18. Here Our Deal
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I think it's better not to force yerself if you're still sleepy, maybe you guys should go back and continue sleeping. Especially you stupid blonde!”

“Ughh… why does my head feel dizzy and heavy huh? And I'm having a hard time remembering what happened yesterday, after we came back from Mrs Coda's residence? ... what are we doing that time again?"

“I think it's just a normal 'hangover' due to the effects of the Booze, maybe you drank too much at the banquet last night. Well, I can't say much either because I got hit too”

Azel, Kain and Dorem were seen walking hand in hand towards Adali Village in the morning. Kain and Dorem seemed to be dragging their feet a little while putting one hand on their head as if to support it from falling. Only Azel seemed to be walking steadily even with a wry expression, or maybe that was the normal daily expression of his face.

“A banquet? There was a Banquet last night!?”

“We did plan small things, but Mrs Coda insisted on being more opulent. I certainly can't refuse, It’s so unfortunately for Sido didn't come back last night Wahahahaha. I want to see his war dance because I saw my future daughter-in-law was there, so maybe he may forgot himself and start to moved wildly. Wahahaha Och ouch awwww my head, it kickin again”

“Ahhhh, how come I can't remember it anyway. Even though I'm sure I don't drink any alcohol."

"You'd better not remember, because last night you..."

"Eh? Was there something I did last night?”

“…You did a strip dance”

“Ehhhhhhh!!!”

"Is that true!? Could it be that I did it too!?”

 

Kain and Dorem immediately looked at Azel with panicked looks and drooping jaw, Azel himself only raised an eyebrow at them. Slightly surprised because his words seemed to shake the souls of these two men.

 

"Don't worry, It was just a joke. And Dorem Sir, are you such a bad drunker?"

"Gosh, thank goodness. Huh, I don't know what I would say to my granchild if that were to happen. And regarding your question ... The incident I felt the worst when I was drunk was where I fought with the Cows from the neigbour village using my bare hands. In my delusion I thought they were some hardcore Minotaurs, luckily the Villagers stopped me before I managed to finish off all the Cows in those stable. As bad as that, wahahahaha ouch ouch awww”

“Zel-chan! It's not funny you know! I almost pee in my pants here, ahhh excuse me for a second. Now I really want to take a leak."

 

Kain then jogged towards the bush to answer the call of nature, not long after he returned and it was Dorem's turn to answer his call of nature. Azel remembered last night's incident and suddenly felt nauseous when he remembered how these people had a feast while eating the meat of the cursed animal called a frog, he was also very annoyed to see Kain who did not hesitate to eat the meat voraciously while smiling and laughing. Long story short, it was he who exchanged Kain's drink for alcohol.

For Azel it was a long night with everything that happened that day, so as soon as morning came he decided to rush straight to Adali to fulfill his deal with Eustella. While the person in question is still there. Eustella did say that she and her group would still be based in Adali in a week, but with what happened yesterday, who knows? And even if the deal was unilaterally canceled due to Elvia's condition, there was no guarantee that she and her venomous tongue would not spread unpleasant rumors in Istora later.

It wasn't long before they walked, finally they could now see the gates of the Adali Town they were going to. However, their gazes were distracted by the activities of the Royal Soldiers at the camp not far from them, they were seen busy pacing around taking care of accommodation and some at the guard post were now walking towards them as if they wanted to do an inspection. Dorem greeted them calmly, after a brief talk they withdew calmly.

 

"Hmm, it looks like there is a serious problem, the number of tents has increased from the last time I saw it."

"I didn't see the Dragon I saw yesterday, I want to see them one more time if I can"

“My son is in the Special Division, maybe at another camp near here. But I'm not sure we can see it, they probably put optical camouflage with high level magic and you will also be arrested if you are seen doing anything suspicious while searcing it”

“...I undo it then, for next time”

 

Azel didn't say anything and walk forward to leave, once they arrived at the Towns gates they were once again checked. A little longer this time, the situation really start become more irk here , Azel thought.

 

“Perhaps we should meet my son first, he's been here since last night so he might have some information about the current situation. As we have a special place where we can look for all the latest information, thought that might help you a little. I hear you guys looking for someone?”

"It's real convenient Dorem Sir, I also don't want to spending more time checking the inns in this Town one by one. After all, Eustela is indeed a conspicuous woman, so information about her whereabouts should be rudimental to come by.”

