16. Lizardmen Village
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of footsteps walking on the wet ground had sounded very boisterous, but once the Lizardmen's party was able to find several points of light that were now visible in the distance. They slowed their pace to walk more leisurely, because they knew that the place they were going to was very close.

Although the expressions of tension still hadn't disappeared from their faces and the whispers of panic between one Lizardmen and another could still be heard, on the other hand Azel could now breathe a sigh of relief because he had brought himself out of the most cursed place for him.

However, it seems that Kain and Dorem are still not finished with their conversation which is now getting more serious. Dorem is now excitedly discussing how he and his comrades bravely faced the three Manticores while the rest of the group fled, it's great that they all survived even though Dorem himself nearly died.

Their conversation that didn't seem to be receding any time soon was forced to stop as suddenly they all heard a sound that was like a bird chirping, and Azel realized that Shido then blew a whistle several times at intervals that might be like a code. And sure enough, not long after that there was a whistle that sounded the same though at different intervals.

"Who is on guard duty? Atonis? "

“… It's the end of the month right? So most likely Peggio "

"Why did they give the code first?"

"Maybe because the situation is different, Father"

Not long after, they saw a light coming from a torch slowly approaching them. Even though it was faint at first, the shadows of the other Lizardmen became clearer after getting close enough, they were quite numerous and wearing full armor while carrying weapons. They stopped after being quite close to Dorem's group and one of the Lizardmen who had yellow skin came forward, seeing that Dorem walked slowly towards him to say hello and they both joined their fists.

"Dorem? You guys are back? Even though it hasn't been a week yet! "

"Yes, Peggio, we decided to come back because the situation at Magnild got worse. I met my son Mifa there, have you heard of the situation? ”

"Yes, information from a reliable source in Adali said that the Kingdom was on alert. Wow! We were forced to take positions too, sorry if we have to check on you because I feel something is odd "

“Hahaha you did your job very well, my friend. If so, excuse me, because we've been walking non-stop for hours. Plus we have guests "

Peggio glanced at Dorem's group, he looked at Kain and Azel in turn.

"I see, it's quite rare that you bring guests"

"I will bring them together with ... Elder shaman"

Peggio immediately turned quickly at Dorem's words as if in shock, blinking a few times before continuing.

“Ahhh, then hurry up. I'll catch up to you immediately after walking around a little more, I hope everything goes well "

"My feelings say so too, this is just a protocol because of the situation."

“… Ohh, huhuhu they really are unlucky then. I hope they don't get too hurt by the result. "

Peggio laughs softly for a moment, then exchanges greetings with Dorem. Dorem returns to his group and they continue walking towards the light that is far away. Not long after, they finally arrived at the place of origin of the light they were aiming at, the light came from several light bulbs in the Stilt House that stood side by side. The Stilt House building stretches and is in a long circle like it surrounds something, many rocks are also arranged and lined up neatly with various sizes, such as being a barrier between the swamp and the row of the Stilt House.

"You use electricity?"

"There is a river on the other side, and we are building a hydropower plant there. Don't be surprised, we also have television with satellite networks "

"I guess you guys also have telephone and internet? Huh, seems like the right choice to take this path. ”

"Yes, and like the other tourists. You also have to spend money to use it, Our village is indeed famous among tourists because of this. Elves are indeed a bit strange because they reject technological civilization, even though the benefits are quite large. Well, we will also be troubled if they also do business "

"Father..."

"Yes, Yes, Yes..."

Dorem stomps his wand on the ground several times after casting several incantations, at once several rocks move as if paving a way for them. Dorem gave several hand signals to then walk in front and followed by the others, after crossing the rock line they were greeted by several other Lizardmen.

Azel looked at this row of Stilt Houses which looked much bigger now and the tallest building here might reach ten meters, even though it was already dark but carvings and ornaments were seen here and there because of the many light bulbs shining brightly. Before long, they walked back up the stairs made of stone. Arriving at the top, the Lizardmen disperse and walk apart after Dorem gives instructions. Azel and Kain were silent as they looked around.

