Ch.1.2 A horse
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Excerpt from joseph luguins; The System 130 BAR:
“The manor system is the main system of rulership used by most lords in most states. The manor is ruled by a lord who is given land by his liege, the lord will then to split the land between, his demesne which is controlled directly by the Lord himself; the dependent overseen by serfs who owe labor to the lord and free peasant land who pay rent to lord. All the population of a manor is legally subject to the lord.

A smile still on my face, as fake as a whores (not that I’ve met any whores), “father wouldn’t it better if I..” the old Basterds grin just got larger if that's possible. 
“boy now what did I just say” father drawled out. 

An involuntary gulp seems to be forced on me, I know that look. It's the 'do as I say or get beat', look. So unfair, but as I say 'that's life', more taught to say but that's not important.

“you said I’m coming with ya,” I stammered a bit more bitterly than I intended but giving the old man’s laughter away in response well it’s more of a crackle it seems he doesn’t seem to mind my tone if he even noticed it. which he most likely did. He's a perceptive bastard if nothing else.

His seemingly mad crackle is broken up by sudden fits of coughing and wheezing ha God's punishment for mocking me, though whatever discomfit it's causing him doesn’t stop the laughter I don't think even a punch to the gut would stop him from laughing at me. He, somehow, manages to rein himself in before he topples over, his belly fat makes him a bit forward heavy.

“Stop grinding your teeth boy or you’ll lose em” fathers winded response as much as I hate to say contains good advice, teeth are important and no one is more an expert on losing teeth than father.
“ok pa” I reply blowing out a frustrated sigh I don’t understand why he enjoys tormenting me so much. A beating in the morning and ride to the manor how fun.

“now while ya was lazing about on the hill after practice, I was doing something productive” he motions towards the back of the house with his fat thumb.

it's not like you worked me to near exhaustion this morning, the smirk on his face shows that he noticed my annoyance.

“basket is all saddled up” I guess that means I have to get the old horse, as I watch the old man saunter back into the house you could even say he did it confidently I wouldn’t, id say it was more careless than confident especially with his ass hanging out slightly though the distinction doesn’t truly matter to me. swinging my eyes away from father as he enters the warm light of the house to find whether he needs hopefully a belt and cloak to make him presentable wouldn’t want him to get a beating from the lord now would we, a self-satisfied smirk plasters my face with that pleasant thought.

Stretching my poor back muscles, as I make my way to the back ah swinging a heavy wooden stick really takes it out of you, turning the corner and there he was, old basket a spotted brown rouncey. Another thing that separated us from most peasants in the manors' land, we were free peasants after all though the difference in actual status from serfs is minimal at least from what I could tell. Basket seems to have noticed me as the aged horse rears its large head towards me, blowing through its nose, a lob of snot just missing my small body. My smile probably appears much more strained now, the old beast absolutely meant to hit if the disappointment in its large brown eyes is anything to go off anyhow. Is it bully Luther day?

Carefully moving my hand onto the beasts’ brown coat, stroking him slowly to make sure he’s calm if the beast wanted to crush me looking at how small my hand seems it defiantly wouldn’t take much effort from the beast. Giving the beast a winning smile confident and cool, at least I think it is, I walk more a waddle towards the pole that baskets rein and begin to untie it, baskets consent nudges do add some difficulty but it’s not like I have the daring to reprimand the horse, it would crush me.

“boy, pray tell, why isn’t there fooking horse in front of me!” fathers hard shout does always give me ample motivation to speed up. Grasping the reins, I reply “sorry pa, just a minute” barely a shout but I was never very loud, pulling on the reins I begin to move around front “come on boy” I say softly though I say most things softly. The patronizing looks the horse gives me Is slightly embarrassing, but he follows so the point was understood, and you should never be embarrassed about something that works.

As make my way around the corner, I’m surprised to see that father did make himself seem presentable. With a thick woollen black riding cloak covering a clean green woollen tunic, which I didn’t know he had, his face his hair no longer is allowed to fall whoever it so pleased was tied up behind his head, though no change to the scrappy beard, it's shocking he almost looked like he doesn't eat shit.

“come on boy were losing daylight” although the rugged sound of his voice will quickly dispense that misguided notion.
quickening my steps I pass baskets reins over to farther, as he moves to grasp It I manage to get a flash of what’s under the cloak, a sword, my jaw tenses whys father bringing a sword?.

Father carefully places his large foot on the stirrup and effortlessly swings himself over Basket.

why? there’s never any bandits on the road we're only a 10-minute ride away from the manor after all. He’s never taken a sword befor… “what ya doing boy” father sticks his rough hand out to help me up, I glance at his eyes something seems different in them, they look sad? No, they look serious, fathers never serious.

I quickly move my hand to grasp his outstretched one. The rough scars on his hand seem to radiate an unexpected warmth as my small hand is enclosed in his. He hardens his grasp before yanking me on the saddle.

“Well then, off we go, YA” he proclaimed kicking for Basket to move forward, I quickly wrap my arms around father's large waist as the sudden acceleration almost launches me off the old beast, father feeling my arms tuging at his waist just laughs. It seems I have some thinking to do as we make our way towards the manor. At least the scenery is nice.

0