20. A Step Foward
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Maybe this one is better, the material is quite thin but warm at night"

"Hoo, is this what's in those movies? Incognito on the run, all I needed to do was hide my hair and leave my eyes to see the way. Hehehe, I will have a myriad of stories for my other sibling once I get home"

"It would be better if my Grandfather's research on the 'invisible' robe has been completed, but unfortunately there is still no progress. But from what I heard from my uncle Mifa, there is a special Unit in Elvia that has similar items and is very similar to the one described in Harry Potter."

"Oida? Do you know Harry Potter?"

"Of course, it's so famous! My grandfather even named his hunting team Slytherin you know!"

"Ehhhh!!!? Why not use Gryffindor?"

"Because it has been used by other groups"

Fio and Remi are seen choosing a veil that she will use on the way while conversing, occasionally Fio performs a twisting motion in front of the mirror to see the overall look of herself.

"You guys just go straight to 'Renya' on the Northeast from here, returning to Adali is not a good choice in my opinion. Well, you can just take a shortcut to the East to the protocol road or directly to the Southeast to Odhert. But it all has to go through Magn..."

"No thanks"

"Jura is already in our stomachs, take it easy. I'm sure Kain here able and definitely overcome the other Juras."

"Mmmm if it's as big as yesterday, I'm not sure I can chew it alone"

"WE WON'T PASS THROUGH THAT DAMN PLACE! END THE STORY! And what you mean by other Juras? And you, you want me to help you stomatch it? that Abomination creature!... damn I feel nauseous now"

"Well, who know you need a little 'Shock Terapy' to fight your phobia. This quite worth to try I think, hahahahaha"

"Hahahaha"

Azel gnashed his teeth because he saw Sido and Kain exchanging laughter, Dorem Only sighed over it all but it can be seen if the expression on his face indicates that this middle-aged Lizardman is worried about something else.

"Stop teasing other people's shortcomings, you two"

"Come on Father, maybe this is the last one we could do. We don't know when we will meet again, right Kain?"

"I heard all phobias are quite difficult to overcome, but if you start eating that meat little by little, it might be quite helpful in short run"

"Stop talking the impossible you fools... hoooooeeeekk"

"I don't know what's going through Mrs. Coda mind, but Azel. I hope you realize that what Mrs Coda gave to you was a very important thing to us, it was a symbol of a covenant or perhaps the greatest treasure from Forest God ever gave us.”

“Yeah yeah I understand… it just… please don't talk to me right now… hooeeekk”

"Hahahahaha"

“Zel-chan your phobia is really problematic you know”

“Ohhh, this isn't what I should be worried about. I should have refused earlier, should I go back and negotiate with the other elders? Oh it's all too late now. Hmmm? What is it?"

Suddenly the atmosphere around them which was quite calm before is turned quite noisy, the other Lizardmen around the settlement seemed to speak louder. They seemed to be welcoming someone who had just arrived because their gazes were fixed on the entrance of the Village, and the figure who had just appeared after climbing the last 'stairs' was a Lizardmen who looked different from the most Azel and Kain had met in the past few days.

That one Lizardman looked slightly larger than the others and had a pair of wings on its back as well as feathers that grew like shiny red hair. He looked friendly and exchanged greetings with the other Lizardmen who approached him, then his sharp eyes looked at Azel's group and with light steps he walked closer to them.

"I’m back Father! Everything is fine right?”

"Sola? Why are you here?”

"Hey, this Village is still my home. Of course I have come back here.”

“What We mean is about your job? Didn't you say there was an order from the Central regarding the search for Fugitives?"

"Ahhh Don't remind me, I'm start furious just think of it. Had to comb the Jansen Area for days and what? Now we're being order to stalking ladies?"

“Stalk?”

“I firmly rejected it, moreover it didn't come from my Boss. In short, we decided to report to Sir Arban in Eda, he's my boss I mean. Moreover with the Total Lock Dimensional Down in active so we can't send messages there right away, and since I can fly… well... I decided to stop by for the night waahahaha”

"That's called skipping work you know!"

“Shut up stupid little brother, what do you know about soldiers dilemma. Who knows this might be the last time you can see your brother alive. Oh well then, where are Mother and others?”

“They are at the Village Hall to help prepare for the emergency meeting, I will be there soon after this. Rapoz with Bisrakh's aid is not a threat to be taken lightly”

“You guys already knows!!!?”