"Zel-chan, this place is like a seaside tourist village"

"Yes, it's just that there are no waves, white sand and tidal currents. Also bikinis ... well, they all, including the women, look like they only wear nothing but pants. "

"Heei ..."

“I wonder, don't they have any interest in female breasts? You see? Everything is flat "

Kain looked at Azel with narrowed eyes as if in disbelief, but before she could say anything. Dorem and Sido approached them and then immediately spoke.

"Sorry to keep you two waiting, you two come with us?"

"Father, can I go home first to give news to Mother?"

"No, you have to come. This is also a form of responsibility that you have to bear in the future "

"Uhmmmm"

Sido seemed completely reluctant to walk, but he seemed unable to escape this. The four of them with a girl on Cain's back continued to walk straight ahead and passed several houses, every Lizardmen who met them gave a warm greeting with a smile and Dorem replied without hesitation. This is actually quite common, considering that they are foreigners stranded far from their hometowns. Unity and brotherhood must be closely guarded, a natural instinct that grows to survive in a strange, harsh world.

Not so long after, they encountered a suspension bridge that connected the row of houses on stilts to a mound that at first glance looked like an island. Azel also realized that these flats standing around the island seemed to be a fortress for it.

"The place we're headed to is there, come on, just a little more"

"Is that an island?"

“We created it with magic, lifting the soil a little to create permanent dry land. We don't want to take the risk of letting the children play in the swamp which can become suddenly dangerous, even so, the children's curiosity makes them prefer to venture quite far from here. "

Dorem looks at Sido after saying his sentence, sighs after that.

“Heey Dad, it was years ago! And it was Mifa who was always the culprit. With Father as a pioneer"

"Yes, Yes, Yes"

After going through the suspension bridge and arriving right on the island, now they are again greeted by several guards who had been sitting around the campfire, ornate conical tents that stood not far from the fire made them really like Indians.

"Ohh Dorem Sir, Sido too. Do you want to join? We're roasting turkeys! "

Azel took a closer look and found a Lizardman swirling a roasted turkey over a campfire, another Lizardman occasionally spicing up the turkey.

"Where did you get Turkey from?"

“Oh, this morning there was a group of young Knights who said that they were from the central continent who came to visit. Of course we don't just believe it, but after getting confirmation from Adali's authority we couldn't refuse. They are talking to the other elders, from what I hear it seems they want to ask the guide to check on that damn 'Mist Monster'. "

Azel's grin was immediately seen when he heard the words of the Lizardmen, Sido and Dorem who were aware of Azel's aura that was emitted suddenly quickly looked at him.

"Eustella Antiope, is that the group she leads you mean? right?"

Lizarmen who had greeted them was silent at Azel's question, Dorem then nodded at him as if to say 'Just answer'.

"Yes, one of them introduced herself by that name."

“I see, so they're in the Swamps now? Tch ... looks like we have to wait for them Kain "

"We promised, but at least we know where to wait. Umm Dorem-san, if you can. We want to wait for the knights to return, we don't mind if there is a cost. "

"Hmm? Your reactions are quite different? Is this Eustella your friend? "

“NO, that damn bitch is not my friend! Because of her then I ... damn I don't want to remember"

Azel answered Dorem harshly, but then folded his arms as he remembered another very terrifying thing with a quite anxious face.

"Umm you could say that she is the reason why we are in Magnild, I only met her for once but Zel-chan seems to have had a lot of bad experiences with them"

  "I see, hahahaha"

“Ahhh wait, regarding these young knights. The Peggio group did accept it ... "

"What? We met them outside earlier? "

“There were things that made it canceled, after making preparations and just before departure we received news that Elvia was on high alert. Of course, neither we nor they do not want any unwanted things happen, so the departure was undone. They gave us enough of this turkey to compensate for our preparation, they said they didn't need it anymore. They also use a satellite connection to send messages, we already said that it probably won't be possible because Total Lock Down may be in effect in all regions, but it looks like that girl named Eustella knows what she's doing. Her fingers move very fast when using that keyboard! Not long after that they decided to return to Adali, indeed with the current situation surviving in a big city is one of the best choices "

“Huh! at least we don't have to look for them in the swamp, cih feel like she still played with us. "

Azel returned his voice even though his face still looked annoyed.