 

Dorem walked quite quickly to guide them, he seemed to be fully aware as the situation in the Towns has turn grims. Azel himself could clearly hear the citizens talking excitedly about war and so on in the middle of the road, some of them even made bets. The place they are going to is a Pub that doubles as an inn on the top floor, there are many benches and tables arranged in front of this Pub like an open Cafe. Sido is seen sitting and eating something from a large bowl on one of the tables, he then realizes the group coming and stands but Dorem gestures to sit back down.

 

"Is everything all right, son?"

 

Dorem wasted no time and asked as soon as he sat down, Azel waved to the waiter to order food and Kain? He seemed to be still not done with his 'Hangover', massaging his head slowly while shut his eye. Sido hastened his meal and answered Dorem after the last bite.

 

"I'm just like you see, Father. But this country seems to be in a really bad state"

"War huh? Rapoz must be acting up again! Is Dahluc Sina already on fire?”

“Still no news of an attack. But if war broke out, this would probably be the hardest of all. Maybe you two should get out of this country soon, Azel, Kain. If the rumors circulating are true, we also seem to have to dodge the war and move towards the Capital later”

"Hey Sido, don't talk carelessly. You're saying that the Kingdom will lose the war against Rapoz?”

“If it was Rapoz I'd be laughing too, but you guys wouldn't believe what happened yesterday… just a minute”

 

Sido took a sip of water from a nearby cup before continuing, his expression so serious that Dorem and Azel looked quite tense. Meanwhile Kain? Still propping his head with two hands on the table, still adamant against his Hangover.

 

"This news has not yet been widely heard in the public, maybe even Adilheida doesn't know because of the 'Total Dimensional Lockdown', but it has been confirmed to be true and there are eyewitnesses. Yesterday Lady Odesha and her team battled with a swarm of Orges in Magnild and they weren't random Orges, they were identified as military members from Bisrakh!”

"HAH! Are you seriously saying that!? Bisrakh!? What are they doing here! This isn't some bullshit is it? Sido!”

"I guarantee you Father! I am also one of the witnesses! Last night when I saw the Orges being herded into the battleship, I was immediately told to leave as soon as the guards saw me. so at first I didn't really think about many things. But I only found out the details when I handed over the letter from Shaman to the Major. A guard who also came to report to the Major explained the details as soon as he opened the door, he spoke out of panic!”

Dorem looks glaringly surprised to hear Sido's words, then his eyes seem to move wildly and look restless as if he is thinking about many things in silence. Azel who had known of their whereabouts since yesterday only wore another wry expression, he was still pondering in his mind to say what happened to them yesterday also about the 'Mist Monster'. But Azel also realized that if Coda already knew about all of that from last night's incident, the contents of Sido's letter might be about the summary of information obtained from the two of them.

With determination he decided to speak, but before that he briefly turned to Kain which he regretted. This blonde lifted his face to the sky and made a snaking motion to get rid of his Hangover, mayhap...

“Ara ara ara~ that doesn't sound good. But thankfully we heard it first, it's better to hear now than later. Looks like our actions yesterday weren't wrong, Gabriel. Hmm~ Ah! Azel!"

As if breaking the existing silence, the voice sounded very close and yet sounded very familiar to Azel. Azel immediately spring his eyes at the origin of the voice, and found that there was a pair of humans sat at the table right next to them. Dorem and Sido were no less surprised, even Dorem immediately grabbed his magic staff swiftly.

The two of them looked calm without doing anything seeing the attitude of Azel and others, the woman who was the source of the voice just now took a sip of tea from her tea cup. She was a beautiful woman with long hazelnut curls tied in a ponytail, sitting cross-legged while running one finger on the tip of her cup. Her brilliant blue eyes glanced sharply at Azel, however the small smile on her face seemed to say otherwise. No one knows for sure whether she was really surprised to see Azel or not, what is certain is that this woman looks friendly without any hostile vibe.

While the other one was a handsome young man with light blond hair that was quite curly, he was also wearing the same clothes as the woman just now. Plain white shirt with black slacks, several Magic rings glinted on his fingers while he holding a small book in one hand. His blue eyes which were also brilliant were currently looking straight at Sido, his face was so expressionless that it was hard to guess what he was thinking.

Gabriel and Eustella, the two 'Holy Children' that Azel knew very well, seemed to just appear next to them like ghosts. Azel gritted his teeth at his carelessness, 'Wishper of Traquil' was definitely a spell cast by one of them and not being able to notice it seemed to prove that his already deteriorating condition was getting more and more painful.

