Chapter 6: The beautiful police chief
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Caelan Dwayne is brought to the police station and immediately taken into an interrogation room. In this exceedingly serious room, he can't help but curiously gaze around. To be honest, he has been to the police station numerous times before, but this is his first time doing so as a detainee.

 

  Ethan Caldwell signals for two burly police officers to enter the room, then lets out a cold, mocking laugh. "Seeing how relaxed you are, even having the leisure to glance around the room. I'll come back and see you later, let's see if you'll still be in the mood." With that, he slams the iron door shut and exits.

 

  Caelan Dwayne sits down nonchalantly, calmly observing the two officers who sit down opposite him, eyeing him as if he were prey.

 

  A bearded officer begins the questioning, "Name?"

 

  "Caelan Dwayne."

 

  "Gender."

 

  "Male..." Dwayne responds cooperatively, with a smile on his face.

 

  "Age?"

 

  "24."

 

  "Native place?"

 

  "Silverport."

 

  ...

 

  After a series of simple yet irritating questions, Caelan Dwayne maintains his composure, even joyfully responding to the most trivial questions. Ironically, it's the two policemen who grow impatient. After all, they have been given the directive by Caldwell to find an excuse to give Caelan Dwayne a hard time. But now, with Caelan Dwayne being so cooperative, almost a model suspect in terms of compliance, how can they possibly instigate a situation to make things tough for him?

 

  Finally, the other officer, with darker skin, thinks of something and asks, "Today, you beat up six teenagers at the market, didn't you?"

 

  "It wasn't me attacking them; they tried to extort protection money from me first. I was defending myself," Caelan Dwayne replies.

 

  "I don't know whether they took protection money from you, but you struck first, didn't you?" the bearded officer asks with a menacing grin.

 

  "Yes..." Caelan Dwayne nods honestly, "But I believe I was not at fault here. If necessary, I could even take this to court."

 

  "Going to court... a lamb skewer seller..." The dark-faced officer mutters disdainfully and pulls out a document, pointing to the signature line, "Sign here to admit your guilt and agree to compensate the victims as required."

 

  Caelan Dwayne glances at the confession document, which is already prepared with a litany of charges that could land him in prison for half his lifetime. His expression turns sardonic, and he scoffs, "Officer, this document doesn't seem legitimate to me... I haven’t said anything, yet suddenly there are so many charges against me."

 

  The dark-faced officer slams his hand on the table furiously, "Are you questioning us now, accusing us of framing you!? Do you realize where you are!?"

 

  "I'm just telling the truth," Caelan Dwayne knows in his heart that these two are determined to make him slip up, revealing a hint of icy determination in his eyes.

 

  The two officers are aware that Dwayne will not sign the document. Any sane person who can read wouldn't put themselves in jail for no reason. The only purpose of this document is to provoke Caelan Dwayne—and clearly, they have succeeded.

 

  "Kid, you're not cooperating with our investigation. Do you know the consequences of that!?" The bearded officer stands up, slowly moves behind Caelan Dwayne, and clenches his fists, the bones cracking loudly.

 

  Caelan Dwayne glances at the room's surveillance camera, guessing that the only footage available would be of him confronting the police. Whatever happens next wouldn’t be known outside, and even if it were, incidents within the police station rarely get out.

 

  It seems that this kind of police behavior exists all over the world...

 

  "I don't know what consequences I might face, but you two will face consequences beyond your expectations..." Caelan Dwayne casually turns his head and flashes a toothy grin at the bearded officer.

 

  "You're asking for it!"

 

  Seeing Caelan Dwayne finally say something offensive, the bearded officer furiously reaches out to grab his collar, his other hand balling into a fist ready to strike.

 

  But in that instant, the bearded officer grasps at air; Caelan Dwayne has already risen from his seat and swiftly grabs the officer’s collar instead.

 

  "Is this what you wanted to do?" Caelan Dwayne sneers and punches the bearded officer in the stomach.

 

  The bearded officer's body spasms and he curls up on the floor, writhing in pain.

 

  The dark-faced officer stands up in a fury, "You dare assault an officer!" He doesn’t hesitate to draw his Glock 23 pistol from his belt and aims it at Caelan Dwayne.

 

  But Caelan Dwayne doesn’t even regard the menacing barrel of the gun. With a lightning-fast step, he moves behind the dark-faced officer and lightly taps on the officer's arm, causing it to shake violently as if electrocuted. The gun immediately falls to the floor.

 

  The dark-faced officer barely has time to react before he feels a numbness at the back of his neck, and then he passes out entirely.

 

  Caelan Dwayne picks up the illegal document from the table and smiles sinisterly, "It seems you often use such tricks. I wonder what it would look like if this got out."

 

  Hearing Caelan Dwayne threaten to expose the evidence of forced confessions, the barely conscious bearded officer breaks out in a cold sweat.

 

  "You... you dare! Do you know who you've offended? That's Boss Brook's son! Boss Brook's people could easily take you out!" the bearded officer bellows, but the severe pain prevents him from standing up!

 

  Caelan Dwayne's expression instantly turns icy, "Always Boss Brook... You people are pathetic, always resorting to threats. Don't you know that's what I hate the most?" He then rushes forward and kicks the bearded officer again, knocking him unconscious with a single blow.

 

  "Bang!"

 

  Suddenly, the interrogation room door is violently pushed open, and a figure rushes in swiftly.

 

  "Stop!"

 

  A crisp and stern voice fills the room. Caelan Dwayne turns around in confusion and is taken aback by the sight of the newcomer.

 

  She is a police officer with a spirited demeanor, short hair to her shoulders, almond-shaped eyes like autumn ponds, a high nose bridge, and full lips coated with light pink lipstick. At first glance, her face could be mistaken for one of those perfectly sculpted Female celebrities, but a closer inspection reveals a natural charisma that outshines any so-called star. She is undoubtedly a stunningly beautiful police officer.

 

  However, Caelan Dwayne then notices the shoulder insignia on the woman's uniform—four silver stars, signifying her rank as the chief of police.

 

  In an instant, Caelan Dwayne realizes that this young and attractive woman, resembling a movie star, is the chief of the West District Police Station, a bona fide senior official of Silverport City!

 

  At this moment, Lyra Belle is in a terrible mood. She had just finished a meeting, troubled by a recent bank robbery in the West District, when she heard a report that a suspect was assaulting police officers in her own station’s interrogation room—an absolute disdain for her authority!

 

  "You! Hands on your head and stand against the wall!" Lyra Belle points at Caelan Dwayne and shouts sternly.

 

  Caelan Dwayne sizes her up briefly, his mind acknowledging that uniforms do have their appeal—it's no wonder many of his former comrades liked their female partners to wear various uniforms. Hearing the command from the police chief, he can't help but smile slyly, "Beautiful Chief, I think you should take a look at this first." Saying this, he tosses the document he's holding to the chief.

 

  Lyra Belle is not one to act rashly. Her young age coupled with her significant position as the chief of the West District Police Station could not have been achieved through mere connections alone. When she sees Caelan Dwayne's composed demeanor, she senses something unusual, grabs the document with curiosity, and glances over it briefly.

 

  Gradually, a layer of frost seems to form on Lyra Belle's beautiful face. After giving a severe glance at the bearded officer and the dark-faced officer lying on the floor, her voice turns icy as she addresses Caelan Dwayne, "What is your name, sir?"

 

  "Caelan Dwayne."

0