Prologue: Just once more?
35 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shima breathed in raggedly. The sound of trickling water and his thundering heart ringed loudly in his ears, louder then it has ever been. He could taste the iron in his throat, the taste that has been haunting him since that day. Never shall he taste delicious and sweet fruits and meats again. Even if he did, it would never be the same. 

His panting growing harsher, Shima looked down at his hands with bleary eyes. These hands constantly clawed at his mind, the memories of these hands are filled with nothing but blood, his own and others.

His hands were riddled with scars, so many that you couldn’t even tell that these hands were once a snowy white. Shima’s hands shook as he tried to raise them. He tried to forcefully swallow the blood rising in his throat only to almost choke on it. How pathetic...

Shima coughed so hard his throat felt like it was burning, it felt like he had a bush of thorns stuck in his throat. Raking at his throat every time he tried to breath. Shima had practically gone nose blind to the stench of blood and rotten flesh. Now all that's left is the sound of water and the taste of iron. 

Shima gazed into the darkness. Would it be alright to finally stay in that darkness, to never leave it? Shima was once afraid of the dark, but since that day, he had gotten used to it. Whether by forcefully suppressing the memories or just ripping apart his mind, he tried his hardest to forget those memories of why he was afraid of the dark. Also the reason as to why he can't stand to have his eye sight taken away when with someone.

Shima hated it, or once hated it. He has long gone numb. This numbness both saved and tortured him. It kept him conscious so that he could feel the physical pain, but it saved him from his own mind. Of his own hands. 

Shima breathed a shaky breathe. Will he really die here, in this god forsaken cave? Filled with blood and carvings that taunted him? Shima felt he really hated everything. Himself, others, everything. He hated the fact that he knew that wasn’t true, because he knew that he still held hope. Hope to go back to the past. It was foolish of him but he truly wished to be that foolish boy again. 

Was it okay to hope? How about one more gamble, I may have lost the one before but, just one more. I'll hope just once more. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Although this is just a short little teaser type thing, I hope you enjoy! Well, I mean if you really enjoyed this then you're pretty sadistic, not gonna lie.

5