 

“Ara ara ara~ there's no need to be so tense, sorry if we seem to be eavesdropping on your conversation. But this is unavoidable with our adjacent distance, you guys are talking seriously in quite loud voices I mean. And please don't get me wrong, the two of us were already sat here way before this Half Dragon Man came. Isn’t that right? Gabriel?"

 

Gabriel closed the book he was probably reading earlier, he took his eyes off Sido and turned to their table which had several empty plates as if to indicate they had finished breakfast for quite sometimes. Although the expression on his face remained flat, everyone could tell if he was deep in thought.

 

“Put a barrier spell just for breakfast? You guys want to dine and dash? heyyyy"

“Ara~ this is an open Cefe Azel~, they have a pay first before eating here. Right? Half Dragon man?”

"Eh? I? Yes, yahh that's true... your acquaintance Azel? Gosh, I was completely oblivious to your existence! Is half-dragon man means myself or?...”

“Remarkable! Even though it was this close but I didn't notice it either, was it because there still alcohol left in mine steam? Hmmm no, yesterday was also same. It looks like you both youngling is on another level.”

"Both are 'Holy Child' Dorem Sir, The nature spoils them too much"

“Ara~ Azel~? Are you praising me?"

“That's a satire, fools. Aren't you the one who being sarcastic? Half Dragon? That's rude sarcasm you know."

“Ara ara ara~ since when did you become a pessimist one Azel? Don't you also know that all Lizardmen have the potential to become Dragons? And the rumor that Elvia has a Dragon rider turned out to be true, we saw it with our eyes yesterday. Of course we first asked here and there to be sure, and you know what? We found out that there was a bloodline belonging to that Ra'livi lived here in this land."

“Oh! You also know Ra’livi!? Wahahaha, Ancestor! Your grace know no bound!"

"Hey Father... You're too weak for praise, have some selfcontrol. Hell why I’m the one who said this"

 

Dorem let out his usual proud laugh, now Azel is no longer surprised by Sido's attitude who continues to look like a panicked assistant. Because those who are too weak for praise signify easy to manipulate, certainly very dangerous at the leadership level.

 

“If you really are the man named Sido, then know that quite a lot of people here are betting that you will be able to become like your other two brothers. Ara~ maybe in between hope and believe. But if the 'first' event repeats itself in the 'second', then the 'third' will definitely be much easier”

"Really? They said that!?”

"Wahahaha I don't want to say because I don't want you to be conceited, but it's true that there is something like that. At least this stupid youngest is enough to make me proud a little, they even said that to a stranger eh? Looks like you're really expected by everyone you know, alright then. When we get home, we will do Okipa!”

"Please Father, even my wings haven't sprout yet!"

"Just think of it as practice, who knows a miracle will suddenly happen"

 

Azel is now putting on a more wry face at the current situation, even though only a few minutes ago they had put on a alert attitude to Eustella and Gabriel who appeared suddenly. But now the situation has changed to be quite cheerful, this snake woman and her 'venom' is indeed famous for being able to conquer many people. Or maybe it is Dorem who is very weak in praise of his ancestors and proud family, and Sido seems to have his father thick blood.

 

"We're being watched..."

 

Gabriel muttered softly as if whispering to Eustella, Dorem and Sido who were still joking didn't hear it but Azel who automatically became alert to Eustella's presence clearly heard those words. Azel on the other hand didn't feel that he was being watched, however since it was Gabriel who spoke it was highly likely that it wasn't a hoax. Because of the six 'Holy Child of Istora', Gabriel and Ricell are predicted to be the strongest candidates to become the chosen ones who can use the Holy Regalia. Azel himself favored Gabriel because of his personality which was much straighter than the other five, and firmly believed that both Eustella and Endario were the most unworthy trash.

And at the same time, right now he was also feeling angry because he couldn't detect if they were being watched. This once again confirmed that if he was far from his prime, if a 'Bounty Hunter' who was 'strong enough' sniffed his presence in this Elvia. Then he would definitely be in a lot of trouble, well at last he safe for now. Thank God if this Elvia is a country that is quite closed from the outside world, a wilderness with exotic creatures that live in it.

 

“Ara~? I don't feel anything. Aren't they acting too fast? Though it hasn't been five minutes since we canceled the barrier spell. It's like they've tagged us before head, or maybe they have surveillance cameras all over town? Hmmm? I mean the Kalpa tree doesn't work in this current state right?”

