LIfe in a New World
77 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Look I won't bore you with the details of my childhood save a few interesting developments. Upon opening my eyes I realized a few things. Firstly, I had snow-white hair and vulpine ears, I guess in this world Fenrir were foxes, not wolves but also I had a very long fluffy white tail. I was born into what could I guess be called a tribe, but I guess it could also be called a village in the middle of a very large forest. I'm just glad that I don't have to describe it as a pack......that would be just a bit too cringy. Secondly, our village is Matriarchal, as is most of the world I guess. Not saying that everything is like those reverse role fantasy stories, however, the population is skewed towards females, though not too heavily. I think my mother said that the skew is 1:3 leaning female.

 

Speaking of my mother, Skadi, She is the leader of our little village. She is rather young, being in her early twenties at the time of my birth. She's quite possibly the most caring woman I've ever met. Since I was born I've wanted for nothing, was showered in more love than I could ever hope for, and overall was treated like a child instead of an indentured servant. I also have twin older sisters, Astrid and Ingrid, they are the other reason I feel so loved. From the time I was 5 and they were 7, I was called their little treasure. normally, I would be embarrassed but I spent 24 years not getting any love at all so I think I can look past the cheesy lines and just accept it all right?

 

Around my 10th birthday, Mom and Ingrid started teaching me how to defend myself. I learned how to fight bare-handed first, then with a plethora of weapons, however, I favored axes and hammers, I'm sure that pleased Melania, my beautiful divine benefactor. I also started to learn magic from Astrid. I was terrified the first time I conjured a flame. When I did it snaked up my arm and continued until it reached my heart, leaving behind a mark in the shape of a flaming hammer. When we showed our mother she was ecstatic, letting us know that it was the divine mark of Melania, I should have known. I also learned that no one in our village had ever heard of Fire-Creation magic. It turns out that Fire-Creation magic gives me complete control over the flames I create. I also don't need to chant or use magic circles when using Fire or Ice.

 

Then my Matriculation ceremony came. My 18th birthday, The day I would receive my status. I was excited and nervous, I waited for a long time to finally see what skills I had and what my attributes were. There was a large party thrown for me to which the entire village was invited. There was a feast and festivities, dancing, drinking, and just general socializing then the time came, and my mother gave a speech.

"As you all know, my beloved son Fjjor turned 18 today and therefore will be receiving his blessing from the Goddesses. He has trained and worked hard for this so let us hope that the Goddesses decide to reward him with all the tools he will need to live a beautiful life."

"""""WOOOOOOOOO""""""

Everyone cheered for me and continued partying late into the night.

 

The time finally came for me to send my prayer to the Goddesses and ask for their blessings. The first part of the prayer was a general plea to all of them, however, the second part was supposed to be a more intimate plea to one. So keeping this in mind I began my prayer.

 

"Divine Goddesses, I, Fjjor Fenris, ask that you guide and protect me as I begin my journey into the world. I pray that you show me the path to a fulfilling and happy life, to learn and love in your care. I swear upon this day that I will give my all to live a life that will earn me an eternity in your divine grace........MELANIA......I'm not sure if I should say it or not but I will anyway........ I miss you, your beauty, and your warm embrace. I miss your mischievous smile and the softness of your lips on my skin. As you've said I am and always will be Your Mortal. So, please continue to allow me to bask in your love and divine warmth, to you I pledge my soul."

 

Upon finishing my prayer I felt the Nostalgic pressure of lips on my cheek and heard a whisper that made me grin and turned my cheeks slightly red.

"Hehe~, I accept your pledge and devotion......I Love You Fjjor"

 

When I opened my eyes My Lady was nowhere to be seen but instead, I saw what I assumed was my status in front of me so I decided to inspect it.


 

Name: Fjjor Fenris

Age: 18

Race: Fenrir Beastkin
Strength S Skills: Axe Mastery, Hammer Mastery, Unarmored Resilience, Blacksmithing(Divine Gift), Fire Creation Magic(Divine gift), Ice magic(Divine Gift), Gaze of The Ruler, Aspect of The Forge Goddess, Speed of The Flaming Fenrir(unique skill)
Dexterity S

Blessings: Blessing of Fire and Forge, Blessing of Love and Ice, Blessing of Divine Betrothal: Melania

Constitution A Titles: Prince of the Aerun Forest, Melania's Chosen
Intelligence SS  
Wisdom C  
Charisma S  

"I Love You Too......My Lady" I stated as I stood from my kneeling position and looked to the sky. 'Divine Betrothal huh?', I didn't expect to see it but at the same time, I'm not entirely surprised. 'Well, I suppose I should get some sleep', after all, Queen Relia and Princess Allanya will be here in the morning to have tea with my mother.

 

And so with my matriculation completed and my vows stated I drifted off to sleep.

1