Chapter 45: Truth
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kinty's body blitzed, and the void cracked. He slashed out, and Jorah flipped backward, evading the sword. The sound of the void being torn echoed. As he landed, his foot struck like lightning. Kinty tilted his head, avoiding the blow. His body spun for a turning kick, and Jorah crossed his arms. A harsh sound filled the air as winds swept through, forcing Jorah back into Amarok's direction.

His body rolled down with unstoppable force, and he hammered his palm into the ground. The ground curved upon impact, propelling his body upward just in time to avoid another deadly golden light. While in mid-air, he arched his palm back and slammed it downward. The Forgeron hammer rune burst out, and bright red flames in the form of a hammer struck down. Kinty raised both swords, and the bridge curved upon impact, causing the ground to fissure at lightning speed.

Kinty bolted backward as the hammer struck the earth, making the entire relic tremble. Winds crashed in his direction, blowing away his hair. Without a moment's hesitation, Kinty reappeared before Jorah's left side. "Golden Cry" was the name of his rune weapon, and the sword, carrying a blitzing golden light, struck. Jorah's face turned ugly as he waved both hands, and all the threads on his waist blazed with even more wild energy, forming fire walls to protect from the strike.

The two forces clashed, lightning bloomed, and an ear-piercing sound rang. The bridge curved even more, and the violent winds sliced through their bodies. Both were forced back, and Jorah stared at Kinty with shock. Initially, Kinty's strikes could barely harm him, but after a few exchanges, it seemed to be gaining in power.

"I can't fail now. Not at this moment. It's just there," Jorah refused to believe he could lose. The Ardent Bite burst out, striking in Kinty's direction. Kinty and the Ardent began dancing, each only seeing the Ardent Bite colliding with golden light. Sparkles filled the air, creating a spectacular firework.

"I can't lose like him. I can't," Jorah cried out loud, his hands drawing lightning. Soon, a gigantic fire red rune grew before him, and a roaring Pyrocoil Rune burst out. A huge fire cobra emerged, burning everything in its way. Kinty stepped forward and swung his sword. A breaking sound could be heard, and a dazzling golden arc swept forward as the two forces collided. The fire cobra was severed into two, and Jorah bent down, the arc slicing a great part of his hair.

The relic shook once more, and a huge and deep line had appeared on the wall. Kinty's arm dangled on the side with blood dripping out. "Yours is still too young," Jorah mocked as he redrew the same rune. His body caught fire, and his dress burned under the fire, but he didn't care. The fire cobra bit forward for a second time.

Kinty stared at the massive force approaching. The heat was so much that the water was evaporating, creating a dense cloud of smoke. Kinty leaned forward, a smirk appearing on his face. With a crack sound, the bridge collapsed as he bolted forward.

Jorah was dumbfounded. He could see the golden light charging through the fire cobra. Kinty arrived before Jorah, bringing his sword up. Jorah tilted his head up as the winds whistled, and a wound appeared on his chin. Exactly at that time, Kinty appeared on his right, his foot launching like a cannonball. Jorah was unable to avoid it, and a breaking sound could be heard as his body slammed into the walls of the relic.

Kinty stumbled back, his entire body covered in burn marks. Only his trousers were left; everything else had burned. His bare upper body was now smoking like grilled meat, with red eyes and tightly clenched teeth. "Bastard, you won't mistreat her anymore," his voice echoed. Kinty held his sword as he dangerously approached.

Jorah trembled as he tried to rise up, his fire threads dimmed as if they had lost their luster. Every fiber of his being screamed in pain. "Please spare me," his broken voice sounded, spitting blood after every word, his jaw dislocated.

"Spare you?!" Kinty was startled as his sword stuck in midair. His eyes finally returned to normal, and he gritted his teeth. Was it really worth it? He questioned himself, wondering if going that far would acknowledge that he wasn't different from the person he hated so much. The bastard would jump in joy if he heard about that. But at the same time, Kinty wanted Jorah to pay for everything he had done, especially to Lyra and Silvia. For a simple, good reason – he had a sister who was probably their age by now. He felt like it was his sister who was maltreated, and he lost control, unveiling his rune, something he didn't intend to do.

Sensing his hesitation, Jorah pounced forward, pushing him to the ground. He kicked Kinty's sword away before rushing towards the bridge. In doing so, he completely rejected all his father's principles. "A man must be honorable? Bullshit," he said out loud. "That's why you died, poor old man. I'm not like you. I'm not going to let this chance pass," Jorah's voice was broken, but he kept forcing words.

Kinty tried to get up but was unable. His entire being was burned by the frightening power of the Pyrocoil Rune.

Jorah rushed towards the sword, falling after a few meters. Despite that, he crawled forward, unwilling to give up.

Amarok still stood, his eyes devoid of any life. Silvia lay bleeding, unable to move a finger.

Jorah gripped the sword, the chains clanging together with increasing energy. "You could have become rich. You could have enjoyed envy and luxury, but no. You believed they were innocent. Hahaha... Stupid! I am certain you will turn inside your grave if you found out that after all those years, you were actually wrong. Completely wrong. To hell with your damn principles; that family was guilty. They had to pay. Uncle was smart and took the right decision. Today, I will follow his path," he said, pulling the sword out.

0