"It's weird that there's more than one Eagle hunting in the morning and inside the walls... and one of them moves towards to circled above us as soon as our spell lift, and the other follows soon after"

 

Azel saw that there were indeed several Eagles flying in the sky at this time, although they were quite high above that they were barely visible. Gabriel detected it not through aura but purely instinctively, never let his guard down . Even though in silence, he remained alert to the strange things around him. Azel was once again amazed by him.

 

“Ara Ara~ Did they already find it before us? I'm a bit regretful that we didn't take the risk yesterday, but the answer might be a little clearer when we return to the inn later. Gabriel~ I'll be back first, you avoid the crowd then hide yourself and your aura. If you see an explosion of fireballs in the sky, then you may return to the inn. But if within an hour you not see anything, go immediately to meet the others at the promised point for Ay might have a much better plan. With you and Ricell at her side, I'm sure every worst possible scenario will be advoid"

 

Gabriel nodded in agreement at Eustella's words which sounded quite whispering to him, he immediately stood up and bowed respectfully to Dorem and Sido as if thanking them both in return. Exchanging glances with Azel nodding slowly and then walking away quickly enough, his figure suddenly thinned and disappeared at the crossroads like a Ninja. kain? He was still snaking around ignoring everything that was going on, still in a hangover state.

 

“Alright all of you, looks like I'll be need to take my leave as the situation is enough to make us, worried~”

“Oiii wait a minute, regarding your damn request yesterday. Earlier I plan to find you to hand this over.”

"Eh~? Azel? Have you got it already? Ohhh~… Even though I was hoping you would hand it over when Dario was with me. I mean, it would be more fun to eat while watching the routine rituals of the two of you right? I already messaged him you know!”

"You've calculated it well huh? Female snake? Too bad you will be disappointed this time.”

 

Azel moved his hand to the side to take out the large glass box where the Koi he caught yesterday, a normal size Koi fish was seen swimming healthily in a glass box that looks like a large aquarium. Eustella touched her cheek while watching the fish closely, she seemed to want to give a critique or two. Azel smiled quite contentedly seeing this woman as having difficulty speaking, took out the ring that Eustella had given him and flicked it with his thumb at her. Eustella caught the ring then giving a small smile.

“Ara ara ara~ Azel~. Isn't the size of this Koi very much different from the average Koi here?”

“Don't make excuses, bitch! Didn't you say you didn't mind the size? Koi tiddler are also Koi!”

"Ummhhh~"

 

Azel's grin widened when he saw the smile had disappeared from this woman's face, he felt satisfied as if he had won something that erased all the resentment in his heart. However, suddenly Dorem and Sido stood together with their eyes popup at the glass box just now.

 

"Good grief!!! Father! You saw this!!! It's that one right!? Right!!!? I thought it was just a hoax!”

“This isn't a dream!? Oh! I never thought I'd see it again!!!”

"Hmm? What’s it you guys?”

 

Azel was a little surprised by the reaction of these two father-sons, they both quickly moved closer to the glass box to take a closer look at the fish. Needless to say, the reactions of the two of them were in stark contrast to what Eustella had shown earlier, she herself also looked quite as confused as Azel.

 

“You see those long dangling upper and lower fins? Isn't it beautiful?"

"Just like ornamental fish, this is real, right, Dad?"

"Definitely! I also felt a 'mana' reaction from it, it's really a rare animal! Just being able to see it one more time is already a blessing.”

“Ara ara~ rare?”

"Oiii sir Dorem, it seems you forgot to explain something to me!"

“Oh! Sorry sorry, I forgot myself from being surprised! Wahahaha you fished amazing Koi Azel!”

 

Azel interrupted Eustella to ask , for some reason he felt like he heard the sound of his happiness balloon slowly deflated.

 

"It's a Koi tiddler right?"

"Hmmm? No-no, this is an mature Koi!”

“Hooiii sir Dorem, I saw it myself the same thing as you described about Koi. It's a human-sized Fish monster, it can use water magic for shit sake!”

“You're not wrong actually, normally it is. That's why I said it's rare, uhhhh how to start huh?”

“Is that thing is so rare? Honestly, Koi of this size are often found in Istora and I also often fishing it in Dragonia. Well that Betram brat chooses to blow up the river rather than stare for hours”

“For God's sake! Is that right!? Well maybe it all about the Nature circumstances huh? I mean in Elvia this natural 'Mana' is so abundant because Elvia is very skilled at manipulating the 'Dragon Pulse'. This is also what makes the mutation on wild animals so high, I don't need to tell you if you've entered the Magnild swamp right?”

