Chapter 13 – Games, Bandits and Arrival!
84 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And that's the story." I said after explaining the whole story of Kaleen to the other party members.

"Please take care of me." Kaleen shyly said as she bowed.

"Of course, we will." Sharica and Zia nodded as they both smiled.

Right now, we are gathered on the dining as it was now the meetup time but unlike before, we have a new party member, who was our party's chef, Kaleen who was now wearing better clothes than before after we ventured through several stores and bought several necessities for her, though our package right now are extremely heavy as we were bringing all our belongings.

But thankfully, the magic bag works well otherwise I would be long dead before we even get to the gate considering that I am the only male in the party as of right now, I wonder when we will find another male party member like Oturo, that guy had the muscles.

"Well then, let's head off to the carriage." Zia said as we all nodded before we started walking towards the coach house which was a few distance away from the inn, it was close because the inn is a place where travelers gather and most of them have their own carriages.

As we arrive in the coach house, we saw a large crowd waiting on their own carriages, most of the carriages were built with wood and leather which was as expected from another world though there were exceptions with some carriages not having leather covers at all and was fully built with wood.

"It's a little bit on the back." Zia said as she led us the way to the carriage which was at the furthest, the coach we own is an enclosed, eight-horse-drawn carriage, it seems to weight about 4 tons and is about 25 feet long and 14 feet high.

The coach had golden carvings carrying the kingdom's emblem alongside impressive artworks on its door, the exterior of the coach carried the air of triumphant which most likely reflects the power of the kingdom.

Upon entering the carriage, we were immediately greeted by an interior that is lined with velvet and satin together with extremely comfortable seats. The interior was large enough to fit all of us which was not really a surprise considering that this was a carriage for royalty.

"Wha-what is this?" Kaleen shouted.

"I know what you are thinking." Alice said before taking a seat together with Elise, who was excited.

I am rather surprised by how Alice was not shocked to see such an expensive and luxurious carriage.

"Stop being on a daze, go sit down." Zia said before we sat down on our respective seats.

After taking our seats, a few men wearing uniforms similar to that of knights arrived, their uniforms carried the emblem of the kingdom.

"Where will we be heading, your Highnesses?" One of them approached us through the door and asked, the man was exactly one of those ikemens you find on novels.

"To the city of Amicita." Zia said with a tone befitting of a Queen, not just her tone but her aura overall had changed to that of a Queen.

"Yes!" The man shouted as he saluted before closing the door and marching to the driver's seat, after a few seconds the coach immediately started moving.

"Well then, what do you guys want to do in the meantime?" Zia asked as she looked at us.

Kaleen was still on a daze, muttering things such as "Is this a dream?" while Elise was looking at the back window with a happy face as she looked at the two other carriages following us.

The two carriages behind us also carried the royal emblem, if I had to guess they were our escorts which was understandable considering that the Queen who was vital to the whole Kingdom was on this ride.

Alice, on the other hand, was just staring at Elise while combing her hair, she seems uninterested at anything else right now while Sharica was reading some kind of book with a drooling face, I wonder the book is about food.

"How about we play chess?" I suggested after considering how boring this journey will be, the others seem to agree except for one.

"Where do we even get it?" Alice asked, I totally forgot about this issue but thankfully it was solved quickly.

"Here." Zia said as she took out three chess boards with their respective pieces alongside three tiny tables that fit the inside while not taking up much of our leg space.

Immediately, we grouped into three with two people each, the groups goes as follows, me versus Alice, Sharica versus Zia, and Elise versus Kaleen.

"I don't know how to play the game." Kaleen had a troubled face as she doesn't know how to play the game, not that Elise also know how to play as well but Alice came to the rescue once again and taught them two from the rules to the mechanisms of the game, her teaching took about an hour.

"Now, how about you two play while I watch." Alice said before the two of them nodded and started playing.

Alice observed their match and told them their mistakes every time they make one causing our match to be delayed, meanwhile, Sharica and Zia were on full focus mode with Zia having the advantage.

"I will not lose." Sharica declared.

"Nor will I." Zia responded.

They hadn't even reached their second match when the intensity was at peak with both of them having a weird smile while smiling creepily, but still they seem to be having fun, so we left them on their own.

