Chapter 26
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The knock on the door was soft, almost hesitant, a stark contrast to the tumultuous thoughts that had been swirling in David's mind. He rose from his chair, setting his glass down on the side table, and made his way to the door. As he opened it, he was met with the familiar face of Maude, her eyes filled with concern.

"David," she said, her voice soft with worry. "I hope I'm not intruding. I just... I was worried about you."

David managed a small smile, stepping aside to let her in. "Not at all, Maude," he said. "I could use the company."

He led her into the living room, gesturing for her to take a seat on the couch. He went to the kitchen and returned with a glass of wine for Maude, and refilled his own glass with bourbon and coke. As he handed her the wine, he noticed her hands were trembling slightly.

They sat in silence for a moment, the only sound the soft clink of their glasses as they took sips of their drinks. Finally, Maude broke the silence.

"I remember when Lena moved in across the street," she began, her voice barely more than a whisper.

"It was 2007. I was worried about Crispin, you know. He was getting old, and he seemed... troubled. "David nodded, encouraging her to continue. He had suspected that Maude knew more than she let on, and now it seemed she was ready to share.

"Crispin had been living in your house for decades," Maude continued, her gaze focused on the wine in her glass. "But when Lena came, she bought the house across the street and moved him in with her. That was the last I ever talked with Crispin."

She took a deep breath, her grip on her wine glass tightening. "He was always a bit of a recluse, but after he moved in with Lena, he became even more withdrawn. He rarely left the house, and when he did, he always seemed... haunted."

David listened in silence, his mind racing. He had known that Crispin was troubled, but hearing Maude's account added a new layer of complexity to the man's character. He was not just a murderer, but a man tormented by his past, a man who had lived with the weight of his sins for decades.

As Maude continued to speak, sharing her memories of Crispin and her worries for him, David found himself feeling a strange mix of emotions. There was anger, of course, at the man who had committed such heinous acts. But there was also a sense of pity, a feeling of sadness for a man who had lived with such torment.

The conversation continued for over an hour, Maude sharing her memories and David listening, his mind working to piece together the complex puzzle that was Crispin's life. As the night wore on, David found himself feeling a strange sense of gratitude towards Maude. Her visit, her concern, her willingness to share her memories... it was a reminder that he was not alone in this, that there were others who cared, who were willing to help.

-----

As Maude rose from her seat, the air in the room seemed to shift, the atmosphere becoming heavy with unspoken words and lingering memories. David escorted her to the door, his hand lightly touching the small of her back, a gesture of gratitude for her visit and the shared reminiscences. Maude, a woman of age but with a spirit that defied the passing years, offered him a smile that was both warm and tinged with worry.

"Take care, David," she said, her voice a soft whisper that seemed to echo in the quiet room. Her hand, aged and spotted, gently patted his. "And remember, you're not alone in this. We're all here for you."

Her words hung in the air as she stepped out into the cool evening, leaving David alone in the house. As he closed the door behind her, he turned around and found himself face to face with the spectral girl.

She stood in the foyer, her ethereal form glowing in the dim light, her diaphanous gown flowing around her as if caught in an unseen breeze. Her eyes, filled with an insatiable hunger, were locked onto his. The air around her seemed to hum with energy, the house itself reacting to her presence.

David felt a jolt of surprise, but not fear. There was a familiarity in her gaze, a longing that resonated with his own. It was Seraphina! He found himself stepping closer, his heart pounding in his chest like a drum echoing through the silence.

"Hello," he said, his voice echoing in the silence of the house. "I've seen you before."

She didn't respond, but her gaze never wavered. David reached out a hand, not to touch her, but as a gesture of peace, an offer of understanding.

"I want to help you," he said, his voice a whisper. "Can you tell me what you need?"

Seraphina continued to stare at him, her eyes filled with a sadness that seemed to echo through the centuries. David could feel her longing, her desperation, but he didn't know how to help her. He didn't even know if he could.

"I'm going to reveal what happened here," he promised, his voice firm. "I'm going to tell the truth about this house, about Crispin, about you. I won't let your story be forgotten."

As he spoke, David could feel a shift in the air. Seraphina's gaze softened, and for a moment, he thought he saw a flicker of hope in her eyes. Then, she reached out, her spectral hand passing through his own. The sensation was like a jolt of electricity, a sudden chill that made him gasp. But he didn't pull away.

Instead, he let her lead him, her spectral hand guiding him through the house. They moved through the rooms, the house seeming to breathe around them, until they reached the den. She led him to the couch, her hand releasing his as he sat down.

David looked up at her, his heart pounding in his chest. Seraphina stood before him, her form flickering like a candle in the wind. He didn't know what was going to happen next, but he knew he was ready to face whatever the house had in store for him.

Seraphina's movements were slow, deliberate, as she began to shed her spectral gown. It fell from her shoulders, pooling around her feet like a puddle of moonlight. David watched, his breath caught in his throat as her ethereal form was revealed. She was beautiful, her body glowing with a shimmering light, her curves soft and inviting.

David was rooted to the spot, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched her. He was under her spell, captivated by her ethereal beauty and the raw sensuality of her actions. He felt a stirring within him, a primal desire that was both shocking and intoxicating.

Seraphina knelt before him, her eyes never leaving his. Her hands reached for his belt, her fingers deftly unfastening it. David could only watch, his breath coming in ragged gasps as she undressed him. His pants were discarded, followed by his boxers, leaving him exposed under her gaze.

David felt a rush of vulnerability, a stark nakedness that went beyond the physical. He was baring himself to her, not his body, but his soul. He was opening himself up to her, to the house, to the past. It was terrifying and exhilarating all at once.

Seraphina leaned forward, her ethereal lips parting as she took him in her mouth. David gasped, his hands gripping the edge of the couch as a wave of pleasure washed over him. It was unlike anything he had ever experienced, a sensation that was both physical and ethereal.

His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions. He was lost in the sensation, in the pleasure that was building within him. He could feel the spectral girl's mouth on him, her tongue teasing him, driving him to the edge of ecstasy.

David closed his eyes, his head falling back as he surrendered to the pleasure. He could feel Seraphina's presence enveloping him, her energy intertwining with his. It was as if they were becoming one, their souls merging in this moment of shared pleasure.

The room around them seemed to fade away, the walls of the house disappearing as they were lost in each other. All that existed was the Seraphina and him, their bodies entwined in a dance as old as time.

David could feel himself teetering on the edge, the pleasure building within him reaching a fever pitch. He was lost in the sensation, in Seraphina, in the house. He was a part of it all, a part of the history, a part of the story.

And then, with a gasp, he was falling, tumbling over the edge into a world of pleasure and release. He could feel Seraphina with him, her presence a comforting warmth as he rode the waves of his climax.

As the pleasure began to ebb, David opened his eyes. Seraphina was still there, her ethereal form glowing in the dim light. She was looking at him, her eyes filled with a sadness that tugged at his heart.

0