 

“Ara ara~ indeed from the information that we got. It seems that Elivia does have a special mechanism to increase the natural 'mana' in each of their territories, especially this Jansen region. Maybe it's because it's a war-prone area? We even ran into a Spider the size of a grown man in the woods near here, as it was troublesome so we just ignored it. I hope the 'Town's Guard' can take care of them soon… Azel~”

 

Eustella noticed that Azel had a slightly annoying look on her when she voiced a complaint.

 

“…Looks like I just had a good gift reference, for someone”

“The gift you have must be as bad as your intention~”

“Well even so, everyone likes surprises right? One or two?"

"And surely not everyone can be too dumb by inviting disaster to their party right?"

“Have you ever heard of an anonymous gift? The sender could be Santa, you know!”

“Ara~ how unfortunately our residence does not have a chimney”

 

Azel and Eustella gave each other warm smiles, but their eyes were as cold as ice.

 

“Do… I need to continue?”

 

Dorem and Sido now understand a little about the situation, these two young people seem to have their own negative aura. Glancing at both of them alternately.

 

“Please do continue”

"Uhm ok..."

 

Dorem exchanged glances at Sido before continuing.

 

"Normally the Koi we talked about the other day were monsters that were mutated from goldfish which were normally the same size as this"

"Okay..."

"So? Aren't you suspicious? Why should we hunt them down? Why doesn't anyone take the initiative to cultivate it even though this commodity is so popular?"

"Because this is a monster?"

“Bingo!”

"It jus half Father, it's because the percentage of goldfish to mutate into Monsters in this Land is truly so high that cultivation is judged to be nearly impossible!"

“That difficult?”

“There are some rich folks who are trying to make this goldfish cultivation, and they open job vacancies every week. Because it is reported that many employees experience 'work accidents', regularly. Well, everyone must know what the real meaning of that 'work accident' is. Long story short, that's why we're here now"

“Hahahaha I know that, I was also offered to join. But since I'm comfortable with what I have now, so without much thought I immediately rejected it. It's better to be the head of a small snake than the tail of a big snake, and I also have to teach this Junior what 'number one' and two are.”

 

Dorem looked at his son who was also looking back with a dissatisfied look.

 

"Didn't you want me to enter the military?"

"Everything is in order, you stupid son"

 

Eustella who seemed to have understood the outline, she observed the Koi swimming cheerfully in the glass box like aquarium . With her signature pose where she folded her arms while one hand touched her cheek, she then started the conversation again.

 

“Ara ara~ so a normal size goldfish like this is also a rare item huh?”

“Wait, our explanation isn't finished yet. And this is the best part, you won't believe it. But believe me, this goldfish has mutated and can be categorized as a monster.”

“Hoiii, Mr. Dorem. You're making things even more complicated you know."

 

Dorem who had been observing the aquarium with Eustella now turned to Azel. But this time his expression was more cheerful, he was like a neighbor who suddenly appeared at your door to deliver a good news.

 

“You must have heard the term 'rare monster' right? A different monster from the herd of the same sex? Mutations between mutations? Mutations normally affect many factors in living things, most notably their size and appearance. But there are times when it doesn't work and produces perfect mutations without much change from the original form."

"Ara~?"

“...Shit”

"Right? Because it has mutated, this fish must have immunity to natural 'mana' and will certainly not become a monster like the others. And this immune trait is certainly passed on to the offspring, although it is not perfect and fades after several generations, but if handled properly, cultivation can be done at least as long as the mother is still alive. The first generation must have the highest immunity, and must be placed separately from the other generations. At least this is the idea that sparked the cultivation all those years ago.”

“They must have gone wrong with the procedure, Father. Or maybe there is sabotage from the other party who doesn't want cultivation to develop.”

“Unfortunately they gave up quickly with the many casualties that fell, placing so many seeds in one pond was definitely a disaster. Once there is one that mutates, it will surely eat other small one. What's more, the Elves don't eat meat and consider it a waste of time, energy and life. Research to create broodstock with permanent immunity has been neglected, what's more, many hunter groups consider this cultivation as a threat to their livelihoods. At first I thought so too, but now that I think about it. If it can be applied it means it can also be imitated, and it can minimize the dangers we face on the hunt in the Magnild Swamp. Because indeed hunting Koi is very, very difficult without very mature preparation…”

"Father! Your explanation is too long and spreads all over the place."

