Prologue (you can skip it)
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that happened.

I’m just going to skip most of the series of events that occurred during those past days, but basically here is what it is.

I live alone in my apartment close to the city’s central streets. That was true in the past, because now glorious and prestigious me stumbled on the most unfathomable piece of ad in a magazine.

You see, I’m a man of few words. But I’m also a man of big words. And let me tell you my next words are going to be the biggest words I’d ever say in a lifetime: how did it happen to me?

I mean, I’m in this situation kind of because of my own deal. Typically what someone would describe as the consequences of my own actions. To be honest, I am nervous. But to be frank, I believe anyone else in my shoe would be nervous as well.

Okay, no more fillers, here is the thing that I wanted to share with you. Recently, while looking for advantageous sales in a booklet, my eyes stumbled on a small article cornered in the edge of the page. It was made with a short title, the logo of some agency I didn’t know about, a short text to try and appeal to the reader and a phone number.

As you would expect, or as you already know, that was no small little publicity. I mean, the ad itself was small on the paper, but still the service they were selling appealed to my instinct. After reading it, I knew I had to call them as soon as possible.

What was written here? I forgot the details, but it more or less explained how they were looking for volunteers for acting as a… Temporary home for aliens. I confess, trying to explain it with only so much words leave a lot of details and you would be right to doubt the legitimacy of this ad.

Of course, I didn’t, and jumped on the occasion as the idiot I was.

And now, standing here, I realize I may have made a hasty decision. If I could, I would punch a thousand times my past self for not thinking this through.

But here I am, and the only thing I know for real is the bundle of paper signed by my hand and the lovely girl waiting for me at my door.

She’s waiting because I’m in the way, because my brain couldn’t process the fact that I would even think about calling this suspicious number, that they would validate my submission, that I would actually have to live with an alien under the same roof, and that said alien had the appearance of a cute girl.

I won’t lose my time describing her, but evidently she fits my tastes.

Adding that to my stress and anxiety of meeting the third type and I just stood there brain-frozen.

“Thanks for accepting to become my roommate! This will be a short stay, so I hope we’ll get along!”

Such a lovely voice. But also what a weighty reminder of reality and what kind of situation I found myself in.

She looks human, but she’s an alien. She’ll stay here for three years at most. And she’s here to actually enjoy her vacation, on Earth, in my home of all place.

No matter what, it was my decision as a lonely boy who never had the chance to get a girlfriend, and betted everything on this slim chance for this to happen.

And it happened.

This is the greatest opportunity in mankind’s history. A short step for humanity, and a big one for mister me to finally have a girlfriend!

I won’t let this chance pass.

This time, I will date a girl!

3