Hell Again
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A year had passed since Nitoro's death, and Kezumi found himself slowly settling into a new rhythm, adjusting to life without his brother. He had moved back in with the Maywaters permanently, vacating the home he and his brother had once shared.

The Maywaters, deeply empathizing with Kezumi's sorrow and recognizing his yearning for connection, decided to adopt another child into the family, welcoming Hitori into their lives. Initially, Kezumi was reluctant to the idea of an adopted brother. He almost felt the Maywaters were trying to replace Nitoro which upset him and already made him not like Hitori.

Hitori eventually earned Kezumi's affection, largely owing to his innate character. Right from the onset, Hitori's journey was defined by trials; he was orphaned from birth, devoid of the warmth of his biological parents, and left unnamed until the orphanage bestowed him with an identity a year later. Yet, amidst these adversities, Hitori's spirit remained resilient and tender, characterized by kindness and a steadfast determination to discover beauty even within life's harshest tests.

Hitori and Kezumi were both of similar age and attended the same high school. However, their paths diverged significantly in terms of aspirations and academic pursuits. Unlike Kezumi, who had ambitions of joining a blood society just like his brother, Hitori excelled in his studies and harboured aspirations of a future in politics.

This was in contrast to Kezumi, who struggled in his academics, not from any lack of intelligence but rather from the lingering trauma of losing his brother. Driven by the solemn vow he made to his deceased sibling, pledging to always aid those in need, Kezumi often found himself embroiled in confrontations with bullies at school. Despite lacking the requisite strength or skills, his unwavering commitment to defending others often got him into trouble leading to numerous suspensions.

Despite their differing goals, Kezumi and Hitori stayed close, united by their shared understanding of what it meant to grow up as orphans. Another year passed by, and their friendship grew even stronger almost to the point they were practically seen as brothers, a reality Kezumi never saw happening after the death of Nitoro.

On Kezumi's 16th birthday, the world appeared as it always did: the sun cast its radiant beams, and the birds orchestrated their harmonious tunes. Yet, beneath the facade of normalcy, an unforeseen event loomed, poised to unravel the fabric of Kezumi's existence once more.

Hitori and Kezumi had just returned home from school, greeted by an unexpected delight: a birthday feast prepared by Mrs Maywater. Sarah had lovingly crafted an array of dishes to celebrate Kezumi's special day.

After indulging in the delicious lunch, they ventured outside to the garden, serenading the day with songs as they basked in the glow of the setting sun. Amidst the joyous atmosphere, Kezumi found himself overwhelmed with emotions, reminiscing about his brother and the cherished moments they once shared, especially his brother's heartfelt renditions of his favourite song.

Tears welled in his eyes, though he tried to mask them with a smile. Sensing his distress, Bill offered comfort, prompting Kezumi to reassure him that his tears were simply tears of happiness.

As the evening wore on and the celebrations drew to a close, Kezumi, content and satiated from the festivities, retired to bed early, eager to rest after such a full day of joy and merriment.

As the evening stretched toward the night, a sinister presence descended upon the Maywater household. Two menacing figures breached their sanctuary, shattering the tranquillity that had enveloped the family just hours before. Hitori, along with Bill and Sarah Maywater, found themselves confronted by these intruders, their peaceful evening shattered by violence.

Bill, bewildered and seeking an explanation, dared to question the intruder's purpose. But before any words could be exchanged, tragedy struck mercilessly. With callous disregard, the assailants silenced Bill's inquiry with a fatal shot, leaving him lifeless on the floor. Hitori, reeling from the horror unfolding before him, instinctively moved to shield his mother from harm, only to meet the same fate as his father, cut down in a cruel twist of fate.

Amidst the chaos, the thugs' incompetence revealed itself as they lamented their failure to capture their intended target Hitori alive. Sarah, tears streaming down her face in disbelief, watched in horror as her beloved family fell victim to the devastation wrought by the assailants. Despite her trembling and overwhelming fear, she mustered the strength to question them, desperate to understand their motives amidst the chaos.
As their deadly gaze fell upon her, fear surged through her veins. In a swift, merciless act, the assailants fired, ending her life in an instant and adding another victim to the grim tally of the night. Then, they vanished into the darkness, leaving only the haunting silence of their departure.

Meanwhile, Kezumi, roused from his slumber by the sound of gunfire, stumbled upon a scene of unimaginable horror. The lifeless bodies of his adopted yet beloved family lay strewn across the living room floor, their once vibrant spirits extinguished in an instant. Overwhelmed by grief and despair, Kezumi was consumed by a power he did not yet comprehend, slipping into a coma-like state as his latent abilities awakened within him.

Alerted by the commotion, concerned neighbours summoned the authorities, who arrived witnessing a scene of devastation. Amidst the carnage, they found Kezumi, who appeared unharmed but unconscious. Rushing him to the nearest hospital, they held onto the hope of his survival—a ray of light in the darkness that had descended upon the Maywater household that night.

 

0