"Listen you stupid son, you should take your father's experience as a lesson. You know that they once those people had the initiative to import Koi from outside the Kingdom?”

“That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard? To this wilderness? How much do they want to sell it for?”

“Oh! I’m surprise we are like minded”

 

This father and son's bullshit has become fierce, this two now discussed topics about the competence of local governments, people's purchasing power, century poor infrastructure and other complaints about technology and so on. Eustella seemed to be enjoying their conversation but Azel realized that their conversation had gone too far.

 

"Hmm, mutation huh? Can humans also mutate? I mean, there are other races. But that's not the mutation we're talking about right?”

“Why do you think humans can use magic? Stupid blonde!”

"Eh? Are there really people who can't do magic?... Well that's true, but can't it be trained? Like me as example, I can cast a magic spell the other day”

“You're abnormal case, can't you cast sword magic and use accel? Everything that uses Mana, can be classified as magic. You already magic user to begin with”

“I'm sure everyone can use Shundo if trained Zel-chan, all living things have chakra right?...Ah! I forgot that you guys call it Mana huh?”

“The quality of Mana for each person is different at the start, true it can be increased with training. Still, no matter how hard you train the results will be different for each person. There are even people who find it very difficult to use magic their whole life despite doing everything, it's a different story when using drugs and illegal doping... ... ...since when have you been standing next to me!?”

"Eh? I hear your conversation is getting more exciting, I think it's a shame to miss it. This potion from Arban is really effective, the price is really worth it. My hangover is disappeared in the first gulp”

 

The lively Kain suddenly appeared standing next to Azel, he took another sip of the liquid from the Potion bottle he was holding. Sacrificing one Potion to join their stupid talk, Azel himself would probably do it. Because he needed to be fully conscious with the woman he considered as living abomination was here.

“Ara rara~ If it's true that this animal is such a rare and important animal as I just heard. Surely it also has a special economic value, right? Can you give me a reference for the price in the market? It's because I didn't expect that these two handsome men would give me this exotic fish. And consuming it must be either a waste or an insult to your amazement.”

'This bitch finally got her venom out'

“Of course of course the value is very high, especially if it's a female. Its value would probably be in the thousands of Gald! You better talk to the Major to find a potential buyer or start an auction in Odheart”

“Ara rara~ That high? ...looks like I need to give my thanks to you Azel~ Cain too!”

"Eh? It's not extraordinary, a man must be able to keep his promise. Right, Zel-chan?”

"Yeah, that's how it is hahahaha"

"Is that so? Ha ha ha ha"

 

Once again they both laughed with cold expressions, Dorem and Sido once again looked at each other and looked a little uncomfortable.

 

"Well then, looks like I'll have to say goodbye one more time"

"Ah! Wait, Miss! Before you put it in your Ring, let me take a picture of it for a moment. It's a rare moment I mean, who knows when we'll be able to see it again. I also want to show it to my comrades in the village, as conversation matterial”

"Take a picture? Do you have a camera, Father?"

 

Dorem stopped Eustella's hand movement that seemed to want to touch the big Glass Box after wearing the Ring that Azel gave her, Then he moved his finger to touch a blue crystal that was hanging around his neck. Azel can feel that Dorem is channeling his Mana into the object, at first he thought it was just an accessory because there wasn't only one crystal hanging there.

“Ara~? Is that a camera? Magic Camera with 'mana' as power?”

“Ho ho, it has a mechanism like a Kalpa tree when attacked. Expending special energy and being able to record surrounding events within a certain radius, the identity of that pesky 'Mist Monster' must be obtained by now. Don't tell your mother anything about it, it's quite expensive though."

"As long It's not gambling, okay father"

“Umm Dorem-san, regarding the 'Mist Monster' you talking. Yesterday we do met them, we ran away though."

"What!?"

 

Azel nudged Cain before he finished speaking, then continued.

 

“Sorry in advance, Dorem Sir, if we only mention it now, but with all the things that happened yesterday we don't have the time to say it. We can say if the 'Mist Monsters' you guys are looking for are the Bisrakh Knights who were also caught yesterday, maybe that's also the reason Madam Coda sent Sido last night”

 

Dorem and Sido looked at Azel with surprised expressions, in contrast to that Eustella herself looked at Azel seriously.

