Chapter 51
166 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucifer saw Malfoy step up, "Meet our new Seeker," Flint said. Another boy stepped forward, one that he didn't recognize.

He must've zoned out during the Sorting because his name was eluded, "and meet our new Keeper."

"Malfoy is your Seeker?!" Hermione asked like she was having a bad dream that she'd eventually wake up from.

“You mad, Granger?" Draco asked her with a nice smile.

"Why would I be mad?" She asked, but didn't give him the chance to answer, "Did you use Daddy's money to buy the whole team Two-Thousand and Ones?"

"So what if I did?" He retorted.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," Hermione said, crossing her arms and feeling victorious, “they got in on pure talent!”

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood!" Draco Malfoy yelled for everyone to hear.

Hermione looked like she was going to cry this time and the Weasley Twins tried to charge Malfoy, but Flint stopped them.

Ron was yelling at him, even drew his wand to retaliate against.

He tried, but because of his broken, taped up wand, the spell backfired and Ron began belching up slugs.

The Slytherin's had just started to laugh, but the air became heavy, and they found it hard to breathe.

The next thing anyone knew, Marcus Flint was lifted ten feet high in the air by some invisible force, with his mouth removed.

The Weasley Twins were also tossed aside as Lucifer walked forward towards Draco Malfoy, looking ready to outright murder him.

Draco couldn't run, he was bound to the spot.

He saw glowing red eyes as he found it hard to breathe, clutched his own throat as he fell to his knees.

Blood was now coming from his mouth and red droplets were falling through his eyes.

It was just so damn terrifying, no one dared enough to open, and face Lucifer's wrath....

The only thing that saved Draco Malfoy was someone interfering.

That someone was Hermione Granger; she placed a hand on Lucifer's shoulder, bringing him out of his murderous trance, “Da-Lucifer... please... he's not worth it..." Hermione begged with him.

His eyes changed back to normal, Lucifer was still looking at Malfoy, who could breathe easily once more, “.....Hermione just saved your life, so if you call her that one more time, mark my words, Draco Malfoy, I will kill you, whether she's there or not," he made his promise.

The both of them turned away from the pathetic Slytherin and Lucifer only just realized Ron had a Slug problem, "Let's take him to Hagrid's, it's nearest," Harry said as he lifted Ron up and carried him all the way there.

Hermione was trailing closely behind them, staring at the back of Lucifer's head, while Draco had a face of huge regret inside, but he didn't have any other choice.

As they neared Hagrid's hut, about twenty feet away, the front door opened, but it wasn't Hagrid that came strolling out, it was Gilderoy Lockhart, wearing robes of palest mauve today.

"Quick, behind here," Harry hissed at them, and dragged Ron behind a nearby bush.

Hermione was eyeing the Professor with disgust.

"It's a simple matter if you know what you're doing!" Lockhart was saying loudly to Hagrid, who looked unimpressed, "if you need help, you know where I am! I'll let you have a copy of my book. I'm surprised you haven't already got one - I'll sign one tonight and send it over. Well, good-bye!" And he strode away towards the castle, his mauve robes trailing after him.

They waited until he was out of sight before pulling Ron up to Hagrid's door.

They knocked Urgently, and Hagrid appeared at once, looking very grumpy, but his expression softened and brightened when he saw who it was, "Bin wonderin' when you'd come ter see me - come in, come in - thought you mighta bin Professor Lockhart back again-"

Harry supported Ron over the threshold into the one-roomed cabin, which had an enormous bed in one corner, a fire crackling merrily in the other.

Hagrid didn't seem perturbed by Ron's slug problem, which Harry was explaining as he lowered Ron into a chair.

"Better out than in," Hagrid said cheerfully, plunking a large copper basin in front of him, "Get 'em all up, Ron."

Lucifer just stood near the wall, leaning up against it, "I don't think there's anything to do except wait for it to stop," Hermione said, glancing over at him.

She then watched Ron when she heard him heave up another slug, "That's a difficult curse to work at the best of times, but with a broken wand..."

Hagrid was bustling around making them tea, and his Boarhound, Fang, was resting his head on Harry's lap, slobbering all over him. "What did Lockhart want with you, Hagrid?" Harry asked as he scratched Fang's ears.

"Givin' me advice on gettin' kelpies out of a well," he growled, moving a half-plucked rooster off his scrubbed table and setting down the teapot, "like I don't know. An' bangin' on about some banshee he banished. If one word of it was true, I'll eat my kettle."

Lucifer knew it wasn't like Hagrid to criticize a Hogwarts teacher and was eyeing him carefully.

That prompted Hermione to ask something, "Why did Professor Dumbledore hire him? Was it because he was the best man for the job?" Her tone made it sound like she couldn't believe that was the case.

"He was the on'y man for the job," Hagrid said, offering the three of them a plate of treacle toffee while Ron coughed and belched up slugs with squelchy sounds, "an' I mean the on'y one. Gettin' very difficult ter find anyone fer the Dark Arts job. People aren't too keen ter take it on, see. A lot of 'em say it's cursed or jinxed or somethin'. No one's lasted long fer a while now, see. So tell me," Hagrid said, jerking his head at Ron, "Who was he tryin' ter curse?"

"Malfoy, he called Hermione something - it must've been bad, because everyone went crazy, and Lucifer almost killed him," Harry informed Hagrid, just being a chatter mouth like always.

"It was bad," Ron said hoarsely before having to cough up another slug.

"He called Hermione a Mudblood," Lucifer spoke for the first time since arriving there in an angry tone.

"He didn'!" Hagrid growled.

"He did," Hermione said, while looking at Lucifer, “Lucifer even told  Malfoy that if he called me that again, he wouldn't hold back."

"Yeh better hope Lucius don' get wind o' this," Hagrid said.

"Malfoy won't tell his father, he's too afraid of the embarrassment," Lucifer said, his breathing slowly as he closed his eyes to maintain his focus, there were also blue electric sparks going haywire from the tip of his fingers, but his palms were moved behind.

“From, what I understand...It's a disgrace to Pure-Bloods to use such a foul word..." Lucifer scoffed, while making a crack noise of his fingers, ready for some blood.

"Besides, if Pure-Bloods hadn't married Muggles and Muggleborns, we'd have died off centuries ago-" Ron managed to get out before more slugs came up.

But, Hermione was looking at Lucifer and she felt her butterflies moving inside her stomach.

Even began to tear up, "Thank you," she said quietly, but with how small the cabin was, they could all hear her.

Everyone knew who she was thanking.

"Don't mention it," he responded and smiled at her.

_____________

2