Chapter 16 – The Blessings Of The Ancestors | Reunion
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Wei, the chief guardian of the Baihu Clan stood atop his sword, hands clasped behind his back.

The large sprawling city of Brightmoon came into view.

Li Wei was accompanied by a dozen guards, all with perfection stage Sovereign level cultivation. Li Wei himself was a perfection stage Empyrean cultivator.

This would be a very formidable force anywhere on the continent. Empyrean cultivators at the perfection stage are considered the peak outside of the holy grounds, who could nurture their Sacred Sons and Daughters to levels beyond Empyrean, albeit at a tremendous expense.

Activating the token-finding talisman, Li Wei focused his divine sense with its guidance.

The blurry image of youth sitting at the bank of a pond came into view.

"One and two follow me, the rest set a perimeter around the park. Twelve, stay in the sky and coordinate the situation."

A collective "Yes!" sounded and except for the two people beside Li Wei, the rest dispersed and headed into the city in different directions.

"Let's go!"


Lu Feng who was thinking about what to do with this newfound family of his, suddenly felt a tingle from his sense of perception. This sensation grew with each second.

His perception was warning him of a very strong divine sense locked onto him.

With his perception upgraded, it was no longer going haywire, he couldn't sense a strong harmful intent from the gaze that locked onto him. Relaxing his clenched fist, he began to regulate his breathing.

Soon a dull thud sounded from behind Lu Feng.

'It's time I guess.'

Lu Feng stood up and turned toward the direction of the sound.

He saw a tall middle-aged person accompanied by two men looking intently at him.

A second later, the divine sense that locked onto him completely disappeared.

The middle-aged man, who seemed to be leading the other two suddenly reappeared in front of Lu Feng.

The man had a warm smile and teary eyes. He grabbed Lu Feng by the shoulders, "Young Master, I'm really happy to see you!"

Looking up and down at Lu Feng, the man nodded his head, as if the goods passed the inspection. He reached out to grab Lu Feng's hand and began to examine his pulse.

"By the Ancestor's grace, you are fine! The Patriarch and the family will be happy beyond measure to see you doing fine..."

Li Wei was cut off by Lu Feng's question.

With a puzzled expression, Lu Feng began to play his role, "Sir, may I know who you are? I think you've mistaken me for someone!"

Hearing the question from the clan's young master, someone whom he helped raise as his own, a pang of sadness gripped Li Wei's heart.

Shaking his head, "It's my mistake, I should've accompanied the young master that day...Sigh."

Li Wei reached into his robes and took out a token. It was the same artfully decorated token Lu Feng had in his possession.

"Do you have a token like this young master?"

With a surprised look, Lu Feng showed the token in his hand to the man in front of him.

"I'll explain briefly. Four years ago, you, the young master of the Baihu clan received information of the elusive white tiger seal being in a secret realm.

"You took a few family guards with you and sneaked out of the clan without informing anyone. A trap was set for you in the secret realm, a powerful Empyrean soul cultivator attacked you and the guards, who were killed as they were trying to protect you. You've sustained heavy injuries and were left there to die.

"However with the clan's secret treasure, you seem to have escaped the unstable secret realm. Over the last four years, we were unable to locate you, with only your soul lamp assuring us of your existence.

"Recently, it seems you were able to access your storage ring, we were able to track you using the storage ring... You're the Young Master of the Baihu Clan of the Northern lands. Enduring such a powerful soul attack, we suspected that your memory would be damaged, it seems that is indeed the case."

After patiently listening to the story, Lu Feng pretended to be in a daze, and after a brief pause, spoke with a doubtful look on his face, "Is... Is this true!?"

"I understand this might be strange and unexpected, but this is the truth, You're the Baihu Clan's young master."

Reluctantly nodding his head, Lu Feng questioned the man once again, "Are... Are you someone close to me?"

Li Wei closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Yes, you can trust me! I raised you like my own, I would never do anything to harm the young master."

Lu Feng nodded his head, releasing himself from the man's grip, "I see... Give me a few minutes..."

With a slightly perplexed look, Lu Feng walked towards the bank of the pond and sat down.

Li Wei who saw his young master trying to come to terms with his lost memories, couldn't help but sigh. He decided to wait as long as needed without disturbing his young master.

Lu Feng sat down on the grass, grinning in his heart, 'Acting par excellence as usual. System Space.'


15 Minutes later, a chime rang in Lu Feng's mind.

Items reforged/recompiled. Send the items to your storage ring?

'Yes'

Lu Feng took out the set of seashells from among the new set of items.

These are specialty fate-reading seashells. Normally divination and fate reading cannot be performed unless one cultivates the fate dao or divination dao and has some achievements in it.

These special seashells allow one to read his past fate, it's very limited in its usefulness but it's the best tool for Lu Feng's situation. It also has a requirement to be activated, it needs in its vicinity, someone who's had deep karmic ties to the user.

Casting the seashells on the grass, Lu Feng focused on the seashells rolling in the grass. Lu Feng was out in a deep trance and visions of his host body's past flashed in his mind.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lu Feng regained his senses. He collected the seashells and carefully placed them in his storage ring. He stood up and closed his eyes.

The sun, now nearing the horizon cast an orange hue across the sky and the park was brightly illuminated by the Spirit stone lamps.

When Lu Feng turned around, tears fell from his eyes as he walked towards the man who stood in the same position for what must be an hour.

Li Wei saw his young master approaching him. Looking at the young master's face, Li Wei saw tears that reflected the orange sun. Concerned, he walked towards Lu Feng and held him by his arms.

"What's wrong young master!?"

Lu Feng looked at the man for a brief moment and wiped his tears, "It's nice to see you, Uncle Wei."

Li Wei who heard his young master call him "Uncle Wei" like he used to, was surprised and excited at the same time.

"Did you recover y..."

Li Wei was cut off by Lu Feng's words, "Yes, I recovered my memories. As I was thinking about what you said, I unconsciously slipped into a trance, and when I was back to my senses, I seemed to remember everything!"

Li Wei couldn't contain his excitement and began to guffaw.

"Good! Good! Good! Brat I was worried I would've had to call you young master again. It's indeed the Blessings of the Ancestors! Come, tell me everything that happened."

With a smile, Lu Feng nodded his head, "Let's go to my room first."


3