An hour had passed when Elise and Kaleen finally got a hang of the game, and it was finally mine and Alice's time to play.

Our match was rather boring with me always on the losing end, her knowledge on this game far surpasses mine despite the two of us having similar IQs.

We kept playing until one of the escorts knocked on the door telling us that we had arrived at a town close to Amicita.

Normally, it should take only one day to the city but the traffic was extremely high right now, therefore, we had to take a detour onto another town that was a few hours long to the city.

After the escort notified us, we immediately exited and entered an inn. It was already night time, therefore, we had to take a break, thankfully we had arrived at the town before the gates closed.

The inn we were staying at was a rather luxurious one, it was the most luxurious inn in the town and had guards all over the building taking watch, from the signboard outside the building I learned that the inn's name was Fantasia Inn which was actually a good name if I had to say.

After entering the inn, we were immediately greeted by a large room that had luxury on them, there were statues that were made of gold, it was a spectacle, I looked around the room when suddenly I saw a statue of a familiar woman.

I looked at Zia as I compared the statues before nodding.

"What's wrong." She asked while tilting her head but I laughed it off, she must be used to it.

"How will our room arrangement be?" After walking, we had arrived at the counter when Zia asked.

"Depends on you." Sharica said while Kaleen and Elise talked with each other, the two of them are getting along better than I expected.

"Mhm." Alice just nodded, leaving me the only one who hadn't responded.

"How about three people, each room?" I suggested after considering the fact that we had two children at our party and it would be careless of us to leave them in their own rooms.

"That should work, does anyone have any complaint?" Zia said as the others nodded.

Immediately after the declaration, Zia went to the counter and showed a golden card before the reception was shocked and immediately panicked calling the manager.

"Excuse me for not greeting you earlier, your Highness." A man that looks like the manager came out and bowed down as he greeted.

"That is no problem." Zia said.

"How many rooms would you be taking, your Highness?" The man asked.

"We would like two rooms that fits three people each." Zia said before the manager nodded and registered our rooms before guiding us with a large business smile.

After being guided, we immediately entered our respective rooms, and was surprised to see an extremely luxurious room.

The rooms we had on Elicia was nothing compared to this, as there were gold carvings everywhere added with extremely beautiful paintings, it was similar to a noble's room if I had to compare.

The bed was even more, it was a king-size bed and was rather enough to fit five people. The bed was extremely fluffy and comfortable, to the point that it can be called heaven instead of the other heaven we arrived at the beginning.

Upon arriving at the room, Elise immediately hopped at the bed before taking a few seconds to dozing off, she couldn't resist the heavenly bed.

"Wake up or you won't get to eat." Alice immediately tried waking her up, but to no avail, knowing how doting she is to Elise, she probably won't wake her up... or so I thought.

She immediately went to the bathroom and after a few minutes came out before picking up Elise and entering the bath once again.

Immediately after they entered, a loud cry was heard, no explanation was needed at all.

I immediately changed my outfit before sitting down on the couch as I waited for them to come out which was thirty minutes later.

After they came out, we immediately went downstairs and met up with the others before going to the dining room and sitting on a large table.

Immediately after sitting down, a waiter and a waitress greeted us and asked for our orders. Alice was looking after Elise as she took down whatever the little girl wanted meanwhile Kaleen had a complicated face but Zia helped her out.

Sharica on the other hand was rather relaxed as she writes down her orders, I opened the menu and found loads of tasty choices.

I immediately realized after messing around that the menu was actually a magic item in which allows you to taste the food, or rather it was a virtual taste.

I then picked my choices before the waiter and waitress bowed down and walked back to the counter where the orders were processed.

"This is impressive desu." Kaleen said with a surprised face.

"Indeed." Alice nodded while Elise was drooling, she probably experienced a little bit too much.

Not long after, more waitress arrived carrying a bunch of food while the waiters arranged the plates and other utensils. The food on the table looked so delicious that I cannot hold my drool.

Elise waited no time as she picked loads of meat and placing them on her plate, her plate was a mess of meat and she seems to rather lack etiquette but none of the people in the dining room spoke a word except one.

"Eat properly and don't forget your vegetables!" Yes, the only one complained was Alice, who scolded her for not having a single vegetable while messily eating.

