Chapter one: Arrival
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

Luke was falling.

That was all he could remember. Falling. He had been falling for millennia - not that it mattered, as he was in outer space and time here was meaningless. He saw nothing but black void.

Suddenly, he saw below him red, swirling mist - was that a universe? He decided he was dreaming - he must have been. He’d woken up from dreams of universes before, and he won’t get any false hope. But the red mist kept getting closer. Suddenly, he saw text in his eyes:

Hello! Welcome, User, to the Universe of Palso!

Universe #345345

Enter? Yes/No

He mentally selected Yes, then a new message appeared:

Entering Planet. . .

You have entered a new planet!

Name: Alak

#: 762

Main Species: Humans

Huh,  he thought, Weird dream. Never had a dream like that before!

Suddenly, he felt very, very dizzy. He fell down, then thought, wait, what? I fell down? How? He looked down and around, and saw a clearing in the woods, with a small, flowing stream. On the ground was a patch of dirt, surrounded by grass. He stepped toward the stream, and splashed water on his face. He felt it. He was delighted that it wasn’t a dream. He saw a huge wolf then, and a good sized pack of around 25 wolves behind him. The wolf said, “Good afternoon, Lucas Johnson!” He asked, “Wait, you can talk? And how did you know my name?” The wolf answered, “I am one of the most powerful beings of this universe. Of course I know your name! As for talking, have you not heard of me? The name’s Joyous Wolf!”

Just then, something popped up:

Personal Statistics:

Name: Lucas James Johnson

Species: ???

Age: 20

Level: 0

Strength: 5

Agility: 8

Constitution: 4

Charm: 2

Intelligence: 3

Wisdom: 3


Features, Traits, & Equipment:

Backpack (Room: 1 Durability: 1)

Clothes (Durability: 1)

Shoes (Durability: 1)

Food Substitution (Effect: After a few years of going with hardly any food at all, you learned how to pull sustenance from dark matter itself. 10 Minutes of sucking in matter is the equivalent of one meal. Meals can still fill your stomach.

Attacks:

Chaos Blast (Power: 10)

Bonus from Species

Chaotic Power (Progress Locked)

Chaotic Origins (Effect: -10% Damage from Chaos based attacks, +10% damage when using Chaos based attacks)

Otherworldly Being (Effect: +2% Chance to intimidate Lower Beings)

Otherworldly Body (Effect: +1 Agility & Strength per level)

 Abilities: 


Rule of the Day

Don’t poke anything with a stick.

Wow, He thought. That’s pretty cool! But what the hell is Rule of the Day?

He stared at the wolf, trying to pull up its status. After a few minutes of staring, a notification popped up: New Ability!: Inspect

Through intrusive staring, you have seen private stuff that some other people cannot! (Effect: You can see someone else’s Limited Stat Sheet.)

That text makes it sound creepy, but the effect is pretty sweet, I guess. . .

He looked at the wolf, and used Inspect

Its Limited Status popped up:

Limited Status of Joyous Wolf, the Great Wolf, Pet of the Overlord

Name: Joyous Wolf

Species: Wolf

Level: ???

Age: 65,345,234

Threat Level: Too Much

Unable to read anymore of this creature’s abilities because of its Threat Level.

Wow, He thought. He somehow knew that there were 12 threat levels:

Nonexistent, None, Small, Moderate, Intermediate, Big, Huge, Advanced, Extreme, Insane, Lethal, and Too Much. Too Much meant that it was not physically possible, even if you were a Divine, to do so much as move one of its hairs on its head! Joyous Wolf saw the look on his face and smirked, and said “Saw my status, I see? I pose an Insane threat level to the overlord himself! No wonder you’re surprised. . .”

Then, Luke writhed in pain and fell to the ground. The wolf said, “I gave you a tattoo. Look on your chest” He looked on his chest like the wolf asked, then saw a tattoo of a wolf head. It was the color of red space dust, looking straight forward. A notification popped up: 

Mark of the Excited Wolf - Tattoo 1 of the Five Wolf Tattoos

However, he also saw what his skin looked like, and he hadn’t noticed it much out in space. It was animated, almost like a magical tattoo. It looked like a black void, but it had red clouds dotted around, and off of them was bluish whitish lightning. Chaos Lightning, He thought. Chaos lightning was much more powerful and hotter than normal lightning, and it tended to incinerate everything it touched. It was nearly impossible to harness! If this was what his skin looked like, then he had no idea what or how powerful his species was.

“Cool!” He said. This was the first of many discoveries he would have to make to find out what his species was. Then, he checked his status again:

Personal Statistics:

Name: Lucas James Johnson

Species: ???

Age: 20

Level: 0

Strength: 5

Agility: 8

Constitution: 4

Charm: 2

Intelligence: 3

Wisdom: 3


Features, Traits, & Equipment:

Backpack (Room: 1 Durability: 1)

Clothes (Durability: 1)

Shoes (Durability: 1)

Food Substitution (Effect: After a few years of going with hardly any food at all, you learned how to pull sustenance from dark matter itself. 10 Minutes of sucking in matter is the equivalent of one meal. Meals can still fill your stomach.

Excited Wolf Tattoo - Tattoo 1 of the Five Wolf Tattoos (This trait gives you the following traits: Friend of Wolves [Effect: Wolves will not attack you unless you do something harmful to them first.] Mark of the Wolf Patriarch [Effect: Wolves will follow your command unless the command is directly harmful to them.])

Attacks:

Chaos Blast (Power: 10)

Bonuses from Species

Chaotic Power (Progress Locked) 

Chaotic Origins (Effect: -10% Damage from Chaos based attacks, +10% damage when using Chaos based attacks)

Otherworldly Being (Effect: +2% Chance to intimidate Lower Beings)

Otherworldly Body (Effect: +1 Agility & Strength per level)

 Abilities: 

Inspect (Effect: Through intrusive staring, you have seen private stuff that some other people cannot! You can see someone’s Limited Stat Sheet)

Rule of the Day: Don’t poke anything with a stick.

1