Chapter 1
37 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure about that one deary, I was told it's not worth the price I offered."

"Yes, it will do. I just want my mother to not worry about me."

Picking up the small green stone, I crushed it in my hand and watched my body undergo a miraculous transformation, feathers gre from my head as two wing sprouted from my back, scales covering my body as my limbs and clothes disappeared and my body lengthened to almost longer than three school buses.

"This... Is... Powerful!"

Returning to my human form, my clothes back on my body, I noticed my hands still had some scales on them, my guess being a sign I still had the ability.

"Girly, I guess I was even more wrong about its value, but, I was told this one had a price to use it's ability, so watch out."

"Thank you Mr. Gomez!"

Over 200 years ago portals opened up all over the earth, portals called dungeons which contained monsters one could only see in fiction and stones that when crushed granted someone an ability. Many of the rich have the powerful abilities, while the poor get the weaker abilities, of course not every powerful ability was good.

One Family who had a bloodline ability from their original founder, but this ability was a powerful future sight that the members of the family were unable to control, making every waking moment a curse for the members of this family. Many go insane shortly after developing it, and those that don't have trouble seeing the present.

As I walked home I noticed some other changes my body had gone through, I was slightly taller, my bust was larger, my hair was longer with rainbow streaks, and two small feathers poked out from behind my ears. The scales on my hand also were on the sides of my face and my legs were slightly stiffer, likely due to my instincts still believing I don't have them.

"Mom! I'm home!"

I entered our small home, my mother busy cleaning the living room, her multiple arms granted by her power helping her finish it quickly. When she saw me enter, she noticed the changes instantly, and smiled slightly, she had given me the money to buy a power stone, so she was proud that I was at least able to defend myself.

"What power did you get?"

"Transformation!"

"Oh? And what is it that you turn into?"

"Some kind of feathered serpent?"

"Quetzalcoatl! My Daughter has a powerful Ability!"

Squeezing me with her 6 arms, her power being the power of a Hecatoncheires, one hundred summonable arms that she has complete control over. My family wasn't a powerful one, but we weren't a poor one either, my father's Alchemist ability made sure of that, since he is one of the few people capable of creating healing potions.

Our family wasn't large either, just me, my mom, my dad, and my older brother who was never home, always messing around in dungeons with his flame control ability. I wasn't jealous however, since I was now allowed to enter dungeons as well, and I had an ability almost equal in power to his.

"I have to inform you of your abilities, since Quetzalcoatl have so many!"

My mother used to be an ancient history teacher, but retired when she gave birth to me, so my apparent ability to turn into a mythical creature was of great interest to her.

"Quetzalcoatl has rainbow flames, perfect memory, wind manipulation, enhanced strength, flight, and short range teleportation, you also should have limited shapeshifting, likely between a hybrid, human, and true form."

Bombarded with information, I only heard the last part, a hybrid form was in my range of shapeshifting, and it felt like it was more comfortable to be in. Shapeshifting into the hybrid form, I noticed my legs became a tail as two rainbow wings sprouted from my back, my chest became larger and the small feathers behind my ears became larger as my ears became elf-like.

Holding my hips? Well holding my waist, I felt much more comfortable in this form than my human one, and my mother looked at me with sparkles in her eyes. My tail extended to be longer than the living room, but I noticed that it never actually touched the ground, instead I floated almost a foot above the ground.

"I'm so happy! My daughter is an S-Class Ability user!"

"S-Class? I'm not so sure, maybe A-Class at most."

"Nope, A-Class Ability users only have one powerful Ability, but you have multiple powerful abilities."

"Oh..."

3