The Start (Part-1)
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beggar Cultivation System, Chapter 1.

The world spun, swirling with all kinds of colors until the sound of passing air surfaced. Then came the chirping of birds for a second, followed by the murmur of men talking. Like a missile, congested particles of light, invisible to humans, passed through a rooftop.

"Ouch!" Apollo grunted in pain as he felt like he hit something hard and soft simultaneously. While his mind was still blurry, he could hear voices.

Unable to understand what they were saying, it was hard for him to distinguish whether they were men or women, or how many of them there were.

"What is happening?" Apollo's thoughts raced, trying to piece together his chaotic surroundings. Then, the conversation he had with that faceless woman about reincarnation surfaced in his mind.

Reincarnation?

Slowly, his blurry vision started to clear. After a while, his eyes adjusted, and the scene in front of him came into focus. Before him lay a table reaching his nose, adorned with tantalizing dishes emitting an aroma that made his stomach churn. Although he couldn't discern the specific dishes, their presentation hinted at their expense.

Scanning his surroundings, Apollo noted the high ceiling adorned with chandeliers made of unfamiliar gems and walls decorated in a style he had never seen before.

Voices drew his attention back to the people at the table: eight in total, including him. Clad in medieval-style attire reminiscent of the textbooks he had studied, Apollo wore a dark blue tailcoat with intricate designs.

Suddenly, a nudge jolted him, and he turned to his right to find a woman with worried eyes. Her black hair was tied in a bun, and her ocean-blue eyes peered at him beneath lightly applied makeup that concealed slight wrinkles. Her lips were adorned with a reddish-pink lipstick.

Like the other women at the table, she wore a gown adorned with expensive decorations.

She began speaking the language he had been hearing since his arrival. Confused, Apollo tilted his head.

"Language detected… comprehending…"

"Language learned: Luanian."

A blue translucent screen appeared before him.

Eh? Apollo's eyes widened in surprise as he finally understood the woman's words.

"Apollo, are you okay?" she asked softly.

"Y-yes," Apollo answered, his voice small, almost childlike. No. He glanced at his reflection in the plate and noticed his rounded face. Just like the woman beside him, he had blue eyes and black hair.

I'm still handsome, and my name is still Apollo? I thought reincarnation is when I reincarnated as a baby?

This is like when kids finally realize they have consciousness?

"Then why aren't you eating your food?" the woman asked again.

"Hehe," Apollo could only scratch his cheek, his eyes still fixed on the translucent screen in front of him.

It flickered before something changed.

"Transferring Data… 1%"

"Finish your food, Son, so you'll be like me, strong and handsome!" The middle-aged man on his left flexed his biceps. With brown hair and eyes, he winked at the woman on Apollo's right. "Right, Hon?"

"Oh, stop it," the woman giggled.

"Gina, Froi…" An aged voice echoed, and both the big guy and the giggling woman shut their mouths.

"Sorry, father," Froi apologized and started eating his meal. Gina followed suit while nudging her son.

Apollo started eating, and soon his mouth was full. The cute scene made the others smile.

At the head of the table sat an old man with white hair. Just like them, he was wearing a medieval-like suit, probably the most expensive suit Apollo could distinguish.

The old man started talking about various things to which Apollo didn't care.

I guess the woman on my right is my mother, Gina, and this bear-like middle-aged man on my left is my father, Apollo thought, his mouth not stopping from chewing the delicious meal.

That must be my grandfather… He then looked at the old man talking.

Uncle and aunties… Apollo glanced at the people eating and laughing in front of him.

Cousins? There are two children just like him, a boy and a girl, with white hair and eyes, perhaps twins.

It's a cheerful scene.

This is not bad. I thought I would really become a beggar. That woman, Aster, must be joking, Apollo thought with a smile.

After they were done eating, he looked at the floating screen and noticed it had reached 20%.

I wonder what will happen when it reaches 100%.

Froi stood up. "Let's go, Apollo."

Apollo nodded. He wiped his mouth and jumped off the table, then headed towards the exit with Gina and Froi. They were the last to leave.

"Where are we going?" Apollo asked. So far, the only knowledge he has is that he reincarnated into this body with a rich family. If he is going to compare it to his last life, he is living like royalty.

He became the richest man, so the things around him don't surprise him much.

What he's most curious about is the history and what kind of world he's living in.

Now that he has a good starting point, he wants to make the most of it and become the most powerful and richest man in this world. At the same time, he wants to start early to extend the life of humans.

This world doesn't seem to have high technology. That should be my focus on business, then, Apollo thought.

"Son, why do you look so serious?" Froi asked with a laugh, seeing Apollo's face scrunching up.

"Nothing, hehe," Apollo chuckled bitterly. Being called a son by a stranger still feels strange to him.

"Let's go sleep," Gina said with a graceful yawn. After walking down the hallway and turning many corners, the trio finally arrived at the entrance of their room. The room was spacious, with a master bedroom and Apollo's own.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight!" Apollo replied cheerfully.

When the door closed, he jumped on his bed. The feeling of the mattress enclosing him made him sigh in relief.

So far, so good.

Then he looked at the percentage displayed on the translucent screen from the corner of his eyes.

"Transferring Data… 80%"

2