"Mifa came to see our Shaman for a certain reason and Sido saw the Orges from Bisrakh being detained by the Military in Adali, ahhh through the testimony of these two young men we also know that they are the perpetrators behind Mist Monsters who have been terrorizing the hunters around lately"

 

Sola looked at Azel and Kain alternately and gave a small nod to which Kain replied with a greeting.

“They've been here, maybe even before the orders from the center came down, and weren't noticed by the local authorities even by us who have been combing this Jansen Area for days. Duh... I changed my mind Father. I'm not going to stay overnight."

"You should, and it would be best if you left immediately!"

“But Father, at least…”

“Daddy!!!”

Remi who just came out of the house immediately ran fast and threw her body at Sola who swiftly grabbed her and lifted her high into the air with both hands.

 

“HOHO! This is it, my Goddes come! Well father! Let me be here for a little while, please, just an hour!!!”

"Oh my... Do as you please..."

"Daddy! Daddy! Do 'Daddy Power'!!!"

"Okay, okay! Daddy Pooower!!!”

 

Sola poses by spreading his wings wide and then throwing Remi into the air with all his might to be caught again when she falls, he does that for several times. On the other hand Fio jumped out of the window to roll in the air then do a dab as she landed, she was wearing a long cream colored scarf that covered almost all of her head leaving only eyes to see. After a few seconds she raised her head to look the other way and then with another pose she said....

 

“I'm a Ninja...”

 

Except for Kain who was clapping enthusiastically with smile, everyone just stared at Fio who now stand puffing out her chest as if she was very proud of her appearance.

 

"Wow, you look cool Fio-chan!"

"No Ninja wears flashy colors clothes, even more not in the middle of  daytime "

“Hmmph, stupid evil eyes. I'm a brave noon ninja!"

 

Sola who saw all of that stopped her 'Daddy Power' activities, speaking quietly to Dorem and Sido.

 

"Who?"

"Them? Guest kinda, they will leave soon due the current situation”

“Two adults and a little girl, the description does match the one we were given but… Father. Could I, have talk to  them?”

“Your brother also said the same thing, but there is no need to worry. Lady Coda has met and vouched for them, you want to hear the details?”

"Ah then its No. Oi Remi, ready for 'Daddy Power' again?"

“Umm, I want to bid farewell to Fio for now. We're already friend you see."

"Is that so? Alright, go ahead and don't disappoint your friends."

 

Remi who nodded slowly then walked quite quickly towards the Trio who seemed on quarrel, Azel didn't want Fio to do anything strange to attract the attention of many people which would also surely invite unnecessary trouble. However, Fio refused because it was contrary to his motto 'Stylish Ever'.

 

"This is the first time I've heard that she's  befriends with a kid outside the Village, and what's more, Human?"

"They are indeed strange group, I myself somehow can joke and laugh lightly with them"

“Those who are guided by the heavens will always attract people on their way. But for now, Azel, Kain, I think you should leave soon because the sun is already high.”

 

After finally finding a middle ground where Fio could wear the long scarf as long as it didn't cover the entire head which Azel insinuated as the 'Bandit', they were now in front of the village gate to say goodbye.

 

"We'll see each other again, right? Fio?"

“Of course! I promise! I'm still not satisfied and want to explore the surrounding area! Once things calm down, I'll definitely come again! Oh yeah, when I get home I'll send you the sequel to Harry Potter and the 'Side Story'!"

"Eh!? There’s something like that!?”

"Oida! Of course, the Albion who came at this era brought it. This is a hot topic for the past few years, some interesting facts have also been revealed in the Prequel series.”

"I want it, I want it. Thank you so much Fio!”

"Hehe, no problem. And I'll also send how many titles I think are quite interesting, do you have a request?”

Kain who heard their conversation was now muttering softly.

“Hmmmm, Looks like the novel they're talking about is an interesting one. I'm a little curious somehow."

“It was a magical thing when it first came out, a book about the wizarding world that bewitched children all over the world and its phenomena even comes all the way to my classroom. But that was back then, now we have more important things to think about. Mr Dorem…”

Azel realized that the three adult Lizardmen in front of him had turned their faces to Fio and Remi who were still chattering about novel this and that, as if they didn't want to lose any information as they put a serious undivide attention to listen anywords carefully.

“Are you guys seriously fall that deep for a fictional novel?”

