Prologue: A memory of the past.
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The prologue is shorter than the normal chapters since I don't really care about, also I upload on RR too.

Walls shadow over the inside of a nearly collapsed city, despair left and right, plagued by the quietness of death. People exist only to suffer but they exist nonetheless.

 

As the capital’s knights rode on their horses, they passed by the city while on their crusade. After they entered they crossed paths with the desperately ill citizens, one of them being a young starved boy.

 

The young boy appears from the shadows looming over and tries to get the attention of a knight. The knight in question wears a blood covered bandage over his head but his eyes creepily stare through. The young boy signals his mouth as if he was asking for food.

 

The knight ponders about what to do with the boy's situation, he is not allowed to give out food to peasants. He thinks for a second before going to his horse to grab something stashed in the saddle, a sheathed sword. He returns to the boy and drops the sword on his hands, almost failing to catch it.

 

“Become part of my company, and you will be able to afford your own food if you work for it.” The knight said, the boy continued to stare at the sword and mumbled a quiet “Okay”.

 

The knight picked up the boy, almost appalled by his smell but proceeded to put him on the horse, and they continued on the crusade with the rest of the knights. 

Nobody asked a question about the boy, nobody dared to. The rest of the knights remained silent under their iron helm.

 

The famished gave a deadly stare to the boy, however he continued to face the ground as they rode off to the city’s castle. 

0