Prologue: Problems with strings attached
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moving my joints, I made sure my strings weren't tangled and began to move. After the sudden and very destructive resurgence of mana, I was forcefully transformed into a living marionette, and while I had no puppeteer, I didn't plan on letting people control my actions, so I made sure to discourage them with the daggers I kept in my belt.

Even if I tried I wasn't able to cut the strings that extended above me into nothing, my dagger just passed right through them. Not that it mattered, since my status screen confirmed that if they ever snapped, I would be rendered completely immobile forever, since only a puppeteer can recreate the strings, and like I said, I don't have one.

I had picked the class puppeteer myself, but I can't create strings on myself, only other puppets. Due to my extensive experimentation, my left arm was completely immobile, my right arm was cracked, my legs were burned, and my hair was singed slightly. A hole goes straight through my stomach, and my mouth has stitches over it, not tight enough to prevent speech, but definitely enough to prevent me from eating, not that I need to now.

Despite my puppet nature, and the strings that provided me movement, I still moved like a normal human, my left arm being the only part of me that struggles in movement, since the hand and upper arm have been immobilized. Half my face was missing as well, and not even a puppeteer could fix it, so I only had one eye now.

"Anna! You good?"

"Yeah! Just getting ready!"

My best friend June was traveling with me, she's the one who has been preventing me from snapping the rest of my strings and just laying asleep somewhere. She was turned into an angel, like an actual angel, and has been the one to prevent most puppeteers from trying to take control of me, a fate very common for those turned into living puppets.

Walking down the stairs, I let June wrap a cloth around the crack on my right arm, and bandaged my burned legs before putting my old combat boots on. These precautions were so I didn't have to worry about my limbs suddenly snapping off. June removed my left arm and placed a mana-tech arm in its place, while my body was able to handle one, anymore, and I'd be left motionless, since I used mana to move.

"Alright, Lets go Anna, That dungeon won't conquer itself!"

"Yeah Yeah..."

 

1