Ch 7: A Monsters in Chains
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outskirts, Rotten Valley.

 

“It's hard to navigate..” Lu Shimming frowned as he slowly moved ahead. He had never come this far into the Rotten Valley after losing his eyesight. Hence, it was harder for him to find his way.

 

“Hmmn..” 

 

Suddenly he felt the sun shining on him. Even though it was all still dark, his world felt brighter.  It seemed that he had crossed the dense canopy of the forest, and the rotten stench getting stronger was definitely proving it.

 

“Finally, you are here!”

 

A voice entered Lu Shimming’s ears and as he followed the source of it, he sensed the presence of several people around.

 

“Senior Lu!” Jin Ho’s eyes widened in shock, as he realized that the new person in the picture wasn’t anyone else but Lu Shimming.

 

Lu Shimming breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing Jin Ho’s voice. It seemed he was doing well enough to be able to scream.

 

“Why are you doing this Tie Niu? I don’t think we have given you any reason or possess anything that will make you go this far with us?” 

 

The question not only confused Lu Shimming but everyone around. 

 

“I don’t think that knowledge will be of any future use for you...” Tie Niu smiled, and looked at one of his lackeys. 

 

The guy holding a shovel in his hand nodded as he slowly started to walk towards Lu Shimming.

 

“Y-You..” Before Jin Ho could speak another word, a hand gripped his mouth. 

 

“Don’t spoil the fun..” Tie Niu smiled as he slowly squatted on Jin Ho’s back, and pulled his hair back.  “Just watch..”

 

Jin Ho’s eyes turned red as tears began to pour out of them.

 

He really hated himself today!

 

“Jin Ho! Everything’s alright?” Lu Shimming heard the muffle noises, and sensed something had just transpired.

 

‘Hmmn..’

 

With lightning fast reflexes, Lu Shimming suddenly took a step back, and the shovel slashed right across the place where he was just standing, blowing a gust of wind across his face.

 

“Hahaha! Not bad..”

 

“He really dodged that..”

 

“I thought it would end in a single blow..”

 

The people around were surprised that Lu Shimming managed to avoid the attack despite being blind.

 

“You really wanna do this?” A frown immediately appeared on Lu Shimming’s face. He didn’t know why this was happening. But he had an idea about what was to happen ahead. ‘Mu Han, I am counting on you. Arrive before it's too late..’

 

With that thought in mind, Lu Shimming suddenly took a step forward, and punched ahead. 

 

But the guy in front  just took a step aside, dodged it with ease.

 

“Hahah!!!”

 

A burst of laughter came out from the surroundings. It seemed they had overestimated the guy. In the end, he was nothing but a blind cripple.

 

The guy suddenly lightened his step, and circled around Lu Shimming with a smirk. Everyone watched the scene with an amused look on their faces. 

 

“Die!!”

 

Once he was in position, he raised the shovel high up and swung it down, aiming for the head. 

 

People were expecting a brutal scene to unfold in front of them, but the next instant their excitement froze.

 

Lu Shimming suddenly turned around, and grabbed the shovel with his bare hand.

 

“To think you guys really would be hell bent on killing us..” As he spoke, this other hand shot forward, balled into a fist executing the first stage of Raging Bull Fist.

 

“Charging Bull!”

 

A thunderous explosion rang out as the guy flew across the air before hitting the ground like a rag doll, and coming to a stop.

 

“...”

 

A silence engulfed the area.

 

No one dared to speak a word, they couldn’t comprehend what they had just seen.

 

“He has broken through the First Layer of Qi Refinement!!” Someone suddenly shouted, and people began to panic.

 

Tie Niu frowned upon seeing the scene. Something didn’t feel right.

 

“Stop making a commotion! He is alone and blind..what are you afraid of..get him!” His roar immediately calmed the people around.

 

“Kill!!”

 

The people around charged, realizing it was a prey all alone.

 

Lu Shimming flipped the shovel around, and grabbed it in his hand. His range of sense, limited, but the moment a person stepped in the radius of 5 meters around him, he could roughly draw them out in his mind.

 

“Whoosh!”

 

With a swing of his hand, the shovel danced around in the air, and struck the person.

 

“Clang!”

 

But, it didn’t stop there,His feet danced in a complicated pattern, a silent ode to forgotten masters. The shovel, once a humble tool, became a phoenix feather in his grasp, light and deadly.. A series of clanging noises rang out in the air, as he struck down the oncoming group of aggressor one by one.

 

Blossoming Furry!

 

The Sword Art even though performed with a shovel revealed its might, not a single person could withstand more than a strike from him as they charged at him like moth flying towards the flame of candle.

“Damn it!”

 

“We have been fooled! This b*stard can see..” 

 

Everyone was thinking the same as they looked at the guy with a hint of fear. 

 

“Enough! Back down..” Tie Niu finally couldn’t hold it back any longer as he kicked Jin Ho aside, before taking a step forward.

 

“Don’t think that the Sect would let this rest Tie Niu..” Lu Shumming’s voice carried a threatening tone as he raised the shovel and pointed it towards Tie Niu.

 

“Why would the Sect care about the people like us? You really think we are of any value to the sect?”  Tie Niu sneered as he took a step forward, and dashed.

 

Lu Shimming frowned as the rapid approaching footsteps entered his ear, “The Sect might not value us. But they definitely won’t tolerate an event like this..”

 

He swung the shovel once again executing, the Blossoming Fury.

 

“Clung!”

 

But the next instant, he felt the shovel get stuck.

 

A hand held the shovel with ease, the scene which had occurred earlier was now replaying in front of everyone once again.

 

“You are still not a cultivator, are you?” 

 

Tie Niu’s voice entered Lu Shimming’s ears, and next instant he felt a hint of Qi fluctuation in front of him.

 

“Bang!”

 

The wooden hand of the shovel busted into pieces of splinters, flying everywhere.

 

Before Lu Shimming could react, a punch landed straight into his solar plexuses, sending him staggering a couple of steps back as he lost his balance and sight of direction in pain.

 

Well, it wasn’t enough to bring him down, but losing his sight of direction sure was a bad thing.

“Hahahaha!!!!”

 

Tie Niu couldn’t help but let out a hearty laugh as he looked at Lu Shimming, facing in the wrong direction.

 

“This is really surprising. I can’t believe you are really blind. To think you managed to beat every one of these idiots without even seeing them. Your awareness is terrifying..” Tie Niu was fascinated and fearful of Lu Shimming at the same time. This guy was a monster. But sadly a chained up one.

 

Tie Niu suddenly took a couple of steps back, and saw Lu Shimming’s frown deepen.

 

“Is this the limit of your senses?” A smile leaked on his face.

 

‘Sigh!’ Lu Shimming knew it was all over now. They knew he was really blind, and if they could just get out of his sensing range, he really would be helpless.

 

“Thud!”

 

“Ahh..” Lu Shimming let out a grunt in pain as he held his forehead. Something seemed to have just hit him. He felt a warm sensation all over his face and his palm. ‘Blood..’

 

“This guy really fooled us..” 

 

“Stone him to death..let's see if he can see those coming..”

 

Lu Shimming’s face turned grim. He knew there was no way he would be left unscathed after this.

 

‘Are you kidding me? I am going to die here?’ 

 

He refused to accept it!

 

He just needed one more try in the Dreamland to change his destiny.

 

‘I can’t die like this..’

1