Chapter 7 – Golden Inn
102 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking off into the sky, the bustling city came into Lu Feng's view. Cultivators on swords whizzed past Lu Feng as he hovered in place to appreciate the gigantic sprawl of Brightmoon City.

The numerous gates of the city and the bustling movement of people and goods in and out of the city brought forth long-forgotten memories of rush hour traffic back on Earth.

Taking in the magnificent sight one last time, Lu Feng descended onto the ground as he had no idea of the city's layout.

Just as Lu Feng was looking for a city guard to inquire about the city, a large plaque mounted on a pole on the side of the street caught his eye.

Lu Feng couldn't help but click his tongue in surprise.

'Damn, they even have a map with prominent places...'

Seeing as he was standing in the middle of the street, Lu Feng moved out of the way and stepped onto the sidewalk, and began to analyze the map, wanting to commit it to memory.

'They even have zoning,' Lu Feng chuckled, his lips curled up.

The residential areas of outer and inner city took up a decent chunk of the city, with the central business zone in between the inner and outer city taking up another large chunk.

The inner city consisted largely of clan and sect estates and other premium businesses. At the center of the city, prominently marked on the map with golden letters, indicating its importance, the Holy Divine Palace and the City Lord mansion.

The other prominent places specially marked on the map included the outer and inner arena.

'Although the info is very basic, it's enough for newcomers to find their way around...'

Beep. The familiar sound interrupted Lu Feng's thoughts.

'System.'

New Information Deduced:

Spirit Stones, Spirit Crystals, Origin Stones, and Origin Crystals form the basis of Currency.

1000 Spirit Stones = 1 Spirit Crystal.

1000 Spirit Crystals = 1 Origin Stone.

1000 Origin Stones = 1 Origin Crystal.

Mortal world currency includes Gold, Silver and Copper coins of various weights or prescribed denominations. The exchange rate is highly dependent on the region.

The inventory on your person is 137,642 Spirit Crystals and 2 Origin Crystals; Totalling to 2,137,642 Spirit Crystals.

'Hmm, not bad for an upstart young master,' Lu Feng nodded in satisfaction.

'I should explore the business district before settling in for the day,' Lu Feng decided to explore the city now that he's familiar with the layout; he jumped on his sword and took off.


Several hours later, Lu Feng decided to settle in for the day and headed toward 'Golden Inn', which according to the peanut galleries throughout the city, is the best hotel in Brightmoon City.

He even suspected these people to be paid actors who were promoting the hotel, but when Lu Feng arrived at the location of the 'Golden Inn', he was thoroughly convinced; the 10 storeys high building with a koi pond out in front and neatly trimmed rows of bushes, along with the high-end clientele indicated that this 'Golden Inn' was indeed legit.

When Lu Feng stepped inside the hotel, the first thing he noticed wasn't the sophisticated interior design or the ungodly amount of precious metals used to decorate everything; it was the density of spiritual energy, which was more than twice that of the outside.

Lu Feng raised his eyebrows as he pondered, 'What a luxurious display of wealth... To maintain such a huge spirit gathering formation supporting so many cultivators isn't just a matter of insane expense, it's quite wasteful... I wonder who the owner is?'

"Welcome, sir, how can I be of assistance." A pleasant voice interrupted Lu Feng's contemplation.

A beautiful young woman dressed in a red cheongsam stood in front of Lu Feng with a welcoming smile.

"I'm new to Brightmoon City, throughout the day I heard that Golden Inn is the best hotel in the city..." Lu Feng replied with a smile as he looked around the hall, "...That indeed looks like the case. I would like a room."

"Thank you for the acknowledgment, young master, I hope you don't mind my form of address, please follow me."

The young woman led Lu Feng to one of the several tables on one side of the hall. Soon, a maid brought a tea set and after filling a cup and setting it down for Lu Feng, she left after a quick bow.

Without any misgivings, Lu Feng picked up the tea cup and after smelling its aroma, drank the tea in one large swig.

"Not bad," Lu Feng said with a smile, nodding his head.

"The young master seems to be a refined and well-to-do gentleman, so I would recommend nothing but the best for the young master..." The young woman paused, seemingly waiting for a reply.

"Lu Feng."

"Nothing but the best for young master Lu; our highest class room comes with a host of services, we could help you procure things, sell or auction things on your behalf, in fact, we could help you with most anything. Of course, some services do have an additional cost.

"The best rooms also have a higher density of spiritual energy than what you can sense here, and you could also hire personal security, all of whom are trustworthy and have a proven track record."

Lu Feng chuckled, 'Not a bad sales pitch...'

"Sure. I would be staying for a month."

The smile on the young woman's face grew brighter as she replied, "Our highest class room costs 60 Spirit Crystals a day, for a full month it would be 1800 Spirit Crystals.

"Golden Inn requires guests to pay in advance; hope the young master isn't inconvenienced."

"Of course not," Lu Feng replied.

With an approving nod, the young woman retrieved a jade box and placed it on the table.

'This looks like the same type used by the guards at the gate... Guess this is the equivalent of a cash register in this world.' Lu Feng chuckled in his heart.

As Lu Feng deposited the money, the jade box began to glow with a white light.

"Thank you for your patronage, young master Lu; here's the token for the room. Our highest class rooms have top-notch security. All of them have anti-eavesdropping, sound isolation, and a Sovereign-class protective array. Without the token, no one can enter the room.

"Please step into the array in the center of the hall and activate the token; you will immediately be transported to your room.

"If young master Lu requires anything, please feel free to call for me at the reception; my name is Xinyue."

Lu Feng got up from the chair, with a polite nod he said, "Nice to meet you, Miss Xinyue; I will look for you if I require any help. Farewell."

Lu Feng walked into the array in the center of the hall, where people kept appearing and disappearing from time to time. With the token in hand, as he thought of entering his room, Lu Feng disappeared from the hall.

A burly man suddenly appeared behind the young woman who just hosted Lu Feng. He spoke with a hoarse voice, "Young Miss, why have you come down to host a guest? Is it someone important?"

Without looking back at the burly man, she replied, "I sensed his bloodline; he's either from the Bai clan or the Baihu clan. That should warrant me coming down, don't you think."

The burly man nodded.

"Alright, let's go." The young woman and the burly man disappeared from the hall.


4