Chapter 1: Why This?
75 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, this is a lit-litrpg novel, where a woman has a system, even though it is a modern world. This novel will be written after I finish Monia, so it might be a while until it is ready to be released...

Chapter 1: Why This?

Dulcia was always a somewhat normal girl. Despite being an orphan, her life wasn’t so bad. But it was completely a dead-end. Her monthly pay could only afford her to buy food to survive, as well as pay for her rent.

She had spent 22 years of her life… not really going anywhere. That was until… a woman had randomly found Dulcia why she was working.

The woman was her mother, and she proclaimed Dulcia as her long-lost daughter. Why this happened isn’t that important. Let’s just say that the baby (Dulcia) was kidnapped by a maid, which is how she ended up in an orphanage.

Rinstata: “All the world’s luxuries are yours now, my dear.” She said with a warm tone.

She accepted, of course. But this never really panned out for Dulcia, just like everything else in her life. Dulcia always wanted to be a bartender, so her mother gave her a top tier building in the middle of LA, and even set up the entire business for her.

The prices were very expensive, and Dulcia was the only one working there. Why? Because, shortly after meeting her mother, that woman had vanished completely.

“Now that I think about it… she was probably murdered.” She thought with a sigh.

It happened far too fast, so Dulcia wasn’t able to gain anything from Rinstata. All she had was this building, and her business. In fact, she could sell the building for a few million, perhaps even twenty million, if she waited long enough.

But this was her dream, as well as the first and last gift her mother ever gave her. As such, it had far more value than just the price of the building.

Ding!

Dulcia: “Welcome! What can I get you?” She asked with a smile.

Woman: “Just… anything cold.” She replied before sitting down at the counter.

Dulcia: “Anything cold? Do you want it to have alcohol, or no alcohol in it?” She asked in reply.

Woman: “Something… not too heavy. I need to go to a meeting tomorrow.” She clarified.

Dulcia: “Okay, I will give you something that I think that you’d like.” She replied before quickly getting the woman a drink.

The main draw of this bar is that it is a women’s only bar. Though she didn’t order anything specific, this woman’s drink will cost her $149.99, not counting tax. Since she wasn’t really asking for something hard to make, Dulcia gave her the cheapest thing that she thought this woman would like to drink.

Due to the nature of the bar being for only females, and the high prices which only the wealthy could stomach to purchase, Dulcia’s bar is a hot spot for rich women.

Later!

The woman soon left after drinking more than just one cup. Her mother had set everything up perfectly, as that woman was a business genius. So the drunk customer was able to get a private ride with a very trustworthy company, all the way back to where she lives, completely free of charge.

It was the end of the day, and Dulcia was counting up her profits from it. “$15,895? Damn… profits were somewhat low today.” She thought with a slightly annoyed tone.

In a sour mood, the woman went to sleep. This building was huge, so she also lived in it. Rinstata renovated it for living, so Dulcia faced no problems with living here.

Pomf!

Dulcia: “…What?” She said out loud with a shocked tone.

Jumping on the bed, Dulcia had flipped around, was looking at her ceiling. That was when she noticed that… some weird holographic display was now in front of her. “Is this real, or am I going insane?” She thought with a tone and expression of pure and utter confusion. Her question is valid as, was the display truly real?…

6