Porridge
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shima slowly opened his eyes. Looking around this unfamiliar room again. After Kui answered all of his questions, he simply left. Shima had struggled to sleep in this uncertain environment so he currently had bags under his eyes. However, they weren’t too noticeable because he did have a rather large scar over his face.

Shima looked at the man before him with dull eyes. This was Kui's friend, a doctor. The man frowned as he looked at Shima’s body, sighing he said, “Shi, although you’re not hungry, you need to eat the food. Please, take better care of your body.” 

Shi glanced at the doctor before looking away. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to eat, it was just his body wasn’t used to having such food. Shi looked emaciated. Almost skin and bones. The doctor once again went back to looking over Shi's wounds. 

Knock knock.

The doctor grunted in a sound of permission without even looking back. His hands dexterous as he applied a medicinal cream over Shi's hands. Shima looked up, his gaze colliding with the deep fire like eyes of Kui. Gazing for a moment, Shima once again looked away. 

The doctor had finished wrapping Shi's wounds. Standing up, he pats Kui’s shoulder in a reassuring gesture. “Try giving Shi lighter food, it seems his body can't take too much food and make sure it’s soft food!”

Kui chuckled at Dean’s kind scolds. “Yes, I know. Do not worry, I'll make sure he eats.” 

Dean glanced at his good friend before letting out a loud huff and leaving. “You better!”

Dean has always been soft hearted that’s why he became a doctor. Kui looked down at Shi's silent figure. “How do you feel?” Kui asked kindly. 

“Fine.”

“…” Could you please give more of a response?

Kui felt his lip twitch. Why did he pick up such a fellow? Curse his kind- heartedness. Kui looked away from Shi, pretending being simply kindhearted was the reason. 

Shima looked at Kui with a complicated gaze. Shima didn’t know what he wants to do. He has no place to go, nothing he wishes to do, nothing. Shima didn’t want to live as an empty shell, but he still held a foolish hope towards this man. 

Shima sighed. He was tired, very tired. What should he do? Shima felt his stomach twist in knots. Not from worry about what to do but from the fear of this hope he felt. What should he do to make it disappear? But at the same time he didn’t want it to. 

Shima felt conflicted and confused, should he stay away from Kui? Maybe this hope will die if he leaves? But then where would he go? Shima hated this, so he simply decided to just go with the flow. His hope will die if he gets betrayed by Kui, if he doesn’t… Shima smothered this thought. How could he allow this hope to grow bigger?

Kui noticed Shima’s conflicted gaze. Kui raises his hand and gently flicked Shima’s forehead, avoiding the scar. “Stop staring at me with such a burning gaze. You'll make me blush.” Kui laughed. 

Kui doesn’t know what Shi has been through nor does he care. If Shi wishes to speak then he’ll listen. If he doesn’t then Kui won’t care. Shi is Shi, no matter his past. This may just be Kui’s selfish wish, but he hopes Shi may be able to leave his past.

Shima snorts at Kui and decided to ignore the man. Kui laughed at Shi's childishness. This was nice, it was peaceful. 

Kui walks towards the black curtains. Sliding them so that less sunlight comes in. “Careful, your skin is sensitive right now and your body is weak. Don't lay in the sun for too long. I'll bring your food in a moment, okay?” Kui nagged. 

Shi glanced at Kui before nodding. He felt that Kui was trying to use him as a replacement for someone. However even if it’s taking advantage of his sorrow or kindness, Shi let him. Shi was greedy, but he was afraid of this greed so he didn’t allow himself to take too much.

Shima felt that he was getting too used to Kui’s kindness. He had been staying here for thirteen days now. From what Shi has found out, he was currently in a neighboring country to the one he was born in. The place he was staying in was a small village by the border. 

Kui had said that he had found Shi in the forest by the village. It seems he was dragged by the underground river in that cave to the forest. Then it seemed he was dragged by one of the hunting dogs the village kept, closer to the village. Shi couldn’t help but wonder if he should thank or scorn the dog. 

Shima felt pain in his hand as he tried to move it. He laughed to himself. Pain, he actually felt pain. His body had long gone numb from pain, his resistance to pain had grown a lot since that day. Is this what it feels like to slowly drift between living and dying? To being empty and being alive?

Shima ignored the pain as he sat up. He raised his hands stiffly so that he could get a better look at them. Ah, he truly wished to cut these hands off. So much pain, these hands had caused so much pain. Even if it was just a small mistake, even if you regret it, even if you suffer for it, even if you didn’t mean it, it was still your fault. 

Shima’s lips curved in an ugly, bitter smile. Still ignoring the pain when he smiled, moving the large scar on his face. His once charming and gorgeous face now ruined. 

Shima came out of his dazed state as he felt another gentle flick to his forehead. “Why are you sitting up, and what’s with that ugly smile? You look like your about to cry.” Kui admonished. 

Shima stared at the man before him, once again falling into a daze. Kui looked at Shi. Remembering the way he smiled, Kui shook his head. This man doesn’t need my pity. Kui glanced at him, lightly tapping his head. “Eat, then you can daze about all you want.” 

Shi flinched when Kui tapped his head, he didn’t like when people’s hands go places he can’t see. It made him feel insecure. 

Kui noticed his flinching and decided not to ask, only to make a mental note not to do it again. Kui admonished himself, he shouldn’t randomly get too close or touch Shi without his permission like he just did. Kui sighed as he watched Shi struggle to lift the spoon to eat the porridge.

“Let me help you.” Kui laughed gently.

_____________________________________________________________________

Mother hen Kui!?

(⌒▽⌒)☆

2