Episode 02: Big Sis’s Smile
410 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should I use 'Nee-san' or 'Anesan' instead of 'Big sister'?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

"We've arrived! This is my office! Look!"

"Wow!"

I was suddenly thrown off balance, but managed to regain my composure.

"What's the matter? Didn't I tell you to let me down gently earlier? Baboon."

I wanted to tell her that we were already running late, but I was too hungry to muster the energy to shout. As I looked up, I saw a five-story building in front of me. The building had a black exterior...a very strange atmosphere. Her clothes, her high-heeled shoes, she seems to really like black.

"On which floor is your office located?"

"My office is on the first floor, you see that small sign over there?"

Next to the entrance door, there was a sign that read "Kurosaki Detective Agency". There was a picture of a black cat on the sign. Is that their mascot?

"...A black cat?"

"Yes, that's our boss. The most important person in the office. By the way, this whole building belongs to me. Pretty impressive, huh? Ha ha."

She said with a smug look. The boss is the most important person? Something feels off. Is he a cat-loving old man?

"Come on, let's go inside. You must be hungry for bread."

*Click*

She opened the door, and I followed her into the black building. Once inside, there was another door immediately to the side. Is this the office? Wait, when we opened the door earlier, did she use a key? But I distinctly heard the sound of a key being turned...?

*Click*

I heard the sound again after entering the building. Did she lock the door? I hope this building isn't some shady property...I stare at the keyhole of the door.

"Why are you staring at the door like that?"

"Is this an automatic door, sis? Pretty high-tech."

"...An automatic door? Oh, I see. I'll explain later. Come on, let's go inside."

She opened the office door and I followed her inside. She took out all the bread from the bag and laid them out on the table.

"Sit on the sofa, help yourself, no need to be shy, choose your favorite!"

I was too hungry to carefully select a bread. I sat on the sofa, grabbed the biggest bread, and started eating. She sat directly in front of me, leaning forward with her hand under her chin, watching me eat.

"...What are you looking at, aren't you going to eat?"

"I'll eat later. Watching people enjoy their food so deliciously always looks so happy. The food tastes even better, you know. Hehe."

Feeling awkward under her gaze, I looked around the office, avoiding her gaze. The office was much more beautiful than I had expected. This building isn't small, so the office is very spacious. It looks like a proper office.

But, the building looked black from the outside, and the interior of the office was also leaning towards black. Not everything is black, but the sofa is black, the huge president's desk is black, and even the comfortable chairs are black, of course. Even the air conditioner is black... Oh, I finished the bread.

"Can I have another one?"

"Of course! I told you earlier not to hold back."

Even though I finished eating one bread, I'll eat another. Because my hunger has decreased, I'm a little bothered by the way she looks at me... it's hard to eat. But still, this woman has been laughing with a "hehe" sound occasionally since a while ago.

Her image is completely different from what I saw outside the bakery, she's a really beautiful woman, yet she can smile like this. I was a little surprised. How long are you going to look at me... please, if you keep looking at me like that, even delicious bread will taste bad.

I observe this office again. Black refrigerator, black TV, black bookshelf... the whiteboard placed in the corner is probably the least fitting for this office. After looking around the office, I realized. This sofa I'm sitting on is very comfortable. Correction. This is not just an ordinary office, it's a very luxurious office. Are all detective agencies like this? Is this woman a great detective?

"Nya~~"

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot about the president."

A cat meowed. A black cat approached the woman's feet. She lifted the cat up with both hands.

"Let me introduce myself again. My name is Saeko Kurosaki, and this cat is the head of the Kurosaki Detective Agency. Her name is Yami. Nya nya~"

There it was again, that woman's smile. It was a bit childish, with laughing eyes and visible teeth. But… I didn't dislike it.

"My name is Saeko Kurosaki... well, just call me Saeko is fine. By the way, don't call me Sae-nee or anything like that. I used to be called Sae-nee all the time in the past, but it started to annoy me. 'Sae-nee', what's that supposed to mean? Boo Boo." (TL/N: If you often watch jpn stuffs, usually the character said "Sae-nee' or 'Mae-nee' to expressing dejected expressions, the name here could mean ‘not cool’)

Seeing the sudden change in big sister's mood, I thought that maybe she wasn't dull at all.

"What about your name, boy? Tell me."

"...Yuya."

"First name? Or Last name?"

"Just Yuya, all the children in the slums only have one name."

"Then from today, you will be my disciple. I will give you the Kurosaki name. From today, you are Yuya Kurosaki! You are my number one disciple!"

Nya~~

"See, even the president is happy. Hehe."

"Nya~~ Nya~~"

"Oh, sorry. Looks like the president hasn't eaten yet. It's fine to leave two pieces of bread. One for me and one for the president. The rest will all go to Yuuya." 

This big sister, she might really be an airhead... Definitely not a great detective...

2