Elise on the other hand tilted her head as she ignored her own mother and continued eating but Alice was having none of that sadly and placed loads of vegetables on her plate as she smiled creepily.

"Don't wanna!" Elise shook her head while pouting.

"There is only one option." Alice said as she smiled, they continued until the little one surrendered and ate the vegetables.

An hour had passed and all of us had finished eating, we immediately discussed our plans for tomorrow before heading back to our rooms.

"Be sure to wash your feet before going to bed." Alice said to the running Elise.

"Later." Elise said as she hopped onto the bed, but as usual Alice took none of it and picked her up.

I waited after them before going in myself and taking a quick bath after twenty minutes had passed I came out with my sleeping outfit and saw a sleeping Elise on the bed.

"She is quite the child." I said as I sat down beside the bed.

"Just like you." Alice said as she smiled, her smile was extremely beautiful. We stared at each other for a while before slowly closing into each other until someone interrupted.

"Mama and Papa, stop flirting!" Elise who was supposedly sleeping shouted towards us as she hugged the two of us.

"Yes, yes. Let's sleep now." Alice said as she smiled as she kissed Elise's forehead, I followed afterward and kissed Elise's forehead before she smiled brightly.

"Mhm." The two of us nodded and we slept with Elise between us, and that was how our day ended.

The next day, we immediately gathered in front of the inn with the coach already waiting together with the escorts.

"I want to sleep more." Sharica muttered as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"I feel you." Zia nodded.

"Well then, shall we go?" I said before everyone nodded and entered the coach once again, immediately after entering the coach started moving and Elise immediately slept on Alice's lap as she combed her hair.

"Let's play cards this time." I suggested to the other three before they all nodded with Zia taking out cards from her magic bag.

With the exception of Alice and Elise, all of us played the game until the coach suddenly stopped abruptly and we were all surprised.

"Your Highness, there seems to be bandits ahead, please wait inside the carriage as we exterminate them." One of our escorts said as he readied his sword.

"Do you mind us joining?" Zia asked, which surprised every single one of us.

"What you guys looking at, it's quite boring here." She followed up.

"Your Highness, please stay inside as it is quite dangerous!" The escort said but Zia didn't follow as she exited the carriage, immediately all of us sighed inside.

"Alice, you stay here with Elise." I said before taking out my old dagger which was previously cracked, or rather it still is cracked.

The dagger after being taken out immediately shone red as if showing its happiness of being taken out once again, I caressed the blade before exiting the coach.

Immediately after exiting the coach, I noticed something suspicious as there were no bandits that are visible not long after two of our escorts immediately ran towards me holding their swords.

I kicked the door of the carriage forcing it close before parrying one of the swords with my dagger and grabbing a short dagger from my magic bag and throwing it at the other person.

The one whose sword was hit with the short dagger was immediately knocked back together with the one I parried, I took no time and stabbed the shoulder of the closest one which was the one I had parried.

During the time I stabbed the shoulder of the "escort", the other one stood up and stabbed towards me. Immediately, everything slowed down and I was able to see the sword coming towards me.

I moved to the side before kicking the man's stomach with full force knocking him far back with his sword flying in the air, after kicking him, I grabbed his sword and stabbed his hand with a short before stabbing the other one with another dagger I had in my magic bag.

"How's your situation there, Zia?" I shouted as I looked at where Zia was, and saw a three versus one situation. I was about to back her up when suddenly her sword shined golden and immediately the three was sliced in half.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"It's the Holy Knight's special skill." She said when suddenly a shout was heard from behind, I immediately turned around and saw another man burning while also another one frozen in ice.

"Always be careful." A red-haired woman holding a large wand, Sharica said.

"Thanks." I said.

After a few minutes, our real escorts had finally arrived and apologized.

"Where were you guys?" Zia shouted.

"Sorry, your Highness, we were ambushed along the way." The escort said, before explaining everything.

After a while, we immediately went on the move once again with caution this time.

12 hours had finally passed and a large wall can be seen, with a long line of coaches.

"We have finally arrived." I muttered as I stared at the large wall.

We have finally arrived, hooray! I never expected to take so long on writing this chapter, gasp. I want to be blessed with a romance subplot for Alice and Einz. I also haven't revealed Alice's class yet >:)

5