"Yeah, well, because we were raised with that story from a young age, it's not just us."

“Tourists from the central continent are the ones who are most responsible for this deep-rooted thing, it's all because there are so many souvenirs they want to bring home from here. So often, they leave things they think they don't need to bring back. Novels and similar reading books are the things that are often left behind, that's where the seeds come from."

"Then? Why do you name your group with a name with a negative connotation anyway? Is it because of the snake?”

“Initially because there were too many groups bearing the names Gryffindor, Gold Gryffindor, Silver Gryffindor, Forest Gryffindor, The Gryffindor of River. And youknow what? The Goblins had a pretty cool name, The Army of Gryffindor”

“The Elves are even crazier, they went so far as to sneak Griffins here. From the 'Beast God' region in the North, even though the Griffin is considered a sacred animal that is protected by the Animus. They don't give up even though many have been arrested for this, but the same cases keep repeating at least every few years!”

“Ha… now I'm curious about the group that has the name Hufflepuff?”

"Them? Seen it yourself, if you get to 'Trenoa' then you will meet them. Their headquarters is locate there.”

"Yeah, because they're hairy... in the truest sense ha ha ha ha"

"Watch your mouth Sola, what you say is quite racist. Ahhh lets get back to the main thing, Azel, Kain be careful on the road and take good care of this girl”

“Oida, my name is Fio!”

"It's okay, I just need to put her in a box when I get to the nearest town and then send it to Adilheida as an express package"

"Hey!!! Evil eyes! Are you serious about what you just said!? How can you treat Lady like that!!!”

"Zel-chan~"

“I'm just kidding fools, stop whineing for every words given by other and grow up! ... okay then, thanks for all thing you has done to us. We split up here Doremifasolasido family~, I hope we can meet again in different occasions! Adieu Bye-Bye~!

“You're right, Sayonara~ I really hope we meet again, Dorem-san, Sido-san and Remi-chan too!”

"Eh? Eh? Umm Au revoir Remi!!!”

Azel stepped lightly and walked away followed by Kain who was still looking at Dorem and the others smiling and waving his hand, Fio who was slightly running after Azel asked a question about the last sentence he said earlier.

Meanwhile, Sido, who had also responded to Kain's farewell, now lowered his hand after the distance between them and Kain's group was far enough. He turned his face to his father and it seemed that his brother and niece were also doing the same.

"Father? You named us with... that for reference? I thought my name was come from a cool stuff."

"Yeah, I also thought my name meant 'sky', because in the military someone referred to it as a foreign language designation like that. Wow, I'm a little shock here”

"Your mother had those idea because of her name, never mind, don't think bad bout it"

"Grandma Mire's name right?...I'm the opposite?"

“That's how it is”

“Ahhhh this is really not cool! Father! I will name my child myself!”

“Whatever! Now hurry up and get ready, we will head to the Village hall after this.”

 

Sido and Sola walked limply as if they had just learned a big secret that shook their soul, while Remi herself did not mind her name because it was similar to the name of her kind grandmother.

Dorem looks at Azel's group in the distance once again, he can be heard taking a deep breath before turning to follow the others. In his heart he prays that the young men can safely reach their destination, because Dorem knows that what awaits them is the fate of a great world. The lizardman with sharp and piercing eyes walked slowly with a small smile on his face, remembering something that was so imprinted on his memory.

 

“Let's have faith in those who walk in the future… it seems you are right, Lord Alexei…”

 

 He murmured softly, repeating the words of a man who this old man used to feel very memorable. However, his short nostalgia suddenly blur with Azel's shouted from a distance, his loud voice echoed and also heard by Sido and others.

 

“IN THE PREQUEL IT WAS KNOWED THAT ALBUS DUMBLEDORE WAS A GAAAAAY!!!”

 

Those sentence suddenly made them all turn towards Azel and say one word at the same time.

 

"WHAT!!!?"

 

The silence lasted a few seconds, and Sido who had been frozen with his mouth open suddenly ran over and shouted to reply with a question.

 

“IS THAT TRUE AZEL!!!? IS THAT TRUE!!!?"

 

Before getting an answer from him, Sido saw in the distance that Fioralba did a 'drop kick' on Azel's face. After that, only her voice could be heard...

 

“NO SPOILER! YOU DONKEY!!!”

 

Sido who saw this limply put his palm on his face and sighed...

 

“Fuck...”

 

 

###

0