Chapter 5 – Secrets
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the moment my eyes met hers, I was captivated by nearly every facet of her being, though some aspects stirred a subtle unease. She possessed a height that surpassed most, moving with a graceful elegance that belied her strength; there was nothing fragile about her. Picture her with me: skin alive and radiant, features delicately sculpted, eyes vast and enigmatic like the depths of a midnight sky, and her hair—a breathtaking cascade of rich, luscious strands that flowed like twilight itself when unbound. I’d run my fingers through it, marveling at its weight and silky texture, its deep brown hues kissed by golden sunlight. In moments of privacy, she’d relax, speaking in soft tones as I reveled in the luxurious feel of her hair—twisting, braiding, letting it fall in gentle waves.

“Isn’t it surprisingly heavy?” I’d whisper.

Yet, a veil of mystery shrouded her, an enigma I felt from our first encounter. Despite the warmth of her trust, there was an impenetrable fortress guarding her personal history, her family’s secrets.

“Why keep everything so hidden?” I asked once, my frustration evident.

“It’s not for me to reveal,” she answered with that enigmatic smile.

I should have heeded the ominous warnings from the woman in velvet’s dark attire, but the mystery ignited a relentless curiosity within me—a flame I couldn’t extinguish without answers. Was confiding in me truly a risk? Did she doubt my discretion or loyalty? My assurances fell on deaf ears as she maintained her silence.

“Can’t you trust me?” I pleaded, trying to meet her elusive gaze.

With a gentle yet firm tone, she replied, “Some truths are best left unsaid.”

Despite my longing for understanding, she remained resolute—her refusal oddly mature for her age. We didn’t argue over it; she avoided conflict. Pressing her about this hidden aspect felt improper and rude, yet I couldn’t quell my curiosity. Looking back, perhaps some mysteries should have stayed veiled.

The fragments of her story she shared were frustratingly vague, mere hints:

First, she whispered, “I go by Victoria.”

Second, with a distant gaze, she admitted, “My lineage dates back as far as the stars.”

Third, pointing to the horizon, she murmured, “My home lies where the sun bids the day farewell.”

But probing further—her family’s name, their crest, their domain, or even their country—remained elusive. I wasn’t pestering for answers; I sought glimpses of her past. Sometimes, I asked more directly. Yet, like a shadow in the night, clarity eluded me.

“Please,” I pleaded one evening as moonlight spilled through the window, casting ethereal patterns on the floor, “why keep your past veiled in shadows?”

“No matter how you charm or cherish me,” she replied with defiance wrapped in tenderness, “the mystery of my existence remains unspoken.”

She quickly soothed any rising frustration with sweet sorrow and gentle reassurances, making confrontation seem futile. Her expressions of affection and trust in my integrity, coupled with cryptic assurances of eventual clarity, tempered any anger I might have felt.

“Listen,” Victoria implored, drawing me close in an embrace that carried layers of emotion in her voice. “Don’t judge me harshly for being bound by forces beyond my control. While your heart yearns for answers, mine bleeds with empathy. Embracing what shames me also brings me profound joy.”

In those intimate confessions, each word a tender caress on my soul, she painted a blurry vision of passion mingled with pain.

“Darling,” she continued, her grip tightening as kisses rained down like morning dew. Her eyes held an otherworldly gleam, hinting at centuries of hidden truths. “Our lives are intertwined in ways that lead you to others as I am drawn to you. Embrace this exquisite torment, for it is a facet of love. Trust me, even when understanding eludes you.”

Her impassioned words left me in awe yet longing for clarity—adrift in a sea of poetic phrases woven with the ebb and flow of her enigmatic spirit.

Though rare, I yearned for moments of freedom from her intense embrace. Yet, in those fleeting instances, my resolve wavered. Her whispers were like a siren’s song, lulling my resistance to sleep until she released me from her entwining hold.

"Why do you resist?" she would purr, her breath a ghostly caress against my neck.

In her enigmatic presence, my feelings were a whirlwind of conflict—a tantalizing thrill tainted by an unsettling mix of dread and revulsion. During such bewildering encounters, thoughts eluded me. But one truth remained—I was entangled in an affection that bordered on worship, shadowed closely by loathing. This contradiction puzzles the mind, and yet it is the only way to describe the tempest within me.

1