought, but the threads were too strong.

Silvia's face was teary. She wanted to say something, but the words were stuck in her throat. She felt guilty, holding her head down at Lyra's cries for help.

Kinty was still unconscious.

"Jorah, coward, let her go," Amarok couldn't take it anymore. "A table with a broken leg is useless. She will slow us down," Jorah said without emotion. Of all Lyra was the one who had lost almost all her combat abilities. 

0