“Hmmm, alright that seems like enough. Sorry if it interrupts your time "

"No problem Dorem sir, but what do you need to go to the highlands at night? The other elders held a meeting at the village hall this afternoon, but now it's over "

"I would like to meet Elder Shaman, greet her before starting the banquet for our guest here"

"So..."

The Lizardman looked tense with a little mixed expression upon hearing that, then he sighed as Dorem continued speaking afterward.

"If so, we will leave you with your little party here"

"Fuhh, then I will not ask any further ... I wish you luck Sir"

"Yes yes yes, excuse me then. You guys, let's go "

The group is now starting to walk again through the only road here which leads directly to the center of the island, before that Sido once again tries to find an excuse to back off and stay to join the Lizardmen who roasted the Turkey but Dorem just ignores it. This made Azel a little suspicious ...

"We're not in trouble, right? From what I caught, this Shaman elder sounds pretty bad .., "

Without stopping Dorem glanced at Azel for a moment and spoke after returning to straighten his gaze to the road ahead.

"Take it easy, she’s a person who can be trusted in the judgment here. Indeed, that also makes her very respected and her magic ability is also very high, maybe it will be very useful for that girl "

"Ohh ..."

They now came to the intersection, and Dorem led them down the road on the left. This artificial island is quite large, apparently thought Azel, if the row of houses on stilts was indeed built around this island then it can be ascertained that the inhabitants of this Lizardmen Village might be in the thousands.

"The road in the middle leads to the Village Hall where the Elders' meetings usually take place, while the one on the right goes to the field where children usually play"

Dorem once again without stopping his steps, now glanced at Sido after hearing that.

"I just diluted the atmosphere Dad ..."

Sido then continued that if the house on stilts they had passed was built in a circle around the island like a fortress with this island as the center, there are four gates in and out according to the 'cardinal directions' which divide this village into four parallel districts. The elders that they mean earlier are several people who are chosen to represent their respective districts with the shaman elders as intermediaries, Dorem himself is also considered an elder who represents the West district with his status as chairman of one of the hunter groups in this village.

It wasn't long before they finally arrived at their destination, it was another stilt house with a larger size than the one outside. Ornament carvings can be seen here and there with bright colors illuminated by garden light bulbs and the outdoor terrace, there are three enormous sized buffalo horns that are decorated above the main door. Judging from its unusual size that Azel could not help thinking if it came from a monster, a Minotaur maybe.

The other Lizarmen were also seen roasting turkeys not far from the house, of course one of them approached when he saw Dorem's entourage. After explaining the situation again, they are now walking to enter the building, of course after Dorem drags Sido once again, who wants to stay outside and wait.

The room inside looks quite spacious with a fireplace in the middle of the room with a pot hanging from it like cooking something. Several female Lizartmen were seen sitting in the corner of the room writing something on paper while others seemed to be working on a craft, but the most striking was a yellowish-white Lizardman with red ornamental tattoos on several parts of her body who was sitting by the fire. She also wears a typical Indian fur hat, the same as Dorem, except that the fur is much thicker, dominated by a striking green color. she was sitting cross-legged and now staring at us while exhaling the tobacco smoke she inhaled from a large ornate pipe.

“Hooou Dorem, what on earth brings you here at night? I hope it's not another bad news since I've had enough for today ... well, but I don't mind if you bring some interesting gossip for the girls here"

"Sure you not the one who want it madam? since you the one who teach em"

"Im simply polest their natural talent... well well well... what we've have here, you supprise me Dorem"

The Elder Shaman stop her eye's at Kain, she then put down her smoking pipe and stand to walk closer without release her gaze at kain.

"Good evening young man..."

Kain who puzzeled at the situation can only Look up at her and...

"Yes, Good day to you too"

"It's night dammit!"

 

###

0