Heart’s first spring
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was autumn, the sky was clear and the wind was blowing. The morning sun wasn't too intense. It was late August, and I got admission to a new school in the 5th grade. I was a bit nervous and very excited for my new school. "Dad, Mom, look..." "Wow! Arya is looking like a fairy," I came out of the room in my new school uniform, so Dad sitting at the dining table said with a smile. "Come, fairy, have your breakfast," Mom was making 'aloo paratha' and explaining, "Look, don't fight with anyone, listen to the teachers, and definitely have your lunch during lunchtime. Don't wander around here and there." "Yes, Mom, I know all this. I'm not a little kid." "Yes, Grandma, have your breakfast quickly. Your dad is getting late," said Mom. "Make good friends and stay away from naughty kids like yourself," Dad teased. "Dad... I'm not naughty," I got a little annoyed, and then Mom Dad started laughing. The teacher was already sitting in the classroom, and the students were chatting among themselves. The classroom was a bit empty at the moment because it was before the morning prayer. I felt very nervous as I entered my classroom. "May I come in, ma'am?" Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach, and the teacher seemed a bit strict.

"Come in... a new admission?" "Yes, ma'am." "What's your name?" the teacher asked with a smile, and that brought me some relief. "Good morning ma'am. My name is Arya Sen." "Your admission has come in very late. Your syllabus is quite behind now... Kiran, will you help Arya catch up on the work?" The teacher turned to the class monitor, Kiran. "Sure, ma'am... Arya, come sit next to me." Kiran said with a smile, and I went to sit beside her. She was a really nice girl. My first day at school was good. Most of the students at school were nice, and I made a lot of friends. A few weeks later, the computer teacher called both section A and section B to the computer lab together because there weren't many students in both sections that day. Kiran and I, who were good friends by then, were playing a video game together. The computer teacher noticed and separated us, making us sit with the smart students from section A. I felt sad, but when I looked at my seat partner... his enchanting face... "Are you the late admission from section B?" he asked, "What's your name? and Have you completed your pending syllabus?" His sparkling eyes and disheveled hair were preventing me from looking in any other direction. Even though it was the autumn season outside but a flower of spring was blooming in my heart.....

1