Prologue
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth, late 2019. 

It was a normal day when out of the forecast, The night sky was suddenly lit by falling stars. It was beautiful. The stars left trails of varying colors while the stars themselves differ in shapes, sizes, intensity, and color. One was to describe is it's like the sky is falling.

The display lasted a couple of hours. When the sky slowly cleared up, people started to glow. Some panicked and some called it a miracle, It was chaos. nobody could believe what was happening. Like the stars, the people glowed in different ways and that is when they first saw Auras. 

These forms out of etherial light started to form around each person. these light then turned into something that looked solid yet glowing. These were then called Attributes. 

Everyone's attribute is unique to themselves. One could get red horns, devilish wings and other devilish properties whilst another could get a house... It was odd. these forms are not limited to physical objects or subjects. in fact, they are not limited to anything at all! Some could get symbolism of ideas, events, places, objects, anything! 

It was such a mysterious sight for everyone. Some tried touching these but their hand will only phase through it like it's an illusion or a hologram. Why do they exist? Nobody knew until a few hours later. Some of the people started to find out that they have powers. These powers ran on the general idea of what their {attribute} was.

 Everyone rejoiced and called it a blessing from the gods, miracles, gifts. But only some saw it's real danger. within a few days, the streets were filled with chaos! It wasn't just humans that gained this power, everything living did. With these new foes and people with destructive attributes, it's only inevitable as Bonnie's started to pile up and buildings turned to ruins. Only now had the peace kinda we gone back with to the old tech."

A girl gave a nod of approval. "Good. How long has it been since then?" 

The boy counted on his fingers only to realize that he doesn't have enough. Instead he looked up to count...

"Too slow. It's been exactly 100 years." the girl said then "Slap!" slapped the boy's hand with the ruler. The sound echoed a little around the old abandoned warehouse that they turned into their home. They sat by the table that is in the middle of it.

"Ow!" The boy shook the hand from the pain trying to not let his welling up tears fall. He sniffles. 

"Next question. During the first year, factions developed. which is when the {empire} was founded. Who is the founder of the {empire}?" 

The boy looked around nervously for clues. As his hands was about to get another spank, a girl arrived. She was older than the boy but younger than the girl. She have black hair with one strip of purple by the bangs. Her silhouette showed her wearing a jacket and a short skirt, holding a filled basket and a backpack. The boy immidiately ran to the black hair girl to his from his demonic sister. 

"Eclair! Help me~!"

Eclair handed the bag filled with groceries to the white haired boy with ruby eyes. 

The older sister sighs. "this will only be a quick break shoko. We'll continue after lunch.". She picked up the books and papers to make room for the food at the table. 

Shoko celebrated, twirling around before putting the contents of the bag to the table. 

"Wow! It's a great haul today!" Shoko looked at the filled basket of gathered edible plants and small hunted creatures. It contained more than enough to make then full for a day. 

The white haired girl with sharp deep blue smiled at the plants eclair had foraged. 

"Shoko, go get the fire started." She said as herself went to retrieve the cutting board and knife from on of the rooms inside the warehouse- but, was abruptly stopped as eclair cought her hand. 

"Blanche..." Eclair handed a flyer with a smug face. The paper reads out that they are looking for a part time waitress at a cafe.

Blanche smiled, "Wonderful. I'll check it tomorrow". Blanche puts the piece of paper to her pocket and went back to what she's doing.

0