 

“...For God's sake! I see!? This... it's big news! Unbelievable!”

"It really makes sense, Father! So they're the culprits!"

“The kingdom has caught them then. Ahhh! Damn it! I was in a hurry to buy this! So it feels like a waste! Damn Bisrakh!”

“You has done the right thing Father! I believe Mother won't be angry if she foun d out either, because this is the situation!”

“You right, at least we can sleep and hunt safely from now… so that's also why they did the 'Total dimensional Lockdown' eh? But? Why are they here, I don’t believe it's just to hunt Koi?”

"That's what I said earlier Father, there..."

“Wait you two, allow me to confirm one more time regarding the information ourside had obtained. If I may ask, how long has this 'Mist Monster' problem bothered you? No, maybe more accurately. When did this problem first arise?”

“Umm maybe two or three months but the Goblins have been voicing their grievances since five months ago. At first we didn't pay attention to them, because they were quite deceitful.”

“Ara~, it's been that long huh...”

 

Eustella looked down as if deep in thought, for a moment then her hand quickly touched the Glass Case and put it in her CR.

 

"I'm guessing you guys have finished taking the pictures haven't you? I'm sorry if I have to withdraw immediately, I want to immediately meet the Mayor of this Town"

"Ahh of course, we're sorry for taking up your time Miss. I can see if you seem to have something important that you need to do immediately”

“Like that, thank you. And Azel~ are you going to Aellery after this?”

“No, I came here from Adelheida. Why do you ask? Didn't you guys come from there too?"

“...”

 

Eustella was silent for a moment as she looked at Azel and then smiled as before.

 

“Nothing in particular, I just thought you came in here Illegally. The mayor of this Town might need to know hehehe~”

“Oiii, how do you think I got into this Town in such a dire situation? Jumping over the wall?”

“Arara~ You right, isn't it? Alright then, Mr. Dorem, Sido and Kain too. It’s nice to spend time with you, I hope we can meet again in other time other place. Farewell~"

Eustella turned around and started walking away in the same direction Gabriel had taken earlier. But in contrast to Gabriel whose figure disappeared after quite a distance, Eustella turned around and shouted at them.

 

"Azeeel!!! Don't rush back to Istora! I told you that I sent a message to Endario about you right?! He definitely wants to meet you soon!!!”

"Yes!!! If you meet him first, say 'Good Luck' to finding me!!!”

“I also didn't forget to send an 'email' to the Union Guild in Istora regarding your presence here to my acquaintances, I'm sure many bounty hunters would also like to meet you!!!”

“... ... …tell them to 'Fuck Off' if you run into them too! You damn snake!!!”

“Huhuhu~ Okay!!! Bye bye Azel~! I hope you die!!!"

 

Eustella smiled cheerfully and turned to walk away once more, Azel who couldn't hide his annoyance created a fireball and threw it into the sky. The fireball exploded with a very loud sound and it made Eustella turn back to Azel after looking up at the sky for a moment, a smile still on her face but somewhat there a dark aura that seemed to creep out from behind her body. Azel smiled sarcastically without saying anything, he then turned to ignore her and walked with light steps back to their table.

 

"Alright everyone, let's have breakfast"

"Zel-chan? What is..."

“Azel...”

 

Kain and Sido spoke at the same time, Kain stopped after hearing Sido. And with that Sido continued to ask with a curious look.

 

“Azel… is she your ex?”

 

Azel immediately looked at him with an expression of disbelief and visible disgust then answered.

 

“Fuck No!!!”

 

###

 

“I should have shot more fireballs into the air, who knows Gabriel might mean something else. It's like, maybe he'll take it as an emergency signal and start to kill everyone. I wanted to see what that bitch's face looked like when she was behind bars, maybe she'll start to learn to smile like a horse. And if that were to happen, I would be willing to give all my money right now just to see it all even if it only lasted for a few seconds.”

Azel chattered curtly on their way back from Adali, he still seemed dissatisfied with what had happened to them and Eustella. Now that the Lizardmen Village they were going to was in sight and it was like giving a signal for Azel to express all the grievances in his chest before he regretted it later, Dorem just smiled slightly as if realizing something. Kain and Sido didn't say anything because they were having fun with their snack, which is a large Crocodile brand Keba. And from the name of it, it might contain the animal's meat... maybe.

“Que Sera Sera Zel-chan, water has spilled from the glass…”

 

0