[FDJ]Chapter 49: Servant Profile: Brunhilda(Lancer?)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Regent Queen Brünnhilde of Austrasia

Brünnhilda (German: Brynhildr), also known as "Berenhild," is a shield-bearing female warrior in Norse mythology and is often associated with being a Valkyrie. However, this is merely the depiction of Brünnhilde that eventually evolved into a mythical story.

While Brünnhilde did indeed exist, she was neither a Valkyrie nor a cursed sinner. The real Brünnhilde was simply an ordinary princess of the Visigothic Kingdom, as described in chivalric novels. She fell in love with, or rather, truly fell in love with King Sigríbel I of Austrasia at that time. But these details are not important, as they alone do not qualify her as an important character in the Norse mythologies sung by poets.

After the death of King Sigríbel I of Austrasia (575 AD), she made her son the king and herself the regent, becoming the actual ruler of the Kingdom of Austrasia. Thereafter, to tightly control power, she successively placed her grandson and great-grandson on the throne. In reality, Queen Brünnhilde, who was still regarded as a barbarian princess, continued to command the entire nation.

Initially, she was a wise ruler, but as time passed, her story became an ironic tale, akin to a fairy tale. The once beautiful, wise, and brave queen transformed into an unpredictable tyrant. Although she had the blood of the Visigoths flowing through her veins, she admired the ideals of ancient Rome, bringing both the civilization of the past and a painful period to the Kingdom of Austrasia.

In the end, this tyrant who successfully took control of the Kingdom of Austrasia did not meet a peaceful death like her husband did. Her archenemy, Clothar II, the future king who unified the Kingdom of Francia, defeated her army. Brünnhilde alone was hanged and exposed for three days before being dragged to her death by a carriage.

There was no hero Siegfried, no magic ring, no romantic redemption or love. All that remained were tragedy and helplessness. The mortal Brünnhilde only experienced the taste of royal power in her life and ultimately died a miserable death because of it. Perhaps, before her death, she could never have imagined that she would become the Valkyrie Brünnhilde in Norse mythology hundreds of years later. After all, she believed that becoming a witch was far more real than being a sacred Valkyrie.

=====================================================

Class: Lancer

Origin: Historical fact & Norse mythology

Region: Kingdom of Francia

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Gender: Female

Height: 170cm

Weight: 52kg

Weapon: Armor, heavy spear

Noble Phantasm: None.

=====================================================

[Ability Parameters]

Strength: B-

Endurance: A

Agility: A

Mana: B+

Luck: C

Noble Phantasm: A+

=====================================================

[Class Skills]

Magic Resistance: B

Nullifies magic spells with up to three verses. Even large-scale magecraft rituals will hardly inflict damage on her.

Riding: B

Derived from her tales of riding a divine horse as a Valkyrie. Originally capable of freely riding and controlling all beasts and mounts below the level of divine beasts.

If we were to go by the tales, this skill should be ranked A or higher, but because Brünnhilde herself dislikes her identity as a Valkyrie, this skill is downgraded to B. Mounted combat on horses poses no difficulty for her.

Divinity: -

There seems to be a trace of divinity associated with her, but in reality, due to her rejection, she has lost the E-level divinity she could have obtained.

====================================================

[Personal Skills]

Vain Rune: -

Originally possessed the primordial runes that governed the Nordic region. These runes are not the same as the runes used in modern magecraft but are primordial runes with divine power discovered by the Nordic god Odin in the world.

This is the only point that remains unchanged. In life, Brünnhilde was not only the regent queen who held power but also a terrifying barbarian witch in the hearts of the people. Anyone who dared to defy her would be mercilessly killed by her in extremely brutal ways. This included the mother of King Clothair II, who became her eternal enemy. Losing the Valkyrie state automatically means losing this skill.

Queen of Austrasia: A

If within the territory of the original Kingdom of Ostrasia, this skill will reach A rank. Brünnhilde's overall attributes increase by one rank, and she gains a certain level of leadership ability. Her luck receives an additional rank boost (originally E). For her, the battlefield of the Battle of Chalon is equivalent to fighting on her home ground.

Valkyrie: -

Brünnhilde despises being hailed as a holy and pure Valkyrie by future generations, and she can willingly abandon her identity as a Valkyrie in regions with low influence. (Decreases Strength, Endurance, and Agility by one rank loses Magic and Riding abilities. Gains Caster class abilities to compensate. Acquires the following class skills: Item Construction C, Territory Creation B, High-Speed Incantation C.)

Witch: - (Sealed)

This ability is activated when Brünnhilde abandons her Valkyrie identity. Her class changes from Lancer to Caster. Her spear, a Noble Phantasm, transforms into a staff, and her Magic attribute increases by one rank. She gains access to a series of Gothic dark magics.

Cruel Monarch: C (B)

The evaluation earned by Brünnhilde throughout her achievements in life, which she considers to be her true identity. If possible, she wishes for her name to be remembered as the Queen of Austrasia. As for that tragic Valkyrie who succumbed to love... she doesn't acknowledge herself as herself.

This skill weakens the leadership, emperor's privilege, and other "kingly" attributes of enemies while slightly boosting the combat prowess of her army.

After transforming into a witch, this skill's rank increases to B, further enhancing its effects. It can nullify skills of the "kingly" nature up to rank C.

Noble Phantasms:

Until Death Separates Us (Brynhildr Romancia)

Rank: B-

Classification: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

Range: 1

Maximum Number of Targets: 1 person

A massive silver spear was created through the intense love and hatred of Brünnhilde. The length and weight of the spear vary according to Brünnhilde's emotions. Its weight can reach up to five tons, making it a heavy weapon of great mass.

Brünnhilde, who rejects her Valkyrie nature, causes the effectiveness of this Noble Phantasm to decrease to B-. Limited to Valkyrie state.

Until Judgment Comes Upon Me (Brynhildr Tragedy)

Rank: A

Classification: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm

Range: 1-50

Maximum Number of Targets: 10 people

Limited to witch form. This true Noble Phantasm can be used by Brünnhilde in her witch form, where her spear transforms into a staff. It manifests her appearance as the queen who ruled over the Kingdom of Austrasia, unleashing cursed magical power upon all enemies in the vicinity. From a magical perspective, this attack is comparable to a dragon's breath. It has weak effects against enemies with saint-like attributes.

Journey of the Lone Shadow of the Underworld (Brynhild Komédia)

Rank: EX

Classification: Special Attack Noble Phantasm

Range: 1-99

Maximum Number of Targets: —

No one truly understands what Brünnhilde truly desires, including herself, except for a strong desire to make a wish for the Holy Grail. From her naive days as a foreign princess to her decades-long reign as the regent queen of Austrasia, what was she truly seeking in her life? Perhaps she understood it after the death of her husband, Sigebert I, but the fate goddess, like the mythological Odin, placed a curse on her in her subsequent life path. It was her destiny.

She liberates her full magical power, destroying everything, including herself, in the ultimate form of runic magic. Only at that moment does Brünnhilde's magical prowess resemble the divine authority bestowed by Odin.

This Noble Phantasm is not limited to a specific class. Brünnhilde in her Lancer (Valkyrie) form can also use it. After activation, Brünnhilde will invariably self-destruct. (Mad Enhancement +1)

1